• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wildlands [v2.4.1c] Remasteredv2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Wildlands
by Wardota2 Gamer

This is another of my melee maps I started editing on in and started balancing the items until I got a melee map

Story
The Demons is trying to corrupt the Wildlands so they can use it to destroy Azeroth you must coordinate your attacks with your allies, or you'll stand little chance. Use the nearest Way Gates to scout your enemies before they find you.

Targets
1.Choose a side you wanna go to the Defenders or Corruptors
2.Fight to victory!
3.Wait for Azgalor to arrive so you can use his items against the enemy!
4.Make sure you reach there first before the enemy!

Screenshots

----------------

Changelog

---released---

-Azgalor now has 100 strength 65 agility and 55 intelegence
-reduced the difficulty
-fixed found bugs
-terrain updated
-changed the doodads in the middle into rocks
-balanced items

-Added a game information,credits list and contact in the quest log
-Changed the name of the Sentinels into Ashenvale Defenders
-Changed the name of The Burning Legion into Ashenvale Corruptors
-The map is now Melee/Co-op

-Fixed the bug ''Pitlord does not attack''
-added 3 creeps near the waygates
-changed the trees into Ashenvale trees
-there are now taverns near your base

-added a tavern in the top north east base

-updated the terrain
-the helth bar is now added with a custom health bar
-new command buttons
-a new model for footman
-a new model for grunt
-added a model for the items
-updated the terrain
-changed some rocks into ashenvale rocks
-removed the taverns and moved to the canyons
-changed the position of goldmine in north west
-the base now have a big space
-added a new model for all the orbs in every race

-added a new model for footman
-changed the model of plaladin
-the death nights death coil has a new abitlity icon and buff model

-Added a intro cinematic in the biggining of the map
-Azgalor does not attack bug has been fixed
-Map Discription in Quest Log has been fixed
-The Burning Legion is now specifide with a new Player Group
-Screenshots added in the discription
-Added gates inside Azgalor's Pit
-Added a countdown timer to specify Azgalor's arrival
-Ashenvale Defenders and Ashenvale corruptor's are now enemy's are fixed
-Fixed some glich's
-Some doodads removed
-New Cinematic within 800 seconds
-Models are now fixed
-Icon bugs fixed
-Doodads pathway's fixed
-Updated discription
-Removed some item's from Azgalor
-Removed the Ahk of Ressuruction from Azgalor

-removed the Taverns

-Given Crown of the Deathlord item to Azgalor
-Added 2 new item's to be dropped by Azgalor Crown of the Deathlord and Rune of Greater Ressuruction
-Encreased Azgalor's Strength to 120
-Decreased Azgalor's Agility to 58
-Encreased Azgalor's Intellegent to 89

-changed the Goblin Laboratory into Mercenary Camps in the Top and Bottom
-fixed the camera bug
-fixed some lag's in the game
-decreased Azgalor's intellegent from 89-84
-balanced some items in the creeps
-removed the units in the start positions

-Added Fountain's near your base
-Some doodads removed
-Added way gates in the top and bottom islands
-Increased the Agility of Azgalor from 58-70
-some camera positions changed

-fixed the Ally bug
-fixed some bugs
-changed position in Camera in Intro cinematic
-Added a Burning Legion base in the Bottom Island (Orc Race)

-fixed the Mannoroth timer bug
-changed the race of Ashenvale Defenders to 2 Humans and 2 Night Elf
-changed the race of Ashenvale Corruptors to 2 Undead and 2 Orcs
-changed the race of the fountains in the middle into Neutral Passive

-fixed some bugs
-changed the color of Mal'Ganis to Green
-changed the color of Balnazzar to Purple
-changed the color of Dalvngyr to Orange
-added 2 new bases in the top and also in the bottom
-added a new race in the burning legion Undead and Orc
-moved the Fountains near the creep camps in the Waygate

-fixed the countdown timer bug 2 times
-changed the Camera position of camera 4 in intro
-removed some trees in the top island
-changed some decorations

Credits

Especial thanks to
Wardota2 Gamer me the author of this map and to Blizzard Entertainment for making this awsome game!

Others
Mc !
EviL_BuddhA
General Frank
UgoUgo
HammerFist132
Nightcrime
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Jhotam_3Dcool&create
John_Drake
Direfury
Cakedog345

Thank's for your models,icons and more!:D

If you ever have a problem just tell me!

Contents

Wildlands (Map)

Reviews
lesnarpower12
You should increase azgalor's size.It is difficult to take him as a serious enemy while the doomguards and infernals are taller. I believe you should change the names of the races. For example: 1) Protectors: sentinels , druids , kirin tor , silver...
deepstrasz
1. I don't think it's necessary to have that cinematic intro which doesn't do much anyway. Hopeful 2. The camera remains on the middle instead of showing the base. 3. You've changed a bunch of icons and models for no reason. 4. How can you defeat the...
Level 14
Semms good i will test it and give my review later.You should add some screenshots
Hey dude can you redownload the map it actually has a lot of bugs and I fixed it in v2.4a hope you enjoy give me your opinions!

v2.4a Changes and Major Bug Fixes

-fixed the Ally bug
-fixed some bugs
-changed position in Camera in Intro cinematic
-Added a Burning Legion base in the Bottom Island (Orc Race)

Level 4
When exactly is azgalor sypposed to arrive ??I was playing for twenty minutes and more and there was no sing of him.Also in the starting sinematic after mal'canis speaks first for some reason the camera moved to the edge of a nearby cliff and there was nothing to see there until he spoke againthe camera didnt moved and you have a quite long while between the dialogs, i mean after malcanis speaks there were at least 8 seconds before he spoke again and during that he did nothing.

Level 14
When exactly is azgalor sypposed to arrive ??I was playing for twenty minutes and more and there was no sing of him.Also in the starting sinematic after mal'canis speaks first for some reason the camera moved to the edge of a nearby cliff and there was nothing to see there until he spoke againthe camera didnt moved and you have a quite long while between the dialogs, i mean after malcanis speaks there were at least 8 seconds before he spoke again and during that he did nothing.
Updated the Camega in the edge part, I am gonna update the countdown timer I think there is a bug going on.......I also figured it out gonna update it again maybe today or tommorow

In the meantime keep tuning in!

Level 4
Love the new models for grunt,footman,and paladin if you can add more do it.
I dont think that having undead as protectors is a good idea, i suggest making them night elves as well.
I understand that sutyrs are my allies as corruptor but, the protectors didnt attack them either.Perhaps you should change that.
I think you should add levers for the gates at the middle, it will look better.

Level 14
Love the new models for grunt,footman,and paladin if you can add more do it.
I dont think that having undead as protectors is a good idea, i suggest making them night elves as well.
I understand that sutyrs are my allies as corruptor but, the protectors didnt attack them either.Perhaps you should change that.
I think you should add levers for the gates at the middle, it will look better.
I finally did what you said and I also changed the bug from what you experienced.

v2.4b Changes and Bug Fixes

-fixed the Mannoroth timer bug
-changed the race of Ashenvale Defenders to 2 Humans and 2 Night Elf
-changed the race of Ashenvale Corruptors to 2 Undead and 2 Orcs
-changed the race of the fountains in the middle into Neutral Passive

Level 14
v2.4c is Here with new Bug Fixes and Changes!

-fixed some bugs
-changed the color of Mal'Ganis to Green
-changed the color of Balnazzar to Purple
-changed the color of Dalvngyr to Orange
-added 2 new bases in the top and also in the bottom
-added a new race in the burning legion Undead and Orc
-moved the Fountains near the creep camps in the Waygate

If you have many problems just tell me!

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
Why is it that one of my allies have to be isolated to the enemy base?

I suggest some unit changes to match the lore:
  • Troll Headhunter -> Orc Spearthrower
  • Troll Witchdoctor -> Orc Warlock
  • Spirit Walker -> Ogre Magi
  • Tauren -> Ogre Mauler
  • Shadow Hunter -> Orc Death Knight
  • Tauren Chieftain -> Ogre Lord
  • Far Seer -> Orc Necrolyte
  • Priest/Sorceress/Dragonhawk -> their Reign of Chaos models
  • Blood Mage -> hmmm probably DotA's Invoker model to be more high elf-ish
No need to change their skills, prolly just their models, names, icons, voice and probably skill icons and descriptions

Last edited:
Level 14
Why is it that one of my allies have to be isolated to the enemy base?

I suggest some unit changes to match the lore:
  • Troll Headhunter -> Orc Spearthrower
  • Troll Witchdoctor -> Orc Warlock
  • Spirit Walker -> Ogre Magi
  • Tauren -> Ogre Mauler
  • Shadow Hunter -> Orc Death Knight
  • Tauren Chieftain -> Ogre Lord
  • Priest/Sorceress/Dragonhawk -> their Reign of Chaos models
  • Blood Mage -> hmmm probably DotA's Invoker model to be more high elf-ish
No need to change their skills, prolly just their models, names, icons, voice and probably skill icons and descriptions
Thanks for your opinion Ardenaso!

Level 4
You should increase azgalor's size.It is difficult to take him as a serious enemy while the doomguards and infernals are taller.
I believe you should change the names of the races.
For example:
1) Protectors: sentinels , druids , kirin tor , silver hand
2) Corruptors: Dark horde , Fel horde , Dreadlord insurgents , Lich king's servants.
Also if you can seperate each unit to the faction that fits the most.
For example:
Sentinels: archer , huntres , dryad , hyprogryph rider , night elf catapult , faerie dragons ,( and if you can add the night elf messenger model and give her healing abilities , the sentinels will have some kind of a priest.)
Druids: druid of the claw , druid of the talon , chimaeras , mountain giant , and some furbolgs.
Silver hand: footman , archer , knight , priest , grypthon , dwarf units ( dwarf canoneer , helicopter , dwarf tank).
Kirin tor: swordman , battle mage , fire mage , sosceres , dragonhank , arcane golem and final unit phoenix.

Dark horde : grunt ( the new model) , spearthrower , rider , wyvern , black drake , kodo , dark shaman( abilities: curse , fel heal ( normal healing with different icon) and spell shield) , catapult , ogre brute , ogre magi.
Fel horde: fel grunt , fel rider , warlock , fel kodo , red drake , nether drake , doomguard , catapult ( no chaos attacks).
Dreadlord insurgents: ghoul , abomination , necromancer , gargolye , giant skeleton ( and archer) , meat vagon.
Lich king's servants: ghoul , abomination , banshee , nerubian mage , frost wyrm , oblivian statue ( and destroyer) , crypt fiend.

HEROES:
Sentinels: priestess , warden , demon hunter , dryad comander.
Druids: keeper of the grove , first druid ( malfurion with different abilities) , a furbolg hero , mountain protector ( mountain giant biger in size than the usual ones with different abilities)
Silver hand: paladin , mountain king , archer comander , grypthon master
Kirin tor: arch mage , blood mage , phoenix rider , elven comander

Dark horde: blademaster , ogre leader , ogre mage comander.
Fel horde: axemaster( grom hellscream model with different abilities) , warlock( Gul'dan or Drak'thul model) , orc death knight.
Dreadlord insurgents: dreadlord , pit lord , doom guard comander( no chaos attack and some good demon abilities) , eredar lord ( no chaos attack and some demon abilities).
Lich king's servants: death knight , lich , cryptlord , banshee quin.

Now i know that i have some lacks of information about my ideas, but if you truly like them ( which will be a great honor to me since you know: yeaaaaaaah me ideas are on a map) you can find many ideas here on hive or dota or ask me again( perhaps i will think of something).

Level 14
You should increase azgalor's size.It is difficult to take him as a serious enemy while the doomguards and infernals are taller.
I believe you should change the names of the races.
For example:
1) Protectors: sentinels , druids , kirin tor , silver hand
2) Corruptors: Dark horde , Fel horde , Dreadlord insurgents , Lich king's servants.
Also if you can seperate each unit to the faction that fits the most.
For example:
Sentinels: archer , huntres , dryad , hyprogryph rider , night elf catapult , faerie dragons ,( and if you can add the night elf messenger model and give her healing abilities , the sentinels will have some kind of a priest.)
Druids: druid of the claw , druid of the talon , chimaeras , mountain giant , and some furbolgs.
Silver hand: footman , archer , knight , priest , grypthon , dwarf units ( dwarf canoneer , helicopter , dwarf tank).
Kirin tor: swordman , battle mage , fire mage , sosceres , dragonhank , arcane golem and final unit phoenix.

Dark horde : grunt ( the new model) , spearthrower , rider , wyvern , black drake , kodo , dark shaman( abilities: curse , fel heal ( normal healing with different icon) and spell shield) , catapult , ogre brute , ogre magi.
Fel horde: fel grunt , fel rider , warlock , fel kodo , red drake , nether drake , doomguard , catapult ( no chaos attacks).
Dreadlord insurgents: ghoul , abomination , necromancer , gargolye , giant skeleton ( and archer) , meat vagon.
Lich king's servants: ghoul , abomination , banshee , nerubian mage , frost wyrm , oblivian statue ( and destroyer) , crypt fiend.

HEROES:
Sentinels: priestess , warden , demon hunter , dryad comander.
Druids: keeper of the grove , first druid ( malfurion with different abilities) , a furbolg hero , mountain protector ( mountain giant biger in size than the usual ones with different abilities)
Silver hand: paladin , mountain king , archer comander , grypthon master
Kirin tor: arch mage , blood mage , phoenix rider , elven comander

Dark horde: blademaster , ogre leader , ogre mage comander.
Fel horde: axemaster( grom hellscream model with different abilities) , warlock( Gul'dan or Drak'thul model) , orc death knight.
Dreadlord insurgents: dreadlord , pit lord , doom guard comander( no chaos attack and some good demon abilities) , eredar lord ( no chaos attack and some demon abilities).
Lich king's servants: death knight , lich , cryptlord , banshee quin.

Now i know that i have some lacks of information about my ideas, but if you truly like them ( which will be a great honor to me since you know: yeaaaaaaah me ideas are on a map) you can find many ideas here on hive or dota or ask me again( perhaps i will think of something).
That is one of the biggest ideas I have ever found ! You are the best lesnar! Thanks that was truly helpfull

Level 4
Since this is an altered meele i think i have some good ideas for it.
1)instead of azgalor you should have archimode to be summoned ( since he is a usual hero for summoning[ reing of chaos , warlords of draenor]
2)I believe that you should have the corrruptors to do something in order to summon him.For example i suggest having every corruptor player exept his primary building to start with a corrupted night elf tree ( the purple one ) which will have one purpose.After the player reaches his primary building to full level the tree will allow the player to train sutyr corruptors.Now you might be wandering the reason why i suggest that.Well i think it will be cool to create a guest for the corruptors to use the satyrs to defile the nearby fountains.Once the fountains are corrupted they will produse enough fell power for archhimode ( or azgalor ) to enter this world.The satyrs will have no attack , but they will have good hp amount ( 800 for example ) and armor aswell ( 8 for example ).They will have only one ability: the fountain corruption : it will allow them to defile the fountains ( here i suggest adding to the ability an effect similar to the one that happens when an undead mine runs out of gold.It will look prety cool.)defilation will have to take some time to finish ( 4 or 5 minutes for example ).During that i suggest having the protectors to show great interest to the satyr that is trying to defile a fountain and the palyer that have him along with his allies will have to protect him.Once defilation is finish the fountain will turn green or red ( whatever you like ) and it will be unable to be restored ( it will still heal hp or mana to everyone) and once the corruptors have enough defiled fountains (6 or 7 i would suggest ) a sinematic will start and in the midle of the map at the demon camp the character you chose will arrive through a portal.And then the BIG change of plans : once azgalor ( or archhimode ) arive he will anounce that the corrruptors are of no further use to him ( i took this idea from reing of chaos [ he did the same with arhas]). It will be THEN were you should make demons hostile to corruptors aswell . Then the corruptors will want revenge but the gates to the modle area will be sealed and the only way to open them will be destroying the two orc bases to southwest and northeast.Once these two bases are down the corruptors will be able to enter the area and exact their revenge to their master ( azgalor or archimode ).

Well this is my idea.You might be wandering what will be with the protectors during all this ( since my idea is fully for corruptor role ).Well i suggest have them trying to destroy the corruptors before and after the summoning ends.

NOTE: if there are AI corruptors you should make them unable to use satyrs which will make the single player a bit more challenging.

Also i have an other idea about a dark horde unit : TWILIGHT MAGE:
SPELLS : curse , the second ability i recomend a passive with orb of darkness icon and it will be exactly that : it will be giving to the unit the adisional attack model ( that shadow bolt ) and if he kills an enemy a skeleton warrior will be spawning from his corpse, and the final and more dangerous spell will be the POSSECION

That's all i have for now hope you like this too. PLEASE tell me your opinon about it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. I don't think it's necessary to have that cinematic intro which doesn't do much anyway. Hopeful
2. The camera remains on the middle instead of showing the base.
3. You've changed a bunch of icons and models for no reason.
4. How can you defeat the enemy before Azgalor arrives when the time is so small? Below that quest requirement it says you can kill Azgalor which contradicts the first requirement.
5. And all the credits don't go to you since you've used external material not made by you.
6. The demons which belong to the light blue player (The Burning Legion) also belong to the orc base which means they have a hard time training units with that much food occupied. They basically just mine and that's kind of it.
7. There aren't any neutral hostile units guarding mines if not all players are in the game.
8. Why would Azgalor drop Rune of Greater Resurrection!? You can't revive him with it and if you could that would be instawin.
9. Isn't Azgalor supposed to reappear after dying, I mean, a timer before that? Or he isn't supposed to appear again? I thought he'd become stronger and stronger each time.
10. Two Crowns of the Deathlord in one go!?
11. The Shimmering Portal can be selected even if it is in death animation. Use the Locust ability on it.

Anyways, it's not refined and the gameplay is somewhat lacking.

I suggest getting some inspiration from these:
UB - Ultimate Battle v1.96 AI+
Deforestation of Felwood v2.1.1
Nightborne v1.04
Planetary Domination v2.04
Sands of Time [v1.9]
The Grand Citadel (Racial Issue 1.6)

Also, this is a reupload. Next time update the first upload. Do not spam the Maps section especially when you get reviews on other version threads.

Awaiting Update.

=====================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!