• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why is such a double standard here at THW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
It would be nice if you stop your argument, or bring it out to VM/PM.
I don't see a single reason why people should attack each other in front of everyone else.

MiniMage, were you that smart to start this argument?
Mr. Bob, are you even smarter to reply?

I mean, like, jeez, guys, keep this down. Everything can be solved, this or that way.
Please?

Level 31
That's the problem. I don't recall attacking him. I'm trying to get a point across here, and I keep being met with, "you are a troll. Stop acting so important."

And ofc I'm going to reply. From the very first post from the creator I've been consistently mentioned for god knows what reason, and I'm legitimately confused as to why.

This was bound to happen. The OP probably found Bob to be a bit of a dick, and made a point of it. Other people saw this, and through the magic of the internet, multiple posts about how much of an unrelenting asshole Bob is supposed to be popped up.

Of course, through personal experience, I tend to agree, but that's beside the point. Mention a name and call them whatever you will, and this happens.

And perhaps, Bob, you do come off as rather dickish. Try saving it for more appropriate situations.

tumblr_lsd8j5PO0O1qjabauo1_500.jpg

Level 19
Yes, because telling someone they might have a bit of an attitude is retarded.

What would be retarded, would be getting antagonistic, and telling you to stop with your hissy fit over this, this and that.

But I'm not doing that.

You can't tell someone they have an attitude when you clearly are having your period over personal experience with Bob.

The OP probably found Bob to be a bit of a dick, and made a point of it. Other people saw this, and through the magic of the internet, multiple posts about how much of an unrelenting asshole Bob is supposed to be popped up.
The red is for your menstruation.

Level 27
It makes me wonder why there isn't more of them.
Probably because the correct solution to a misbehaving user is to report their posts instead of making threads to basically flame them.

I mean, it's not like anti-<user> threads are a sign of some kind of sickness within a community.

A sickness whose cure is to ban the hated user. Yes, that is the only cure.

...Don't make me use sarcasm tags. <.<

Level 8
If I were told to kill one of you given your username anyone of you are a good bet for a bullet.
Hey, bob I think he's got you beat son. Here's a man who appears to be threatening another user.. get this now with some sort of bullet. Whad'ya pack'in there Traxy baby?

I'm sorry... I couldn't resist.

After see'in a killer like this pop up here Mr.Bob, hell your start'in to look better and better all the time! lol

You are a bully bob, but don't sweat it baby, you will grow out of it. That's a fact.

BTW Mr. Bob what was that link you sent me? Looked like a invite to some sorta chat room brawl I'm guess'in :)

Was that where you were hoping to finish me off? lol

You know bob I won't get in that chat room with you man, you'll whip by ass!

lol

I'm just joking bob I don't even own a donkey.

If I went into the "battle room" lol with ya bob and let ya "beat up on me and then left would ya think I'm some kind of weenie? Seriously?

Do you often "hurt others feeling" as you mentioned earlier?
Do you people every consider who you really might be talk'in too.

Let me tell you something son. Your not gonna hurt my feelings. I was married for 7 years, I gotta heart like a redwood! What could you possibly say to me that hasn't been said to my face already?! For real not this internet BS!

Some retard talk'in out his rear end about kill'in someone you think your scaring somebody? Do Ya? Are a complete moron son? I have been shot at for real.
You have any idea what that's like? You ever been in a room filled with CS gas and then the your forced to take your gas mask off and the drill sergent asks you some questions while he's wearin his and your eyes are watering, your nose is running like a damn facet and soon as you run out the room you puke your guts out! WELL I HAVE! And they do that so a soldier will know what CS gas is and smells like.

My point is don't talk trash. It just shows how immature you really are.

And when WE make assumptions about people WE really don't have a clue who we're talk'in to.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
We may be a good social website, but the way I see it, we're not that good, either because we aren't that large or just because of the kind of community it is, or the kind that composes that community.

If the modding website of the part died, then people of the social part would eventually leave: Oh, that user left so I'm leaving too, and it'd soon start a chain reaction that would lead the complete abandonment of this website -- because who would come here if the website lost its modding focus? Sure we'd live for perhaps a year, perhaps a few, but then what? There are instant messengers and better ways of communication all over the web, you don't need the Hive for that.

On the other hand, we'd be considerably smaller (most users would have left) if we didn't have the social part. The website wouldn't die out, but our "traffic" (if you want to call it that) would be chopped considerably.

It's why the "dev vs community" arguments here are flawed: it's being assumed that there's no intersection between both. The two situations described in the two last paragraphs would probably happen because most users don't stay here for the development part of the website, nor the community. They stay for the combination of both. They may not like it, but they put up with it, meanwhile trying to cope with the way the website works, until either the community slowly renews itself (it allows does, as new users come by) for the better or their patience dies out.
Pick up GhostThruster's list of users and imagine a scenario where they were chopped out of the social or development (modding) part of the website, for example. You'd soon realize that they're not dependent on a single side alone, but on both.

To conclude, the development and community&social parts of the Hive maintain a dynamic equilibrium between them that allows, for better or for worse, the website to work the way it does.
I'm not sure why someone brought the "dev vs social" subject into the table in the first place, but here's some light to it.

Level 27
@ironman: I'm starting to think you're getting more and more delusional by the minute.
ironman, before you respond, allow me to explain what Ghost here is thinking.
Do you people every consider who you really might be talk'in too.
No, he doesn't. Nobody does. Neither you nor I.
My point is don't talk trash. It just shows how immature you really are.
What, exactly, do you call this, then:
You are a bully bob, but don't sweat it baby, you will grow out of it. That's a fact.

BTW Mr. Bob what was that link you sent me? Looked like a invite to some sorta chat room brawl I'm guess'in :)

You know bob I won't get in that chat room with you man, you'll whip by ass!

lol

I'm just joking bob I don't even own a donkey.

If I went into the "battle room" lol with ya bob and let ya "beat up on me and then left would ya think I'm some kind of weenie? Seriously?

Do you often "hurt others feeling" as you mentioned earlier?
And when WE make assumptions about people WE really don't have a clue who we're talk'in to.
No, I know. I know all to well. And I'm sure you do too. And the possibility even comes to mind that you might have set this up for the direct purpose that someone call you out on it.

See, you are completely wrong about why Bob invited you to the Hive's chatroom.
Not too far off the mark, really.
Sort of accurate.
Yeah, pretty much.

But see, he can do all that in the forums. You wanna know we he invited you to chat?

'Cuz he wants to talk to you. Note that I said "talk" and not troll. I'm implying he gives a damn about what you have to say. That he harbors a sort of "respect" for your opinion on some level. That you aren't just another blabbermouth dramatic newfag trying to "prove themselves" to the Hive.

If Bob invited you to chat...
It's a compliment.

Level 35
i like the part where a double standard was pointed out against the op on a thread about double standards

i don't like the part where the op acts like an internet tough guy, talking about 'chatroom brawls' as though we're a bunch of tough-guy bikies with strippers and guns and bikes

the internet is not a bar, so if you're looking for a fight, please don't do it here

it's not tough, it's not cool, if you win you definitely won't get girls, it's pointless

Level 8
We may be a good social website, but the way I see it, we're not that good, either because we aren't that large or just because of the kind of community it is, or the kind that composes that community.
If the modding website of the part died, then people of the social part would eventually leave

@RUI - You seemed to be fishing :) and I'm still up so maybe I can give you some perspective on what I like about the website and a possible direction.

I'm not a internet marketing guru, nor am I a gaming analyst. But it wouldn't be a bad idea to have such experts on the payroll.

Anyway the initial attraction for most if not all users to this site is or was WC3. I think that's a given. Whether or not that's why people stay here is really irrelevant if your focus is what to do, not if, but when WC3 modding dies. It's inevitable.

There's got to be a lot of questions that need answered like at what rate of decline are we losing users? Is the rate of resource downloads declining enough to consider a change in website focus??? How much has the active users list declined over the past?

Anyway back to the attraction of this Site. You know this site is one of the better looking sites, its very well laid out, the night elf theme it really pleasing to look at. I think you'd be pressed to find someone how disagree's with that.

Regardless of what some say about the rep system you have here I'm telling you Rui most users here love it!

Some other points to ponder:

Consider who most users are and have this majority been polled about such thing? If not consider it!

In my humble opinion there is no other website like The Hive Workshop.

One last thing...

I hope you guys don't screw it up :)

Level 35
But it wouldn't be a bad idea to have such experts on the payroll.

SPOILER ALERT: No one gets paid to work here

this is a hobby site maintained by Ralle as a hobby
people like me love it as it is, and wouldn't really want anything changed about it

what IS a bad idea is creating a thread attempting to poke holes in how the site works socially when there are people who hang out here more than anyone else and like it the way it is

anyway it seems you are getting offtopic
wasn't the initial idea to point out the so-called hypocrisy that is going on with threads going offtopic?

Level 25
I hope you guys don't screw it up :)

This Website and most any other website is a Business. And at this place of business you have customers. We call these customers users. The better customers register, and they are registered users.
Of these registered users what percentage are new users?
I'm pretty sure its a very high percentage.

From a Business standpoint our goal would be:
1. We have to get them here (Traffic)
2.They are happy and continue to visit.

Seriously though Mr.Bob unless you were someone I couldn't live without if this were my website you'd be banned, period.

Speaking from a business point of view. It's nothing personal.

You already trying hard to do so.
This a Community and not a Business.

Level 30
Oh, for fuck sake, would you all stop being retarded idiots that attack each other without even a proper reason?! If the situation was that hard as you think it is, you really think that our Administrators and Moderators would just stand in there and watch the community burn? Mindlessness is the key of this thread, and NO, there isn't a double standard in here! There is just a small thing that the new users are afraid to acquire friendship with users who are highly respected! Afraid! We do not flame or troll them!

So stop being so fucking retarded, when the answer is above your heads! Why do people want to look at your idiotic attempt of bringing someone down? Bringing down a person they know for ages and like it's sense of humor and character? Yes, we like Mr. Bob, so what? Got a problem?! Stop trying to rise above the others, and doing what you said that was "the flaw of this site"!

And can someone close this thread? Please? This is getting far away from the edges.

AAAAAAAA! [/rage]

This post was meant to insult, but in a good way of stopping this pathetic treachery. No administrators were harmed in it's creation.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Oh, for fuck sake, would you all stop being retarded idiots that attack each other without even a proper reason?! If the situation was that hard as you think it is, you really think that our Administrators and Moderators would just stand in there and watch the community burn? Mindlessness is the key of this thread, and NO, there isn't a double standard in here! There is just a small thing that the new users are afraid to acquire friendship with users who are highly respected! Afraid! We do not flame or troll them!

So stop being so fucking retarded, when the answer is above your heads! Why do people want to look at your idiotic attempt of bringing someone down? Bringing down a person they know for ages and like it's sense of humor and character? Yes, we like Mr. Bob, so what? Got a problem?! Stop trying to rise above the others, and doing what you said that was "the flaw of this site"!

And can someone close this thread? Please? This is getting far away from the edges.

qft.

Status
Not open for further replies.