• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Which Video Game Should Become a Movie?

Which one?

• Halo

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Metroid

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Megaman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Devil May Cry

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Ninja Gaiden

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Diablo

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Unreal Tournament

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Starcraft

Votes: 21 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
A full action packed DEVIL MAY CRY movie will BE awesome. Just imagine Dante and Nero on live TV screen! WOOhoooooo!

Level 15
You completely ignored what I said before, didn't you? Movies, especially those based on video-games, need a good plot and a good script to be good. Why is it a bad idea for a Portal or Half-Life game? Sure, they have plots, but we have a problem-Gordon Freeman CANNOT SPEAK. We do not know what he SOUNDS LIKE, what he ACTS LIKE, and how he thinks. In addition, people might have done things differently than other people. For example, someone might have crashed a few times in Water Hazard or something like that, or got chased by the Combine in a Red Letter Day (before running through the apartments). People who didn't experience said examples may get disappointed. See my point?

Level 7
Seriously... all live-action movies I can find that it is good enough to watch is Mortal Kombat... The others... sucks.

Damn live-action movie had ruined agent 47. I'm not going to see anyone ruining any cool characters anymore X(

Level 7
You completely ignored what I said before, didn't you? Movies, especially those based on video-games, need a good plot and a good script to be good. Why is it a bad idea for a Portal or Half-Life game? Sure, they have plots, but we have a problem-Gordon Freeman CANNOT SPEAK. We do not know what he SOUNDS LIKE, what he ACTS LIKE, and how he thinks. In addition, people might have done things differently than other people. For example, someone might have crashed a few times in Water Hazard or something like that, or got chased by the Combine in a Red Letter Day (before running through the apartments). People who didn't experience said examples may get disappointed. See my point?

Yes, yes. So all in all, gameplay could be a reasonable substiute for most of these games we know little about the characters, etc? (Someone said that, I was just checking)

Level 14
The entire of idea of a videogame being turned into a movie is flawed. The movie will never live up to the video game. The End.

Level 26
Dance Dance Revolution: The Movie.

Tom Hanks seeks to be the best dancer in all of Japan. To do so, he must master the sacred art of "4 Directions". He travels around the world to challenge the Kingdoms of North, South, East, and West to a dance competiton, seeking to overthrow the evil dancing gang known as the "Colored Arrows". Special guest appearance by the Village People.

No, wait...

Katamari Damacy, the movie.

A mysterious alien ball has terrorized the streets of Los Angeles. The LAPD is powerless, but one rogue cop, played by Tom Cruise, decides to fight against it. But now that the ball has literally snowballed into one of the world's most formidable nemeses, can he destroy it before it's too late?

Level 15
Dance Dance Revolution: The Movie.

Tom Hanks seeks to be the best dancer in all of Japan. To do so, he must master the sacred art of "4 Directions". He travels around the world to challenge the Kingdoms of North, South, East, and West to a dance competiton, seeking to overthrow the evil dancing gang known as the "Colored Arrows". Special guest appearance by the Village People.

No, wait...

Katamari Damacy, the movie.

A mysterious alien ball has terrorized the streets of Los Angeles. The LAPD is powerless, but one rogue cop, played by Tom Cruise, decides to fight against it. But now that the ball has literally snowballed into one of the world's most formidable nemeses, can he destroy it before it's too late?

Four letters that spell out four words: L.M.A.O. Period. (.)

Level 6
Why does everyone hate Uwe Boll again? It's like ever since he made that stupid Blood Rayne movie everyone wants him dead. Those movies did suck though... A Peter Jackson directed Halo movie would do well. Remember how good LoTR was? Two topics on one post! ITS A MIRACLE!

Level 34
Why would you want a Pong movie? Pong sucks. Grand Theft Auto movie anyone?
Joke much?

gta would probably be turned into a horrid movie by some terrible director, ruining a decent story. It would become another 'Shoot 'Em Up'.

Honestly I like movies that are either based off books no one knows of, or nothing at all. That way I can't compare it with anything.

Take Prince Caspian for example, a good movie on it's own, but it massacred the original story.

Level 26
It would become another 'Shoot 'Em Up'.
Don't ever...EVER compare ANYTHING to that horrible concoction they call a movie. Hitler himself should not have to endure the intellectual anguish that is someone using a carrot to pull the trigger of a gun, taking out several robbers by controlling where the bullets ricochet, or taking down 20 or so people by hoisting up machine guns to a bunch of strings. A part of me died while watching this movie. I think it occured when our main character was tossing and turning while skydiving to gun down all the enemies. I seriously contemplated suicide halfway through that movie.

Level 15
Video game movies (except for Mortal Kombat, that was imba) fail. Same with movies to video games. And the Eragon movie/game sucked, even though they were based off a book (that was GRRRRRREAT!). What is the conclusion? If you like a movie, watch the movie. If you like a video-game, play the damn video-game! Good-bye, end of story, see you later!

Level 36
Since this is off-topic already, lets set some shit straight about Eragon: The book was not "GRRRRRRRREAT". It was a piece of trash. I wipe my ass with Eragon. There are absolutely no original ideas presented in the novel. The plot, if you haven't noticed, follows that of Star Wars, beginning with A New Hope. This stupid kid wrote a hit book crafted from the ideas he ripped off of the greats before him, without bringing ANYTHING new or original to the table.

Christopher Paolini should be slapped and pissed on.

Level 26
I wipe my ass with Eragon.
Be merciful; use sand paper.

OMG I just read the script for the new Saw movie coming out!
Jigsaw said:
Hello Chell. I want to play a game. You have been spending the past few days without meaning, solving puzzles just to move on to the next. For what purpose? Today I will have you make a choice. In the box to the right is a familiar sight. It is the cake you've been pursuing for so long. To acquire it, all you need to do is press the button next to it. But it comes with a price. To your left is your precious companion cube suspended above a furnace. Once you press that button, the cube will fall to its fiery death. So what will it be, Chell? Will you murder the companion cube that has so faithfully aided you in your missions? Or will you let the cake you have worked so hard to reach rot in its cell? Be quick. The icing doesn't last forever.

Last edited:
Level 36
No, it's not a damned good book. Good books come up with original ideas and inventive plotlines, instead of following through the first freaking Star Wars movie.

And guess, what Eldest comes out: BAM "LUKE, I AM YOUR BROTHER!" The bad guy turns out to be a long lost relative. Oh, and the last remaining guy of his order must teach him, but he's not strong enough to fight himself *cough*FUCKING YODA*cough*

There's my Eragon rant. Don't give this bastard your money.

Level 5
Oh yes, Starcraft ALL THE WAY! i mean, all those movies of fantasy world are starting to cloud up all the movie choices, and we need a little futureistic here and there.

Level 34
Halo movie anyone?

Gaylo3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.