• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pure Zombie Survival Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Map Title: Pure Zombie Survival v. 3.0.0B
Mapper: Remscar

Overall, despite many flaws I find that I have enjoyed this game.

The maze & character selection part is original.
The jobs part is fun, and lets people really 'get into' playing the game.
The storyline really draws you in with all of the fun cinematics.
But often, players become bored and leave when Nightmare setting kicks in.

Balance & Gameplay Issues
-Doctor is very overpowered. He earns cash much faster than he should. There should be a hurdle or stop once his player reaches a certain limit. I think you can win the game reasonably with 200,000 gold.
-A minor issue is you can get stuck on the bigger buildings.
-You have a major issue, all players other than red and yellow get disconnected from the game half-way through Noob Time. "You have been disconnected from the Host"
-Taxi Driver loses his cab and can't get it back to keep earning cash during Noob Time.
-Stock Broker earns far less than the good Doctor.

Other than those issues, the others are forgivable and this is a great game to check out!

Level 10
Is this really the place for map reviews?... It's more a place for developing map makers to post their work/works in progress to get feedback for improvement and such...

...Anyhow, you should throw in a couple of pics and a download link for the map if you want to promote it here.

Oh and if a games enjoyable despite having a lot of flaws, then chances are it could be a great game if you passed those faults you found on to the map author

Status
Not open for further replies.