• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exclude Resource Replies in "New Posts"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Hello,

Would it be possible to add an option to exclude replies to resource threads in the New Posts section?

The purpose would be to avoid these kind of situations:
upload_2020-8-14_13-45-19.png

Thanks in advance.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's the risk of watching the whole resource forum, I guess.
I don't do that. I check the forums manually.
First I thought you were talking about
anima.png

EDIT: I mean what would the point be of watching a Resource forum if you don't get notifications of new uploaded things? If you're referring to what people post afterwards as comments to those threads, then yes, it could get annoying but then don't watch the whole forum.

Last edited:
Level 24
Hmm. But they’re posts. What’s the difference?
The difference is in the average quality and relevance of the posts, I would say. Most (not to say all) replies in a resource thread are people commenting something along the lines of "nice 4/5 +rep" or the opposite "wow what a ugly model you made 1/5 -rep" which is only really relevant to the resource author.

My $0,02 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.