• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Unique AI player for each human player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

In maps like Battlecraft or Castle Fight, each team does not actually control the units that fight for them, but rather it goes to a bot that does the fighting. Battlecraft has 4 teams = 4 AIs = 12 players total (2 per team).

But, what if you want a separate AI to manage the army of each player, but there are say 10 teams (each player is their own team, and each AI army should be able to engage any other AI army owned by another player).

Is there any way to do that? Can you make units for players above neutral hostile (assuming player 1 is 0, and then neutral hostile is 12 or 13), so is it possible to give units to an extended player above 13, e.g. set the owner flag for a unit to say player 173 (or however many "extended" players warcraft could support). I know in Starcraft Broodwar you can do this, but it always results in buffer overflows and sometimes crashes of course.

I would figure though the amount of AI players should not be limited by the amount of human players (12 in wc3).

If there is no such solution, I guess it's possible to create your own system for alliances/enemies, e.g. ordering the bot units to automatically engage other bot units, even if technically they are on the same team, and owned by the same player.

Status
Not open for further replies.