• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Working Title) Tower Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, fellow hivers! I am currently making a tower defense, mainly to get my mapping skills up. In my opinion, the best way to make my tower defense is to make it according to the people who are going to play it, so let me hear it. (BOOM)

I want to know exactly how this tower defense should be put together. I want to know what you would like to see as the map, as the waves, as the towers. I want you to tell me what would make a tower defense perfect.

Me, being a tower defense player myself, have many ideas, but as you should know, everyone is different, so I want a little of everything. Also, note that I do not want you to tell me things that have been done before. I want all fresh ideas. For example, in my tower defense I have a tower that has a chance on hit to make the enemy jump. I do not want towers with crap like "Slow Tower" or anything that is way too constant.

On a side note, don't post a number for health or anything, I'm still balancing.

Thanks in advance!

Level 4
A: Make towers diffeent enough, seriously.. All those TDs with 20 towers that are essentially the same.. SUCK!
B: Make enough different towers. If i'm gonna play through 20 waves, i don't want to build 20 towers of the same type.
C: Make waves challenging, most TDs are either over the top hard or too easy. Some kind of balance setting that sets the next creep difficulty basing on how far the creeps got last time would be nice.
D: Be original.

Level 15
Suggestions:
1) Give end-of-level bounty depending on how fast the wave was cleared.
2) Make towers with active skills AUTO-CAST the skills.
3) Make funny towers (e.g. Ogre tower who can make nearby people fly away due to excess fats XD)
4) Make sure people are given good advice and good tooltips!
5) DO NOT USE UNNECESSARY IMPORTED MODELS!
6) Keep the map lag-free, the wave units alone could make the map lag.
7) Have a system that allows you to summon a hero (e.g. When you kill x units allows you to choose a hero)
8) Tower items xD! Allows towers to buy items! It would make it very original (no tower defence game I played before has tower items).

Level 4
Paladin TD has items for towers, the towers infact are useless without the said items.

Oh yeah: DO NOT EVER USE UNITS AS MODELS FOR TOWERS. "Archer Tower" with archer model is just plain suck, it's not a tower, it's an archer. Use building models for buildings.

Level 4
Paladin TD has items for towers, the towers infact are useless without the said items.

Oh yeah: DO NOT EVER USE UNITS AS MODELS FOR TOWERS. "Archer Tower" with archer model is just plain suck, it's not a tower, it's an archer. Use building models for buildings.

Because there obviously hasn't been thirty Guard Tower models for towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.