• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Default Active Ability on building

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPC

KPC

Level 7
Hi, I have ability on tower builiding - Cold Arrows. When I upgrade normal tower to this tower with arrows I want to have it default active. I added this ability to Default Active Ability but seems like it is not working. Can I make it active via trigger or do semothing?

Also how to set initial mana of it?

Last edited:
Level 10
You should be able to set a unit's starting mana in the Object Editor. There is a field for starting mana:

1617045880696.png

However, if that doesn't work, you can fix both of these issues with triggers:

EVENTS
Unit - A unit Finishes construction
CONDITIONS
(Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Scout Tower
ACTIONS
Unit - Set mana of (Constructed stricture) to 100.00%
Unit - Order (Constructed structure) to Neutral Sea Witch - Activate Frost Arrows

Level 10
Tweaked your trigger a little. This version worked for me.

1617222623864.png

• Used both Events (in case it's ever possible to build the tower without upgrading to it)
  • Used Triggering Unit instead of Constructed Structure for all references
  • Used the Set Mana To % action instead of regular Set Mana (you want it set to full mana, not 100 out of whatever)
I also had to delete your melee initialization trigger to get the map to run properly, not sure if that's part of your issues or not. Could just be my game client being weird.

Happy mapping!

KPC

KPC

Level 7
Everything works as it should. Thanks for your help. I can only refer you to this thread:
Happy mapping!

Status
Not open for further replies.