Created by Wa666r
An alternate melee in my series of maps involving lore races from the Warcraft universe. This addition allows the players to explore and play as the vicious beast: the Worgen.
The worgen threat was contained for millennia, until Archmage Arugal managed to pull the wolf-beasts from the Dream. Summoned by order of King Genn Greymane, the worgen were used to battle Scourge forces encroaching on the kingdom of Gilneas. Yet the feral creatures soon spread their curse throughout the human population of Silverpine Forest, infecting Gilnean soldiers stationed beyond the Greymane Wall. Before long the affliction had advanced through the legendary barrier and was gradually eating away at Gilneas’s humanity. As reports of strange attacks and disappearances rose, fear took root in the hearts of Genn’s people.
Not long ago the curse’s spread was stifled, but the victory proved short-lived. Now, at a time when Gilneas is still recovering from a civil war, the curse has returned with renewed fervor. To compound the worgen threat, the Forsaken are battering at the nation’s gates in a bid to conquer Gilneas. Unbeknownst to many of the kingdom’s citizens, a war between beast and man is also raging within the worgen themselves. Whether or not balance can be restored to these cursed Gilneans before the entirety of Genn’s kingdom loses its humanity is uncertain.
Play as a new race, and behold the tactics and abilities to utilize their various strategies to bring the fight to the enemy.
- 4 Custom Heroes: Auspex, Elder, Packlord, and Son of Arugal.
- a list of new items reflecting the Worgen beasts.
- All custom units, including Watchers with the ability to both scout and be fierce in battle, or the Nightbane, a soldier that can take damage as well as crush both ground and air.
TO PLAY AS THE WORGEN, CHOOSE HUMAN WHEN CHOOSING YOUR RACE.
THIS RACE COMES WITH THE Q,W,E,R ABILITY SHORTCUT SYSTEM, AS WELL AS A SIMPLE KEYBOARD TOOLTIP FOR ALL RESEARCHES, UPGRADES, AND TRAINING BASED ON THE POSITION OF THE ICON. BUT UPGRADING THE MAIN BUILDING REMAINS "U."
Please report any balance problems regarding the Cursed Essence system.
Draenei Dalaran Lost Ones Fel Horde Scarlet Crusaders Dark Iron Clan Forsaken High Elves
- Many buildings can summon Darkrunners - agile attackers that can quickly defend the base.
- They can be upgraded further.
- Gunship: Mechanical flyer that deals high area damage against ground enemies.
- Shadow Weaver: Utilizes Curse Essences to devastate enemies.
- Nightbane: Tanking attacker that can both ground and air.[/rainbow]
- Many upgrades require Essence, and take longer to research.
- Highly depended on constant combat.
- Many low hit points on units.[/Rainbow]
- Small Changes