• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Which Video Game Should Become a Movie?

Which one?

• Halo

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Metroid

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Megaman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Devil May Cry

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Ninja Gaiden

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Diablo

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Unreal Tournament

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Starcraft

Votes: 21 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Halo = Made by Microsoft, no one should dare to direct it.
Metroid = Come on! The main character is a hot blonde chick, it'll be more a pin-up then a action movie!
Metal Gear Solid = Ninja movies.. good game though.
Megaman = It's goddamn drawn, there will be countless of dumb movies of it.
Devil May Cry = I see the computer effects already before me.
Ninja Gaiden = Not recommended for kids under 16.
Diablo = Maybe, good story and such.
Unreal Tournament = This has absolutly no story in it, sorry.
The Legend of Zelda = Not a chance.
Starcraft = Maybe, maybe not.

I pick Diablo :ugly:

No, seriuosly. Have you seen ONE good conversion between game and movie? Guess you didn't. There are even book -> movie failures, such as Eragon. And conversion between movie (or book) and game suck as well. LotR isn't really a great game, is it?
And besides, game movies? Cmon, you are not Uwe Boll. Watched Blood Rayne movie? I didn't myself, but I've heard it is horrible.
My answer is NONE.

Level 9
Cmon Tauren dotn be a hata playa rely on Blizzard they will make a good warcraft movie (i hope).

Level 4
Metal Gear is being made as we speak i think the release to the movie is in 2009 and i qoute Hideo Kojima's words about how would the movie look like :

"Metal gear is like my child and when your child starts to take his first steps in the world you don't leave him there, no you look after him and take care of him. and that is the way with Metal Gear as it is taking it's first steps into Hollywood." so tbh i think Metal Gear (they are thinking of calling it philanthropy) will be a very good movie specially when Christiane bale is going to star as snake (still not 100% confirmed)

Level 2
That Zelda movie is a well made fake. It's for April Fools! :p

Look at the date for release. April 1 2009.

lol someone noticed. :razz:

Yea I noticed that too which was why I said (apparently) but I figured it was a fake because of the April Fools fact.

Even if it is real I probably wouldn't go to see it because 1-Never played the Zelda game nor know anything about Zelda, and 2-This preview looks gay, and since previews usually consist of the best parts of a movie, they have nothing better to show, hence the movie is gay. (Assuming it's real).

Level 34
lol someone noticed. :razz:

Yea I noticed that too which was why I said (apparently) but I figured it was a fake because of the April Fools fact.

Even if it is real I probably wouldn't go to see it because 1-Never played the Zelda game nor know anything about Zelda, and 2-This preview looks gay, and since previews usually consist of the best parts of a movie, they have nothing better to show, hence the movie is gay. (Assuming it's real).

I found it fishy that the princess was a bit tóó hot and then I checked the date >.<

Zelda not makeable? Come on, Ocarina of Time is basically a movie in a game. But here's something: Games based on TV shows aren't good. Take the Lost one for an example. I love lost absolutely, and I didn't like the game very much - the storyline, yes, but the limit of action and everything, the shortness ...
BTW...
http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/746/746927p1.html
http://www.zeldamovie.co.uk/
http://digg.com/gaming_news/Full_Length_Zelda_Movie_Is_In_Development_
http://www.legendofzeldaseries.com/main.php?page=fanmovie.html
if that's not proof enough ... come on, just cause it's April 1st 2009? -_-

Level 7
I'm kinda stuck between three. Ever sense I played the 2 blizzard games I've wanted to see what it would be like in a movie. Starcraft and Diablo. Then I have one of my favorite games of all time Metal Gear Solid. Hmmm....Metal Gear probably has the best game play but Starcraft's got the storyline and Diablo's got the best choices. I don't know....I guess I'll pick...none of them so that my vote is equally balanced ;)

Level 36
None. Absolutely none. These are all classic game series', and I don't want any of them destroyed by the likes of Uwe Boll.

EVERY SINGLE GAME TURNED MOVIE HAS FAILED. UTTERLY FAILED.

Be it Doom, Resident Evil, ANYTHING, no matter WHAT game it is, the movie has always been craptastic beyond belief. Even Hitman totally sucked. There is only one exception, which is Halo, and I'll tell you why:

A Halo movie is already underway, anjd under normal circumstances, it would suck total ass. The reason it wont, is because Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) is directing. PJ has never made a bad movie. Ever. I can't see why, with all of the potential that Halo has, and all of the talent that PJ has, Halo could turn out bad.

Then again, this curse on movies-turned-games could prevail and wreck PJ's spotless career.

Level 7
None. Absolutely none. These are all classic game series', and I don't want any of them destroyed by the likes of Uwe Boll.

EVERY SINGLE GAME TURNED MOVIE HAS FAILED. UTTERLY FAILED.

Be it Doom, Resident Evil, ANYTHING, no matter WHAT game it is, the movie has always been craptastic beyond belief. Even Hitman totally sucked. There is only one exception, which is Halo, and I'll tell you why:

A Halo movie is already underway, anjd under normal circumstances, it would suck total ass. The reason it wont, is because Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings, King Kong) is directing. PJ has never made a bad movie. Ever. I can't see why, with all of the potential that Halo has, and all of the talent that PJ has, Halo could turn out bad.

Then again, this curse on movies-turned-games could prevail and wreck PJ's spotless career.

Quoted for near truth. All but the part on Peter jackson. I didn't like eather movie you mentioned ;\

Level 14
i voted starcraft because it's the most compelling story, and I love RTS games. Diablo wouldn't work because the heroes are too customizable.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Actually, the mario movie was ok, especially considering it was made somewhere between snes and norma nes. So after zelda, it will probably be the next movie as it is as valid now for a movie as zelda and it seems the next most likely move.

As for FF, I was refering of them actually making a movie of one of the games and not of something completly different. So far none of their games have become movies, instead all movies are eithor after the game, or some random storyline. FF7 would probably be the best for them to do (unlike that crappy future one) but to really display the storyline, probably 3 movies would be needed (1 for each disc).

But only time can tell what happens, but the legend of zelda movie certianly looks graphically cool, and that cant be denied.

Level 7
No, seriuosly. Have you seen ONE good conversion between game and movie? Guess you didn't. There are even book -> movie failures, such as Eragon. And conversion between movie (or book) and game suck as well. LotR isn't really a great game, is it?
And besides, game movies? Cmon, you are not Uwe Boll. Watched Blood Rayne movie? I didn't myself, but I've heard it is horrible.
My answer is NONE.

Do Pokemon Movies count?

Level 36
The governer of California would make a better Master Chief than Chuck Norris.
However it will probably be some middle age modern actor and involve a lot of swearing I think.

Ahnold is not Master Chief. Period.

Furthermore, this is PETER JACKSON. He's just a bit more fucking tasteful than that. The movie wont be your typical 'badass kicking ass' kind of movie, it will be epic, just like every other movie he makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.