• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pure Zombie Survival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Coming to a town near you: Pure Zombie Survival

Pure Zombie Survival
Basic Synopsis: You are a standard civilian in the mystical city of sheev. You live your daily life and do your job. One day news of the living dead reach your city. Many people believe its fake but you being scared, quit your job and start buying supplys needed for holding out a zombie invasion... Eventually a group of zombies find your town and your town is then attacked. You are forced to live for 2 weeks IN GAME until help finally arrives. After help arrives you must support them and escape the city. May be Sequel

Advanced Story Line:

The game starts with you taking a series of trials. These trials give you job points based on your performance. Job points are used to get a job. You may save and load your job points. Once you have selected your job you choose what kind of hero you want. Agility, Strength, Intellegence. They are all basically the same except their attributes are slightly different ( +3 stat game per level, +10 speed, +50 HP, +50 MANA)

You then start doing your job and gaining money as you complete the tasks. The tasks will be fairly simple so you can get a good amount of gold. (Each job is different payment) You do jobs for about 5-7 game days until news of zombies reach your town. You automatically quit your job. (You only have one job, you cannot re pick either, you may trade*) You then buy items in stores and find an area to make a base in. This may be from inside the city in a blocked off area, to out in the forest.

When the zombies spawn ( 10-12 ) they have the infect ability. The infect ability infects the target with the virus and when the target dies (takes damage over time) they become a zombie. This simulates a real infection. (about 500-600 civilians just waiting to be infected!) After the zombies have infected the town they start coming after the harder targets... you. The zombies are extremely powerful so expect to lose your base many times.

There are many different strategy's in the game for this part. There is the Wandering ( You are constantly on the move, just trying to live.) The heavy defenses ( Extremely high wall technology and wall HP) the Attacker ( On the offensive, tries to clear zombies around allies base ). There are many more but they are not listed. (these strats are gotten from the promotional game for this game)

The final part of the game is basically getting to the military you see at the starting cinematic... Under construction

PROGRESS
Terrain and Doodads 100%
Items 35%
Triggers 70%
Units 50%
Systems 95%
COMPLETION 64% = 3 weeks till planned final
Hopefully will be out in February or march at latest.

NOT ALL PARTS ARE DONE. Contact me on US EAST!

Made by Remscar on US - EAST
Post Comments, Suggestions, Ect Here.
-I need some more general input and ideas-

Organization email: [email protected]
Personal email: [email protected]

The first actual public release of the game, 2.7E.
NOTES: Bus Driver will cause timer spam each time thy do mission. Please submit any bugs you find or glitches. Suggestions are always welcome. ****THIS IS JUST A TEST****
LINK: Pure Zombie Survival 2.8E - Warcraft 3 Maps - EpicWar.com
DL HERE: View attachment PZS2.8EPUBLIC.w3x

:spell_breaker: Look for games of it on US EAST hosted by me.

Last edited:
Level 7
I'm going to try out the beta right now, Sounds interesting.
We shall see.

Well, I bassicly sat there for 6 mintues waiting for it to start and it never did.

So yeah.

Level 10
Sounds like a zombie survival following a dead path. I swear I have seen another zombie survival like this, but it was probably a long time ago (back when I didn't know about this site, Epicwar.com, and when I was working on my inactive project: Survival of the Fittest (or its original name: Battle of the Fittest)).
The idea sounds nice, fresh and very customizable (in the editor). Problem with most base building survivals is that there is either way to strong enemies, or it just gets boring after you get the "perfect" base defenses.
Sounds interesting, and actually reminds me of my old survival (Alien Invasion).

Level 2
Yea i hope to be adding in some really hard events such as your buildings all collapse on you randomly. I also am planning on making it so no matter what you do you may still lose your base. Also there really are no "Towers" in my game. If there are towers like units then they are turrets which only last 30 seconds and can be built late game. Also the only early game defensive structure is a watch tower with a sniper upgrade. Which deals 1000 dmg /10second cool down.

Basically im aiming for a game where defense is key, but you cant live inside all game. There is a food system and if you run out of food you will die. You are forced to go into hostile territory and find food.
Also, many buildings (excluding walls and sight units) will die over time. If you aren't standing in a general vicinity of them then the will take 1% damage of there max hp per second.

Status
Not open for further replies.