• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wicked Rising - A new kind of survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Read through the entire thread to get an idea of what's going on and what we need.

EDIT: Although your GUI expertise would be helpful for any advanced triggering we are bound to need.

Level 1
how about adding 3 kinds of zombies every time
1. children
lower hp
faster
can't grab
hard to hit
2. adult
normal stats
3.old man
slow
low hp
easy to hit

Level 27
how about adding 3 kinds of zombies every time
1. children
lower hp
faster
can't grab
hard to hit
2. adult
normal stats
3.old man
slow
low hp
easy to hit

Doubt about the elderly since, well, thre wouldn't be much difference between elderly and average age - both are kinda dead and got the same zombiesh reflexes, and about children... not sure how can they be harder to hit, since they are kinda slow too...

Level 5
Doubt about the elderly since, well, thre wouldn't be much difference between elderly and average age - both are kinda dead and got the same zombiesh reflexes, and about children... not sure how can they be harder to hit, since they are kinda slow too...

Would all depend on the type of infection.

Level 1
I'm not jordan whatever , I'm just new ^^ . anyway I hope this wasn't a replay of another post because I only read the first 23 pages

Level 11

He's smaller?But still,only if you wouldn't know how to use a gun you would miss him...

Level 27
I'm not jordan whatever , I'm just new ^^ . anyway I hope this wasn't a replay of another post because I only read the first 23 pages
Nice try, kid. But you keep doing the same mistake all the time...
He's smaller?But still,only if you wouldn't know how to use a gun you would miss him...
Yes, but if you don't know how to use a gun, you'll miss targeting at anything.

Level 1
what mistake lol I'm just a new player , I got an account on b.net on garena and on rgc , I guess a Damned troll wouldn't create all this accounts for just a map creator , stop saying I am that guy it's quite annoying , anyway I was just trying to give a tip , but if you became so paranoic I'll just find somewhere else where spend some time , I liked the idea of the game whatever

Level 5
what mistake lol I'm just a new player , I got an account on b.net on garena and on rgc , I guess a Damned troll wouldn't create all this accounts for just a map creator , stop saying I am that guy it's quite annoying , anyway I was just trying to give a tip , but if you became so paranoic I'll just find somewhere else where spend some time , I liked the idea of the game whatever

Yep, definitely Jordan.

Sooo you need an inventory system and a craft system - so far those are the advanced ones I can tell. Anything else?

Inventory is almost done, craft system isen't started yet.

Stat system, zombie apocalypse customization, skill system, zombie behavior immprovements...

Stat system is done, zombie apocalypse cusomization is 90% done, skill system needs just a multiboard. Haven't started on a zombie behavior system.

Wow those models were great.. Nice one The_silent .. ^^

Oh yearh, reminds me, we also still need a country selection system, although that's VERY easy to make. I guess that in America and some third world countries, there is a fairly good chance a 12 year old know how to use a gun, but everywhere else, almost none.

Yep, definitely Jordan.
Just click the report button and let a administrator handle it, if he's not jordan, he has nothing to fear. It is really not worth wasting more posts on.

Level 27
So Craft system is in progress, apocalypse customization and other systems need tweaking to be done... and what systems aare still in progress and need some ideas/suggestions?

Also, if you'll ever suspect someone in beeing a jordon, contact Enjoy or Piramidhe@d. Any other moderator will work well too.

So Craft system is in progress, apocalypse customization and other systems need tweaking to be done... and what systems aare still in progress and need some ideas/suggestions?

Also, if you'll ever suspect someone in beeing a jordon, contact Enjoy or Piramidhe@d. Any other moderator will work well too.

No, craft system isn't, item system is. Currently, only terrain need ideas :)

Also, as wc3 is kinda dying... Sadly... I'll redo this in c++ as its own game once this is completely finished...

Level 15
Hmm sounds good and yeah, that would give you more freedom... But why C++? I prefer C# as it's easier andsimpler - and most preferably follows more the basic programming language than C++ (found too many different ways you have to call a method, as C# seems to share more with the other languages, such as Delphi)

EDIT: Also I don't know if it works with C++, but I could recommend you the Windows XNA framework. The framework iteself is free (along with the Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition) and I'm working with it (yeah, with C#) I can say that it's VERY easy to use (even compared to the all-mighty OGRE) and also it's default shader(s) is not bad - well at least better than the one in WC. Also if set correctly then even with high poly count CPU usage can be kept under 50% of a 1-core CPU

Last edited:
Hmm sounds good and yeah, that would give you more freedom... But why C++? I prefer C# as it's easier andsimpler - and most preferably follows more the basic programming language than C++ (found too many different ways you have to call a method, as C# seems to share more with the other languages, such as Delphi)

EDIT: Also I don't know if it works with C++, but I could recommend you the Windows XNA framework. The framework iteself is free (along with the Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition) and I'm working with it (yeah, with C#) I can say that it's VERY easy to use (even compared to the all-mighty OGRE) and also it's default shader(s) is not bad - well at least better than the one in WC. Also if set correctly then even with high poly count CPU usage can be kept under 50% of a 1-core CPU

I was thought C++, that really why I choose it xD will check Windows XNA framework, is it a 3d rendering tool since you refer to OGRE?. CPU usage isn't really a big problem, as the finished game will have graphic much similar to wc3 which mean a lot of low poly models.

Although, I'll focus all my attention on the map before I even consider more about the game.

Warcraft III is hardly dying.

Warcraft 3 B.Net has been dying for years now, it's an unfortunate thing. This site on the other hand, still thrives!

Haven't actually played it for a while. Just everything I hears point in that direction. :/

Level 4
Hey guys, I found something realy awesome. Check this out http://projectzomboid.com/blog/
This game is realy realistic, I played the demo 3 times now, and died everytime in one or two days, because some things are so realistic that you dont expect them :D
I dont want to spoiler too much, because its kind of cool to find out what is deadly in the apocolypse ;) Mabye we can get some ideas from it.

Hope that this will help. Mabye you can add some events form that game in Wicked Rising... After the Alpha release, ofc ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.