• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Neutral Hostile/Passive <> Player 13/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello!

I've been editing a 12 player map for a couple of years and stopped some time ago. The new patch and Reforged got me excited and I decided to go back and start editing it again but I have the following problem:

Player 13 which is a player controlled faction is considered by the game to be = Neutral Hostile meaning that all units placed in the editor as Neutral Hostile, in game are belonging to player 13. Triggers moving units to the Neutral Hostile Faction will instead move units to Player 13.

Neutral Passive (Player Slot 26) is considered by the game as Player Slot 14 which means that units which should be stood around passively will instead engage players as if they were Hostile.

I've tried making a map from scratch to isolate the problem, but I can't for the life of me figure it out and the problem doesn't seem to be that common. Any ideas?

PassiveHostile.png

*Edit* I've included an image so what is happening should be completely clear.

Last edited:
Level 12
The problem is that player 13 and player 14 ARE the neutral hostile and passive players, respectively, but only in older warcraft 3 versions.

As far as I know, the way to solve this is to simply change all preplaced units and all triggers to match the correct player numbers.

Level 3
Good news! It seems that its my Map-Optimizer causing trouble. While setting up a map to post for you guys I managed to isolate the problem.

For anyone else having the same problem check this thread: Wc3 Map Optimizer comments - Page 24 - Wc3C.net

Now one final thing while I've got you guys's ears. Do any of you know how to set custom tile path-ability? AKA. Make certain types unpathable? I used to do it through my old editor but that is no longer up to date thx to the new patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.