• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worgen V1.0

----------wa666r----------

WORGEN V1.0
Created by Wa666r

202905-albums7720-picture90864.png
Map Info:

An alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the vicious beast: the Worgen.

The worgen threat was contained for millennia, until Archmage Arugal managed to pull the wolf-beasts from the Dream. Summoned by order of King Genn Greymane, the worgen were used to battle Scourge forces encroaching on the kingdom of Gilneas. Yet the feral creatures soon spread their curse throughout the human population of Silverpine Forest, infecting Gilnean soldiers stationed beyond the Greymane Wall. Before long the affliction had advanced through the legendary barrier and was gradually eating away at Gilneas’s humanity. As reports of strange attacks and disappearances rose, fear took root in the hearts of Genn’s people.

Not long ago the curse’s spread was stifled, but the victory proved short-lived. Now, at a time when Gilneas is still recovering from a civil war, the curse has returned with renewed fervor. To compound the worgen threat, the Forsaken are battering at the nation’s gates in a bid to conquer Gilneas. Unbeknownst to many of the kingdom’s citizens, a war between beast and man is also raging within the worgen themselves. Whether or not balance can be restored to these cursed Gilneans before the entirety of Genn’s kingdom loses its humanity is uncertain.

202905-albums7720-picture90865.png
Features:

Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.

- 4 Custom Heroes: Auspex, Elder, Packlord, and Son of Arugal.

- a list of new items reflecting the Worgen beasts.

- All custom units, including Watchers with the ability to both scout and be fierce in battle, or the Nightbane, a soldier that can take damage as well as crush both ground and air.

202905-albums7720-picture90863.png
Some else stuff about map:

TO PLAY AS THE WORGEN, CHOOSE HUMAN WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.

THIS RACE COMES WITH THE Q,W,E,R ABILITY SHORTCUT SYSTEM, AS WELL AS A SIMPLE KEYBOARD TOOLTIP FOR ALL RESEARCHES, UPGRADES, AND TRAINING BASED ON THE POSITION OF THE ICON. BUT UPGRADING THE MAIN BUILDING REMAINS "U."

Please report any balance problems regarding the Cursed Essence system.

202905-albums7720-picture90866.png
Curse Essence: For the Worgen I wanted some way to represent their cunning and vehement strength in battle; along with their unruly curse. So I brought forth a new resource the: the Cursed Essence. This essence is essential for the Worgen race. It is required to research most of the upgrades in the army, as well as entirely needed for one of the main casters, the Shadow Weavers.

This resource, however, is only accessible through killing units. So the user will have to stay in almost constant combat in order to fuel his researches and abilities. A few statistics should be known before venturing into this race:
- Essence gained is equal to the killed unit's level.
- You can kill your own units for Essence.
- Illusions, Summons, or Structures do not provide essence.
- The Worgen player starts out with 50 Essence.
- The Multiboard on the upper-right corner will tell you how much you have gathered.

To coincide with the difficulty to obtain this resource, all upgrades that use Cursed Essence no longer cost any gold or lumber, but do take significantly longer to research.

202905-albums7720-picture90862.jpg
Initial Defense: Darkrunners: The initial defense of the Worgen comes in a form of a potent ranged attacker named th Darkrunner. The tooltip will provide the information needed to know which buildings have access to summoning these beasts, and which do not. How to access this ability is simple; just look at the first item slot of the building and click on it to summon (You may also use the number 7 on the number pad as a shortcut.

The system, however, creates a short of a problem with queuing multiple units from the same production building, So you will have to either click on the next building on the list of your selected buildings or press tab to quickly switch between.

Play as my other races:

Draenei Dalaran Lost Ones Fel Horde Scarlet Crusaders Dark Iron Clan Forsaken High Elves

202905-albums7720-picture90867.jpg
Race Details:

Initial Defense

Strongest Units

Weaknesses

[Rainbow]
- Many buildings can summon Darkrunners - agile attackers that can quickly defend the base.

- They can be upgraded further.
[/Rainbow]
[Rainbow]
- Gunship: Mechanical flyer that deals high area damage against ground enemies.

- Shadow Weaver: Utilizes Curse Essences to devastate enemies.

- Nightbane: Tanking attacker that can both ground and air.[/rainbow]
[Rainbow]
- Many upgrades require Essence, and take longer to research.

- Highly depended on constant combat.

- Many low hit points on units.[/Rainbow]

202905-albums7720-picture90868.jpg

Screenshots/Info:

Image Description:
---

202905-albums7720-picture90869.png

Image Description:
---

202905-albums7720-picture90870.png

Change Log:

Added:
- Small Changes

Credits:

Credit:
Blizzard Entertainment
Cavman
Sellenisko
PROXY
-Grendel
Ujimasa Hojo
NFWar
Kimbo
JollyD
Mecheon
Hayate
67chrome
migB

Keywords:
Worgen, Sexy, Meow
Contents

Worgen V1.0 (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: StoPCampinGn00b Worgen by Wa666r RATINGS Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 20/30 Terrain & Aesthetics: 14/20 Total Score: 34/50 Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+ 4 Stars: 40-47 3 Stars: 25-39 2 Stars: 10-24 1 Stars: 1-9...

M

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Worgen
by Wa666r
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

[COLOR=white

[COLOR=white

Scores[/COLOR]] Gameplay: 20/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 14/20
Total Score: 34/50

Explanation[/COLOR]]5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
The gameplay follows a standard altered melee format with one custom race to play. Worgen and altered melee fans alike may want to give this a go to see how they feel about this map.

It's fairly easy to know what to do in this map thanks to the greatly worded quests and descriptions in game. Everything is fully functioning, but the race itself is a little underwhelming. There are a few somewhat creative abilities and unit styles, but there are almost an excessive amount of abilities you must micro. The essence system works smoothly, but it's more annoying than interesting to balance out. The race surely feels balanced compared to the other ones, but only if the beholder is a micro master due to the low HP and high dependencies on manual abilities.

Melee components in this map are acceptable and I don't see any problems regarding neutral building placement, creep camps, items, and pathing.

20/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain and doodad placement is consistent around the map, but it isn't exactly decorative. I suggest more doodads to be added, but of course not to be spammed.

I don't mind to much about the building skins, but the race units do not match. Whether or not if follows the lore, the choice of models don't fit in with each other. There are a few dark themed units with dark armor and some with light armor. I don't see how the flying contraptions go along with the rest of the worgen, even if it's supposed to resemble a Gilnean type of design (which in my eyes it doesn't).

13/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall I do appreciate the effort, but the map is a bit clunky and has unfitting parts in some areas. Your Forsaken map (which I rated 4/5) doesn't have these problems. Again, feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Level 10
First!

Awesome job, Wa666r! Was waiting for this for a while now...
Also, u didn't credit Hayate for the bear model though, unless you aren't using his one...
-------------EDIT----------------
Played the map, and the race itself is pretty decent (minus the Peryton- wolf headed bird), but one thing I remember telling you when you asked if I had any suggestions for the map is :-
1.Add Ravens or Crows, since Gilneas is full of them..
2.Do a bit of work on the terrain aswell, modify it a bit..
Also, no bugs as far as I've seen..
The tier3 building is supposed to be named Ministry? Minister is a position/occupation not a location..

PS. Leave the Orcs and Trolls to the others, plox :3

Last edited:
Level 11
Humm, that eagle-like beast is horrible, but looks like you don't have much of a choice, maybe you cold ask someone to edit the Gryphon or the Hypogriph (the N.E.'s primary air unit, I don't know how to spell it '-') to put a Worgen ridding it instead of a Dwarf/Night Elf. And the other air unit, that ship, it's kinda of weird in the air due it's "unfinished" front. And since they are Gilneans, replace the Ballista thing and put Cannons. Just some sugestions based on the screenshots. I'm still downloading it.

Level 24
Thank you guys.

I will try to find a better alternative. One of the most difficult parts of race-making has to the damn air units.

Oops. I missed to credit Hayate. I'll fix that; nice catch.

Maybe I could use this instead: This

------------------------Edit -------------------------

Played the map, and the race itself is pretty decent (minus the Peryton- wolf headed bird), but one thing I remember telling you when you asked if I had any suggestions for the map is :-
1.Add Ravens or Crows, since Gilneas is full of them..
2.Do a bit of work on the terrain aswell, modify it a bit..
Also, no bugs as far as I've seen..
The tier3 building is supposed to be named Ministry? Minister is a position/occupation not a location..

PS. Leave the Orcs and Trolls to the others, plox :3

Unfortunately, there aren't many raven or crow models available to use. :(

I will not work on the terrain, I only make the race.

Good catch on the building.

No promises :p

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Why even a Hawk? I mean sure, they could have captured & trained Hawks... Ok, that's actually a reasonable & cool idea; "Worgen Falconer"... Daaaaangsauce., but what else? What flying creatures live in that part of Azeroth? Some kind of small forest drake, mayhaps? (laame...)

Or heck, retool the Worgen as a "aerially-deficient" race; like the Orcish Horde or the Nerubians or Sand Trolls, they might just not have a lot of air-type units available to them.

Level 12
Cool , you released you worgen map , it look great , it is well made , the fourth resource is awesome . How about to make a rasial passive ability ?

Level 10
Unfortunately, there aren't many raven or crow models available to use. :(

I will not work on the terrain, I only make the race.

Well you overlooked Kuhneghetz's
Raven model..

Well, it's fine if you don't wanna work on the terrain. It's your choice after all :3

No Promises :p

I'm just VERY overprotective of these races, and I cannot emphasize enough on the "very", because I'm worried that people will make a shit excuse of the race, which will drive me a tad nuts, so to say.. For Trolls, for example, I know Kyrbi0 will do a hell of a job making a masterpiece for a Troll race map, but how can a loremongering Troll lover be that confident with others?

Also, the reason I mentioned Orcs, is because a major project of mine is under-the-sheets right now, which is, well, a large haul of Orc Clans, and the three Hordes ; Dark, True and Iron. AND it'll really suck if when the project is underway, I find out that "Ooops! Someone has made an Orcish Map of ______ already!".. Cause, you know, that sucks, and it isn't really a "good" feeling...
I don't really take competition that lightly, it just goes along and pisses me off, so I take this as serious business, hope you don't take it offensively..

But either way, great map, just fix up the hitches here and there, and it's quite complete.. 4.9/5 :3

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I'm just VERY overprotective of these races, and I cannot emphasize enough on the "very", because I'm worried that people will make a shit excuse of the race, which will drive me a tad nuts, so to say.. For Trolls, for example, I know Kyrbi0 will do a hell of a job making a masterpiece for a Troll race map, but how can a loremongering Troll lover be that confident with others?

Also, the reason I mentioned Orcs, is because a major project of mine is under-the-sheets right now, which is, well, a large haul of Orc Clans, and the three Hordes ; Dark, True and Iron. AND it'll really suck if when the project is underway, I find out that "Ooops! Someone has made an Orcish Map of ______ already!".. Cause, you know, that sucks, and it isn't really a "good" feeling...
I don't really take competition that lightly, it just goes along and pisses me off, so I take this as serious business, hope you don't take it offensively..

But either way, great map, just fix up the hitches here and there, and it's quite complete.. 4.9/5 :3
I know the feeling, but #1) You can't control what other people choose to do, so #2) Take heart in the fact that if you've done your job well enough, it doesn't matter whether yours comes first or second; it will be known as the better one.

(Then again, Brandon Sanderson makes an excellent point about timeliness (rather than excellence) being the most important trait... :p)

Level 32
Review finished :thumbs_up:

[TD]
Moderator:
StoPCampinGn00b
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
Worgen
by Wa666r
navbits_start.gif
RATINGS

Scores

Explanation

Gameplay: 20/30
Terrain & Aesthetics: 14/20
Total Score: 34/50

5 Stars: 47+
4 Stars: 40-47
3 Stars: 25-39
2 Stars: 10-24
1 Stars: 1-9

navbits_start.gif
CRITIQUE
Gameplay:
The gameplay follows a standard altered melee format with one custom race to play. Worgen and altered melee fans alike may want to give this a go to see how they feel about this map.

It's fairly easy to know what to do in this map thanks to the greatly worded quests and descriptions in game. Everything is fully functioning, but the race itself is a little underwhelming. There are a few somewhat creative abilities and unit styles, but there are almost an excessive amount of abilities you must micro. The essence system works smoothly, but it's more annoying than interesting to balance out. The race surely feels balanced compared to the other ones, but only if the beholder is a micro master due to the low HP and high dependencies on manual abilities.

Melee components in this map are acceptable and I don't see any problems regarding neutral building placement, creep camps, items, and pathing.

20/30
Terrain & Aesthetics:
The terrain and doodad placement is consistent around the map, but it isn't exactly decorative. I suggest more doodads to be added, but of course not to be spammed.

I don't mind to much about the building skins, but the race units do not match. Whether or not if follows the lore, the choice of models don't fit in with each other. There are a few dark themed units with dark armor and some with light armor. I don't see how the flying contraptions go along with the rest of the worgen, even if it's supposed to resemble a Gilnean type of design (which in my eyes it doesn't).

13/20

navbits_start.gif
VERDICT
The only way a map can be approved is if it follows the map submission rules that apply to the map type.
- All rules followed, map approved!
navbits_start.gif
NOTES
Overall I do appreciate the effort, but the map is a bit clunky and has unfitting parts in some areas. Your Forsaken map (which I rated 4/5) doesn't have these problems. Again, feel free to contact me about this review on this map page OR message me about anything. (+2) reputation points for taking your time to upload this map to Hive.
user_offline.gif
user_offline.gif
[/TD] [/TD][/tr]

Last edited: