1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Win A Beta Key Game #2

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by Ralle, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SFilip

SFilip

Resources:
    Resources:
    I used to be an active TheHelper.net member (profile) and former administrator there. Left the site for personal reasons about a year ago.

Author of TESH, now part of the NewGen pack.

Co-author (along with MindWorX) of the Reinventing the Craft project. The RtC project had some very nice activity recently and both me and Mindy are now very interested in exploring the inner workings of both Starcraft II and its editor, once it's released.

Thanks for taking my post into consideration.

2. Zoxc

Zoxc

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I wonder what happened to the other 80 keys?

In an attempt to comply with the "rules", may I present my only remaining outdated resource?

I do have some ramblings about the "rules" though, note how Ralle kind of implies that you have to list ALL of your contributions or you'll break the "rules". However his post doesn't establish if breaking the "rules" gets you disqualified (it even suggests that it won't, by explicitly stating that the first "rule" gets you disqualified). If breaking the "rules" doesn't gets you disqualified, only two of them are effective. These two are:
    - You may only make ONE post. Doing otherwise will get you disqualified.
    - Don't post if you don't want one. You will get punished.

It looks like you might ignore the latter one, but keep in mind the punishment may include, but is not limited to disqualification. The rest of the "rules" can be seen as suggestions to improve your chances of being selected in Ralle's unknown selection process, which may just be pseudorandom selection (and you wasted your time carefully writing a post).

Now if the "rules" gets you disqualified, you may, as stated previously, need to list all of your contributions to the Warcraft III modding community. If that's the case, Drake. will likely be the only one (so far) qualified for selection, if he or she wasn't lying or just plain wrong. If someone else qualifies, it's still likely that Drake. will get one of the 10 beta keys, unless a lot of people try to exploit this loophole.

3. The Red Wizard

The Red Wizard

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I haven't contributed with many resources to the site just 2 maps http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/new-order-v1-49-a-111230/ and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/footmen-freakv1-93-a-81882/?prev=search%3Dfootmen%2520freak%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

I have like every one ells helped people whit modding. and got some people from my ones great clan ''FTYF'' to start modding and joining the hive community.

but I cant pull my self together and get some of my many half done maps or models done cause I keep believing that starcraft 2 soon will come out and then most wc3 players will play SC2 instead.

and the Star editor for SC2 is coming out soon!! I cant wait its going to be awesome.

4. water_Knight

water_Knight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lets see. I use to be a active member and tried to help people with GUI trigger problems in chat. I started to get into terraning and i started to make some terrain for tankcommander <- correct me if name is wrong. I Made a map here with a friend called Vampirism Earth. I also have my first map on this site called BOTRAP <-- Weard name never finished.

5. Infinitynexus

Infinitynexus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well, I've made some random graphics here and there, icons, some textures, etc.

Oh! And a model! Woo.

Partnering up with SuPa- for SC2, we'll be a model factory.

6. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We're giving out 10 per day :D

7. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm my contributions...

I guess this should sum it up:
    • I helped a lot of GUI users clean their spells before i learned JASS and i pointed a lot of GUI users from the spell section to tutorials in our tutorial section.
    • Currently helping Teuncreemers with his The Oakwood project as a second scripter.
    • Currently helping xD.Schurke develop a JAVA project(EditorX) which involves WC3/SC2 and JASS/Galaxy scripting languages by giving feedback and ideas.
    • Oh yeah, i wrote a tutorial about GUI indexing, how to use indexing properly, etc.
    • Entered several of scripting contests on THW(dunno if it means anything, got 2nd place on Hero Contest #2 :p).
    • Helped around the triggers/scripts forum back while ago, also did request spells/systems back then.
    • Had about 10 or more resources in the spell section before the evil spell section purge. (old resources)
    • Currently helping Xarwin with his Hive Battlefield project by suggesting new ideas(maybe beta testing also later).
    • Helping random people which are interested in GUI/JASS via PM's :p
    • Developed the most efficent GUI missile/projectile system on THW which uses the method from my tutorial :p (here)
    Maybe i made a difference on this site, maybe i didn't :p

Since most of my work was helping individuals or helping out on a project.
    I am too lazy to actually finish anything of my own so no maps in the map section from me.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  8. ghost ROM

ghost ROM

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, so I have been playing the original StarCraft since I was five (in the year 1999) and have been a Blizzard-loyal fan ever since. I got my friends into playing StarCraft and Warcraft III, but they were somehow able to get their hands on keys. I really think I deserved the keys more than them. I have been waiting for four years for this game to get released, and the only thing that is holding me back from killing someone is probably the fact that I can play other games while I wait, but I don't know how much longer I can wait. The main thing that I am looking forward to in StarCraft II is the Galaxy Editor, and I'm currently having to deal with the impossibility with current tools to make my own units without Warcraft lagging. (Starcraft II won't lag because of the massive 3D engine updates since Warcraft III.) I'm getting extremely pissed off at everyone flaunting their Beta keys, and I think a loyal Blizzard fan of over ten years deserves some props. Please consider me!

EDIT: I have made a few maps (not on this site), and also made maps for the original SC and Brood War. I am currently working on a project that is still in it's larval stage, so no real info could be found here.

9. peq

peq

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was the first one who suggested "thistype" as keyword for the vjass language* which is probably the most misused keyword now :)

I am also part of the biggest German mapping community at http://warcraft.ingame.de, wrote some tutorials 123
    and helped many people on the forums there

I created some terrains for some maps, especially for anxiety (his unfinished AoSes were definitely worth it) and for quillravens BattleIsle

I also managed to finish some maps by myself, druids vs shamans and some smaller maps

I made some youtube-videos about mapping. (e.g warcraft 3 third-person-cam-demo which shows a mouse controlled third person cam with RtC)

Well, the most mentionable thing to the end: There is a boss in quillravens awesome map Footman XT which is named after me :spell_breaker: and in Water's Footmen Wars there is a pig which is also named after me

10. GhostKnife

GhostKnife

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just can't wait for SC2 to come out, as of late I'm been playing the original Starcraft to prep for the sequel, but since I never got a beta key, I won't have real strategy for SC2, so I'll be noob just as everyone else.. But hey, I'm not complaining. I just really love to have this beta key because I've been following the starcraft story and playing it for as long as I can remember.. This would be awesome if I could get my hands on this beta key! I have not made any contributions on the WC3 Modding site as of yet, but I'm working with the Memoria Team in their upcoming ORPG, I've created their website if you'd like to see it. http://www.memoriaORPG.co.nr/ ( Most of the site is under construction, since the map is still in it's early stages )

11. thisruoy

thisruoy

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh man... I really can't Compete with these contributions.
    I made a caveman skin recently that was pretty decent I think. I just try to provide lulz with my entrys to the contests because I'm not really a serious guy. I've reskinned a Sammy cube and a Sammy kobold in the past texturing contests for the lulz. I just like to make people smile and laugh, even if my jokes are lame. Check out the retraining contest page 2 or so. Here's the link to my caveman.
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/peasant2-blp-157097/?prev=search=Caveman&d=list&r=20
    cheers

12. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    What have I contributed to this site?

I've provided a large amount of custom resources for mappers to use. Models (both model edits and scratch-made), Skins and Icons.
    Some examples of models I've provided are the ones based on the Super Mario series (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Koopa Troopa, Toad etc.), other examples are either releated to other themes (eg. Kirby, Leoric, Beta-esque Dreadlord and Beta-esque Ranger), or being generic (eg. Queen, Snails, Stingrays and Demon King Statue), or something lulzy (eg. Shit, Mr. Mucus Boogerson and Furglewurg).
    I also have knowledge of 2D digital art, so you also see a few freehanded contributions in the skin and icon section as well.

I've made two mediocre maps. One game and one demonstration. The game map is based on a classic NES game called Wild Gunman.
    The demo map pretty much shows the Thwomps (the angry blocks) acting similar to what they do in the original Mario games.

In the days when I was a moderator, I helped approving and disapproving resources from Skins, Models and Icons section. I removed/edited inappropriate posts, I removed/moved/closed/opened threads, I negrepped/infracted/banned rule-breaking users, and (with some help from Septimus) I checked IP's on suspicous multi-accounters.

Sometimes, I report stuffs to the staff.

Sometimes (and when I feel like it) I help or give some hints/tips to people.

13. Midnighters

Midnighters

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I joined hive almost a year ago now, in hopes of becoming a good modder.

I have learned many things about Wc3 and am glad I joined.
    I have learned to make icons, and have contributed icons I have finished to hive.

I have made maps but never finished them, I am in progress of making three now, two of which are on my own, the other with a large team of supportive members.

I have helped many people, with many problems including but not limited to: Triggering, Terraining, Object editor help, Hero ideas, Item ideas, Map story ideas, Descriptions, and much more.

I have contributed to the site as much as possible with the time I have online, and I will continue to do so, even after the release of Sc2.

I feel many of these people should get beta keys, and that this is a good way to bring popularity to hive workshop.

Here is a link to my resources, I am currently learning to model better, and I am learning to make spells. So expect more in the future.

That is my bit for the "Resume" tpye post, and good luck to all who get a beta key.

14. Cavman

Cavman

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Well, I have been really excited for SC2 since it was anounced. Always been a fan of blizz games, and especially the warcraft and starcraft serieses.

I am a modeler by trade here, but I dunno if my skills would be up par to work in SC2. Still, I'd love to see those models up close and in action. Just watching them in action, it would give me all kinds of ideas for what I could do. I shiver in anticipation just thinking about playing SC2.

So Ralle, if you choose me then I thank you from the bottom of my heart, but if ya don't, then congrats to all you other people that entered and got a key.

15. cookies4you

cookies4you

Resources:
    Resources:
    Although I haven't done much for the hive, I am an active member on this site. Although I don't do much, I help many players in GUI triggering and give my regards and comments to many resources. Although I may not deserve the beta key, I hope I can still support other players.

16. I don't want a key (srlsy just wanted to post this because im bored.)

I've made some models & helped terrain some maps.

~End sarcastic post.

17. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I first started sucky skins. And i grew up reviewing maps and giving suggestions/feedbacks to resources.

I also become a duck referee (lolol).

And practiced icon-making, and it went well.

And here comes Race-building contest #3 and Texturing Contest which I participated.

I also submitted two maps which are conversion of wc1 and wc2.

I practiced modeling and submitted some models. With it, I created a model & icon request thread to help people. And I entered a modeling position of FoD by Alagremm.

18. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hey there!

I've had warcraft 3 since 1999 and haven't stopped mapping since.

I've probably created 20+ speedmaps for small inter-clan competitions, and submitted a few projects that I worked extensively on.

I've also done extensive help on the trigger/jass/map editing forums here at the hive as well as on thehelper.net in the past.

I've made jass and vjass systems for all to use, and my maps remain completely open source and unprotected to this day.

Long story short, I can't wait to get the new editor open and play around with galaxy! But first I'd like to understand the new techtree and maybe play through the campaign.

Here are a few of my contributions:
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/very-scared-footmen-004-a-146346/
    "Very Scared Footmen", a speedmap created in 100% open source vjass and features "perfect" leakless script.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/battleshipstourny-032rcc-81981/
    "BattleShips Tourney Edition" a total conversion from sked's original battleships map to 100% vjass including additional ships, reworked weapons, new abilities for all ships, and a brand new terrain. The project has so much to be still worked on however, that I've halted production.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/hunters-hall-008-a-164630/
    "Hunters Hall" a speedmap which has since been converted to a full game. Props to the half-life mod "natural selection" for making me think of this concept, in which 2 teams of 3 players battle with very different races. A hunter team with a ranged weapon versus an alien/beast team with some very abnormal abilities.

Cheers,

Edit: I've been around awhile, and if it counts for anything, SFilip and dark.revenant deserve keys.

19. Avo

Avo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ive done a few skins (only submitted 1), ive been an active mapmaker and ive used the hive for around 2 years. Dont really have much to show for my work. I nominate Sflip for 1 of the SCII beta keys.

20. Guesst

Guesst

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks like I am past the 24-hour deadline, but I figure I might as well try.
    My contributions:
    - MDX squisher, which makes MPQs compress MDXs more aggressively.
    - MDLX converter, which converts back and forth between MDL and MDX model formats.
    - Warforger, which was a modeling program that I never finished, but I think it was somewhat usable when I stopped working on it, so maybe it has helped someone out.

Predictably, I want to make a model editing program for Starcraft 2.

Edit: After looking at the tools section, I remembered two more things I made: a MDX exporter for Milkshape and a tool called MDX Pather which changes the texture paths that an model uses.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.