• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Autocast Spell - "Glitch Workaround"

Did you find this helpfull?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Problem:
When upgradeing from a "level 1" tower, to a "level 2" tower, the autocast spell on the "level 2" tower would not be active even with the spell in the "Default Active Ability", and "Normal Ability" fields.

Note:
The autocast spell is a copy of "parasite", copy and pasted as a custom, then the stats modified to be of a higher quality then that of the same spell used on the "level 1" tower.

-----------------------------------------------------
( GLITCH?!?! )

Note:
After a hour or so of screwing around with triggers and ways of trying to get the parasite spell on the "level 2" tower to be "active" as autocast and failing. I determined the if the "Level 2" tower was built instead of upgraded to, the spell would be active by default like it was suspose to be.

Note!:
When the "level 2" tower is built instead of being upgraded to, the autocast spell would be ACTIVE by default like it is suspose to be.

( FIX )

Note:
So finally I had a way to make the stupid spell be active as autocast like it was suspose to be working by creating a trigger that goes like:

Event:
A unit finishes upgrade
Condition:
unit type of (triggering unit) = "level 1"
Action:
Replace (triggering unit) with "level 2"

I hope this helps out someone else who runs into this problem while constructing a map. A tower defense map was what i was working on.

Hopefully this saves someone some time trying to figure why the spell isn't active by default like it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.