• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A small improvement against double posting in resources

Hello there.
I am a bit triggered when someone breaks a rule, even a minor one.
I saw multiple times members double posting in a resource because they replies THEN comment a notation ; which effectively put two replies in a row (I also fell to it, maybe several times). Nothing tells the user that the comment is transformed into a reply !
We need some tweaks to avoid that & further moderation work.

My suggestion is in five parts :
When replying to a non-noted resource, pop up a notation window / put the notation directly in the reply editor if not done yet
Block notation comment if the user just replied to the topic, and warn them about their recent reply
When someone effectively double-post, its reply is fused with the previous one ; it fires notification normally
The comment used as notation has a visual difference with the other ones ; the user can select which of their reply is a notation
Get the notation list from a button on the resource page

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'll be honest; I'm not even sure the rule against double-posting should still be a thing. I think it's largely a relic of the past, and I don't know that we should continue to penalize it.

That being said, so long as it is still a Rule, as a Moderator I'll encourage following it. ; ) But I don't quite understand what you are going on about; what is a "notation", and how does it result in a double-post? Do you have any examples you could link to?