• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New replies in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hey guys, I have a little suggestion concerning replies to threads and I think this will be really useful especially to those users who like to post walls of texts as replies to a thread rather than those who reply with really short sentences. I have experienced being out-replied by other users more than I like to admit it and it's not really something that can be called as a good feeling. It's either I'm a really slow typer or my replies are just much more longer than other users.

Maybe halting the reply and showing the new replies first and confirming if the user wants to continue posting the reply or edit his post accordingly to the new posts so that users won't have to edit their post once it is already posted.

Since being out-replied by other users is definitely unavoidable, perhaps this will prevent that from happening.

Level 9
honestly I don't see anything wrong with being "out-replied". It's a normal thing to happen in a forum with active users. of course if such users wish to not be "out-replied", they always can Ctrl + A, Ctrl + C, then refresh the page, if there is no post, paste it again in text box, then post. Or just use the Go Advanced option, it saves the text box content through Refresh Page.

Status
Not open for further replies.