• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Raven

Raven
Model by: Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)

Descriptions:
The raven (can also be used as a crow) has a good use for various types of maps, such as myths, stories and even real-life-type maps.

Based on the War Eagle model (one of Beastmaster's summons). It uses a texture from a raven, wich can be seen in the Orc Campaignscreen. The legs' texture comes from Druid Storm Crow Form with darker tinting. So this model uses in-game textures.
Portrait camera is built in the model.

YOU MUST GIVE ME CREDITS IF YOU USE THIS MODEL IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this model for your projects as long as you credit me for the model you based it from.

Enjoy! ;)

No certain paths, because this model does not require custom textures.

UPDATE:
- Fixed the colors on the legs so they don't look plain black.
- Optimised the filesize, making the model smaller.

Keywords:
Raven, Crow, Bird, Air, Units, Creeps, Nevermore
Contents

Raven (Model)

Assets
Reviews
Chriz.: Useful critter, works in game.
Level 5
You cant say the craw looks like the craw in fahrenheit because the name of this game in the usa was not the same. You are german right ? But nice model 8.5/10.

Level 11
Looks great :smile: But I think a morph animation where he is on the ground might be vary useful for people using it to show myths or symbolism or something cause its hard to get a good camera angle on a flying by raven, especially since it usually doesnt make sense to follow it

i think its pretty unecessary. i mean, medivh is already a good raven, so whats the point ?
The main reason I made my Raven model is because I found a nice raven texture that is only used in the Orc Campaign Screen.
So, I wanted to do an attempt to edit the War Eagle (it's faster to edit that model due to lesser rigs and bones) and use that raven texture on the model, and did some additional mesh edits as well. And what did I got, a raven that looks much better than the Medivh Crow form.

Good job, man!
May I use it in my map featuring "the crow" storyline? I'll give you a credit :)
Of course you can. I've uploaded this model so people can use it in their projects.

Hi Dan Van Ohlus... my idol... pls reply with my message...
Ok.
Hello!