• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Auto Cast Ability..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So basically im making a tower defense and i have added some abilities to some towers such as frost nova, thunder clap etc..

Im trying to figure out how to make the tower do the ability when a unit is in its range.

The only thing i could figure out is to make a trigger when a tower does its regular attack also use its ability. Only issue is you have to select a tower that's already on the map?

Please help.. Thanks

Level 1
Geez you just tore my thread up huh... Seems like this is Map Development to me...

Anyway i know about the event. And i realize for a attacking unit you want to refer to the tower. But it only lets your refer to towers in map. But because its a TD no one has built a tower yet.

Level 1
Not sure im understanding what your saying... Could you be more descriptive on why that would solve my problem?

I will look into that when i get home

Thank you for your replies

Level 2
This thread should go under World Editor Help Zone, Map Development is more of a showcase area.
But, anyways this should help with the trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Guard Tower
    • Actions
      • -------- Event is under: Unit - Generic Unit Event --------
      • -------- It refers to ANY unit being attacked. --------
      • -------- To make it more specific, we set a CONDITION, that will make sure that only the UNIT-TYPE we want will run the trigger through. --------
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Triggering unit)
      • -------- Finally, we can order the tower to do what we want it to do in such an event. --------
However, using this technique, you can run into problems. For example, if you continuously mash the Stop command on the tower, or any other unit with such a trigger, you can get undesirable results, especially if you plan on using dummy units to do the brunt of the work in a map.
A better way in GUI, that is, if you wish to use dummy units, is to have a damage event trigger, and add every unit coming into the map to that event.

Level 1
My issue was more with the condition. I was using Unit Comparison instead of Unit-Type.

Thanks shepri that fixed my issue i believe..

Thanks everyone

Sorry about the wrong section.

Level 1
One last question:

Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Human Sorceress - Slow (Attacked unit)

When you set "Human Sorceress - Slow" its in a list of presets.. How do you add more presets so you can select custom abilities.

Level 3
You can't select custom abilities but if you're using something based off of the spell Slow (which is normaly used by sorceress) then you would use "Human Sorceress - Slow".

Basicaly, select the spell you used as your base for your custom spell.

Level 1
Vegavak ok well why talk about it? +1 post count for you

Thank you for your reply CrashLemon i got it now...

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.