• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wildland Storehouse/Fort\Hold

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
The main building for the Wildland race. Little more than a fortified camp, the Storehouse can hold a wondrous amount of gold and lumber within its walls. As time goes on, the Storehouse can be upgraded into the Wildland Fort, storing extra food, and allowing the Wildlanders to entrench themselves further into the area. Finally, the Wildland Fort becomes a Wildland Hold, granting it spikes, to protect the outer walls, aswell as adding in a hut, to allow a Hero to rest inside between battles.

Feel free to use and edit this model, but be sure to credit me for my work. Especially since these structures are a total pain.

Keywords:
Forest, Troll, Gnoll, Kobold, Wildland, Town Hall, Great Hall, Stronghold, Fortress, Castle, Keep, Hold, Fort, Structure, Orc, Horde
Contents

Wildland Storehouse/Fort\Hold (Model)

Reviews
Misha 10th Dec 2013 Moderator's Review: okay.. first; on all build/upgrade anims the building goes nicely, but then, halfway through everything sinks down and 'rebuilds' itself like.. super-quick..Leaving the rest of the build anim dull...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
10th Dec 2013
Moderator's Review:

okay.. first; on all build/upgrade anims the building goes nicely, but then, halfway through everything sinks down and 'rebuilds' itself like.. super-quick..Leaving the rest of the build anim dull. Second; two banners on the building's 'left' have flipped normals and aren't vivid like other two. Third; neither of the 3 buildings burns anywhere when damaged. and Fourth; neither death anim has a death sound.

oh and, waypoint flag thingie on the building could use being elsewhere, and not so directly on the wall. but that's just a suggestion :)

Level 24
It looks good and all but I would suggest you try to make the tents look a little more trollish looking, since you're going for an amani look here's some tents, they're of Gurubashi make but should suit fine. Tent.

Level 24
Go and look at the Shadeweaver model. I'd already posted there that these models aren't for the Amani tribe.

I know and I didn't call them amani, I said amani look, I'm simply arguing that the buildings and the models would fit better togheter if they looked similar, so that when you go to a building selling only troll merchants it dosen't look as they live in a human crafted building. Just like you don't want to buy a Death Knight from a building called holy shrine.

I might aswell just point out what I'm going for.

The Wildlanders are essentially ex-mercenaries. Every time you've fought other factions, and slaughtered any trolls, gnolls and kobolds you found along the way? These ones have taken notice. Building off of the remnants of old encampments, they salvaged what they could.

The Wildlanders share more generic models like the Storehouse, and are capable of building their own style of structure. For example, solid Gnoll huts make up part of their Lumbermills and Farms, while shoddy mixtures of wood and stone make up a Kobold Warsmith structure. Unique among these shared or racial structures, will be the Ogre Coliseum.

In any case, generic, shared structures will be made of salvage, with a few little racial bits here and there.