• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What controls the Neutral Hostile minimap colour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
As title says.
Neutral Hostiles have a fixed mini-map colour (dark grey), this is not affected by mini-map settings or the changing the team-colour of the Neutral Hostile Player.

Thus, how does one change the mini-map colour of Neutral Hostile?

Level 6
You don't, I think.

It is easier to trigger to pick every unit owned by neutral hostile and change color, which then will show up as the said color on the minimap and in game.

Level 6
This does not actually work.

I tried it - it worked for me... using a trigger that picks every unit in the map and then changing the color. Just be sure to clean the unit group leak, then it's all good.

The only real problem is spawning new units but you could just also add a new action that changes the unit's color as it enters the map area, which is not super hard.

Or, alternatively, use a player color and make it an enemy/creep instead and do that from there.

Edit: Apparently the minimap colors don't change but the team color changes for units, so I see what you mean. Just use a player slot as a computer and make it hostile instead or something.

Level 23
Tried to change the Team Color of "Player - Natural Hostile" ?

That was the go to solution, it does not work as the original post states.

Or, alternatively, use a player color and make it an enemy/creep instead and do that from there.

Edit: Apparently the minimap colors don't change but the team color changes for units, so I see what you mean. Just use a player slot as a computer and make it hostile instead or something.

The problem is that I need the player to be Neutral Hostile; as Neutral Hostiles are the only units that display their nameplates when moused over, as opposed to player name.

Level 6
I see. I'm curious, what makes the specific player color important for this case in particular if you don't mind me asking?

Status
Not open for further replies.