• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fort

READ THIS OR DIE! :D

I made this for model comp 13.

And, I don't want to hear crap about either of these two things:

1. Do not complain about the fact that there are so many geosets. Because, frankly it only makes about 20 to 30 kb difference. It is just how I make my models.

2. Do not complain about the empty space in the walls. That is realistic. If you want "WC3-ish" models, go makes a geomerge. :/

Enjoy!

Keywords:
fort, barracks, archery, smith
Contents

Fort (Model)

Reviews
02:14, 3rd Apr 2009 BlinkBoy: It's been a long time since I last moderated a model of yours. You have improved QUITE A LOT, yet there are still some issues. First, the big number of geosets. As you said it's so high due to how you model, yet I...
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

02:14, 3rd Apr 2009
BlinkBoy: It's been a long time since I last moderated a model of yours. You have improved QUITE A LOT, yet there are still some issues. First, the big number of geosets. As you said it's so high due to how you model, yet I shouldn't approve a model with more than 10 geosets because there's an inner limit in the game concerning geosets. If your model is massed in game(like terraining), bad geometry issues may appear due to the traspassing of the geoset limit. My suggestion is quite simple: use the beloved "Attach" mesh tool to unify similar geosets, don't forget to collapse the geosets before.

That's all, approved, take my advice for the next time. If you have any questions please do.

Level 26
I love you Mr.Bob i really do but i have to remain subjective.
I really like the design, It is a pretty cool looking castle. Some UV could be a lil better, but only if I were to be nitpicky about that.
Quite frankly, I dont care for the animations. The smoke in the stand work looks fine, but for it's death it just kind of flashes red and sinks into the ground, and for the birth, the castle just kind of rises from the dust and dirt. (for example) i would love to see that crane move a little... also, this model is pretty damn huge considering that it has no upgrade animations. I like the level of detail though

This model is perfectly functional yet it could be better. Id love to see what you can do with this

An honest 4/5

Level 31
i dont really like buildings that have a bunch of crap already in it because it seems like the peasants should be building each building separately, but this one turned out pretty nice.

Its a bit too square and there is no foundation.

if you try to build this on a hill it would be floating

u should add a foundation.

The hill would have to be dramaticly steep. And, it is square because it is realistic. I don't care about how is does with the other WC3 models. lol

i dont really like buildings that have a bunch of crap already in it because it seems like the peasants should be building each building separately, but this one turned out pretty nice.

What bunch of crap?

The hill would have to be dramaticly steep. And, it is square because it is realistic. I don't care about how is does with the other WC3 models. lol

Not really dramaticly steep. It can float already at smaller inclinations if not placed at the right spot. I learned that so now I make only buildings with foundation and I also convinced my co-worker of our project to do this way.

Level 31
Not really dramaticly steep. It can float already at smaller inclinations if not placed at the right spot. I learned that so now I make only buildings with foundation and I also convinced my co-worker of our project to do this way.

hmmm...k. Well, I have decided not to use this for the modeling comp13. Instead, I am going to make a much better model. This model will indeed include a foundation. It should be done shortly.

Level 4
Mr. Bob...your awsum man...

I have always loved your buildings, mostly for their detail and modern-ness (I generally do modern maps and it can be hard to find good buildings.) I always seem to find uses for your dwarf tank pack and same with the Bobs Building pack.

However, yes it is right. Add a foundation.

Good Work as always, have a cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.