• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Hostile battle pause priorities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'm making a campaign, where in lots of parts there are hostile players to the user, fighting in between them. They are paused, and engage only when I get near them. One of the players is player 7 (green) and the other is neutral hostile. The only problem, is that if I get too near, or attack them once, both teams prefer to tear ME apart instead of keep fighting normally everyone vs. everyone. Any ideas on how to fix this? :/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The only problem, is that if I get too near, or attack them once, both teams prefer to tear ME apart instead of keep fighting normally everyone vs. everyone. Any ideas on how to fix this? :/
Welcome to Video games. This is how all AI I know works. Heck this is how humans work in FFAs, choose the weakest and kill them or choose the strongest and gang him.

If you want to force easy mode, if you attack one make the other one retreat. As suggested above you can try to force them to base attack each other all the time but this may make them dull and easy since they will have no army to fight you with.

Level 12
Try with having the neutral hostile units being owned by a CPU player instead or have the player 7 green units be owned by neutral victim or extra with changed alliance settings.

Level 10
Welcome to Video games. This is how all AI I know works. Heck this is how humans work in FFAs, choose the weakest and kill them or choose the strongest and gang him.

If you want to force easy mode, if you attack one make the other one retreat. As suggested above you can try to force them to base attack each other all the time but this may make them dull and easy since they will have no army to fight you with.

If it's a big army, I reckon I would have made some force attack each other, but some won't, and instead try to hit you a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.