• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Why do the computer players prefer to attack me instead of attacking each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm making a campaign, where in lots of parts there are hostile players to the user, and to each other, fighting in between them. They are paused, and engage only when I get near them. The only problem, is that if I get too near, or attack them once, both teams prefer to tear ME apart instead of keep fighting normally everyone vs. everyone. Any ideas on how to fix this? :/

Level 12
I'd like to note that in Starcraft 2 (atleast when i played during wings of liberty) the normal SC2 AI would all focus you, they would attack each other if they ran into eachother while coming to attack you but still, they were coming for you and for the most part ignored eachothers bases.

Although that may not be directly related to your problem my point is that perhaps blizzard programmed the normal AI to identify you as a human player and each other as CPUs and make the human player priority#1 on their kill list

Level 16
I'd like to note that in Starcraft 2 (atleast when i played during wings of liberty) the normal SC2 AI would all focus you, they would attack each other if they ran into eachother while coming to attack you but still, they were coming for you and for the most part ignored eachothers bases.

Although that may not be directly related to your problem my point is that perhaps blizzard programmed the normal AI to identify you as a human player and each other as CPUs and make the human player priority#1 on their kill list

Yep, they always attacked the weakest player too it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.