1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Which race would you like to see become playable in WoW?

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by evilwart-dragon, Jul 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illadon

illadon

Resources:
    Resources:
    i wunt naga. nagas r soo cool n i would love to play nagas cuse they can swim!!

p.s. wut the hell is a drenai???

2. evilwart-dragon

evilwart-dragon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The Drenai are inhabitants of Draenor (Outland). When the Legion came to Draenor and corrupted the Orcs, most of the Drenai Clans were slaughtered. It wasn't until Illdian freed them of the demon keepers that they were fully liberated again. The Drenai have stealth skills that equal (surpass even) those of the night elves, with some drenai able to sustain Permanent Invisability (until they attack that is). They are allied with the Naga and Blood Elves, and technically you could say are allied with the Fel Orcs through the Naga\Blood Elves (Four allied races, hmmm another faction in WoW? Make it so Blizzard).

3. Daande

Daande

Resources:
    Resources:
    Drenai & Fel Orcs

The Drenai and Fel Orc are ancient rivals, and will not easily let down their guard in front of eachother. The Fel Orcs are forced to obey Illidan, but they would hardly actually ally with the Drenai. The Fel Orc race has over the centuries almost hunt the Drenai to extinction, and the Drenai are not probable to forgive them for this easily.

About Other Factions

No new playable races or factions will appear before the game is released. After the release, expansions or patches will come, where eventually, these elements may be entered into the game. No desicion has been taken as to what races/factions will be playable in the future.

4. illadon

illadon

Resources:
    Resources:
    k ths guys, but can anyone plz tell me wut happend after arthas attacked illidan in tft around the end there, u no, plz

5. Daande

Daande

Resources:
    Resources:
    Events after the Frozen Throne...

If you are interested in the events that came after the Frozen Throne, you should buy some Blizzard Warcraft novels and such.

If you're concerned about Illidan's safety, I can tell you that he survived though. He didn't die from Arthas attack, since the champion was weakened and focused on reaching the Lich King. After the confrontation with Arthas, Illidan retreated back to Outland.

6. illadon

illadon

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh yay :D thx, ur the best, illidan rocks and im soo glad he's still alive, i hope he comes back in one off the patches or expancions of wow. it would so great to do quests for him, i would probably stand there looking at him (no i am not gay, he's my FAV!!!!!! character) all day long.

p.s. do any off u now were i could read the wc novels on the internet without buiying or dl it? i must read them. and did any of u ppl notis in the blizz store that "the war of the anicients trilogy" only has one book, "the well of eternity". i thought a trilogy wus 3 books.lol And wears outland???

7. DeeDee

DeeDee

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would be just fine with two characters:

A Night Elven Druid
    and
    A Gnomish Mage

:D :D

8. jameslk

jameslk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Panda! Panda! Panderan Power!!
    The panderans of course.

9. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would love to play as a High Elf or Blood Elf. High Elves could be more warrior-like(Swordsmen, Archers, Rangers, etc) and Blood Elves could be excellent spellcasters(Spellbreakers, Blood Magi, etc). I think it would be cool if there was a third faction made up of Illidan's followers(Blood Elves, Naga, Dranei)...but I have read on Blizzards site that there will be alot of NPC's that are from a non-playable race...it's in the FAQ somewhere if anyone wants to read about it.

10. Ander1345

Ander1345

Resources:
    Resources:
    Daande, I read somewhere that Ogres aren't really dumb in Warcraft, they'd be a formidable race if they didn't fight with eachother all the time. Also, Nerubians would be near impossible to implement. Not just because they have 6 legs, because they'd actually be really big if scaled correctly. Fel Orcs would be pretty much the same as Orcs only red. I mean they have demon blood in them but in the game it only serves as a visual difference. High Elves and Blood Elves are NOT the same, Blood Elves are what is left of the High Elves, not THE High Elves. Speaking og High, they're rarely called that. At least I don't remember tham being called that that much. I remember Elves of Quel'Thalas. Naga would be fun, but they already have ingame shots of them on the World of Warcraft Game Site. They look more like monsters to kill. As far as Demons go, they only really exist on outland now, just like the Elves, mainstay of Naga, and Draenei. I suppose Blizz could make two different realms that you could teleport to. The only Naga/Elves left on the regular continents would probably be remnants of the Illidans/Kael's forces. There for they'd have a hard time coming up with a starting location. Especially since Elves are no longer aligned with humans. Pandarens would be fun, but they'd have to come up with a lot of details for them, and a stating location as well. Frankly, I'm just happy that the game looks and plays so good already(my friend has the beta)

*EDIT* Highborne, but not High Elves heh. For screenshot of Naga go here http://www.blizzard.com/wow/ScreenShot.aspx?ImageIndex=140&Set=0

11. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice screenshot. But about the differences of the Elves of Quel'thalas...only the Elves that followed Kael'thas were Blood Elves. You don't think ALL the Elves followed him do you? So there probably are still some High Elves. And I read somewhere that Draenor/Outland was being made into an accessible area so Illidan's forces could be based there...

12. Ander1345

Ander1345

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh that's interesting. Although it is true that not all of the elves followed Kael, they would all be devoured by their lust for magic after the Wells' collapse, thus becoming like the Blood Elves

13. evilwart-dragon

evilwart-dragon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Plus the fact that the humans tried to execute the whole elven race... any elves which didn't follow kael, well are most likely dead...

14. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    What about the elves that went to Kalimdor with Jaina?
    They would still be High Elven and they could draw power from the World Tree, so they would wouldn't be lusting for magic.

15. senor_psycho2000

senor_psycho2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    The high evles are gone and thats all you can really say. The World Tree is not a subsitute for the Sunwell. The high elves are gone, and even if another sunwell was found, would they want to come back? The dark flows of demonic magic may have corrupted their race. And who would ally with them? The humans who tried to kill their whole race? The Night Elves whom were the onces whom banished them long ago?

16. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any friends of the High Elves would be in the West or in the South. Theramore and Azeroth would probably still be friendly to the High Elves, and maybe even the Horde(they did ally at the Battle of Mount Hyjal). The Night Elves too would be their allies for the same reason as the Horde, but I doubt the Night Elves would let them live in Ashenvale. And not all the elves have been corrupted.(the elves that went with Jaina) So there probably are still High Elves. And about the World Tree, it contains much more power than the Sunwell, so they could draw from it. And if given a choice between demon powers and a new source of magic, they probably would choose the magic.(they went to Illidan because it was either him or death)

17. senor_psycho2000

senor_psycho2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    God damn it accept it that there are NO high elves! No sunwell means no flows of magic which mean they turned into Blood Elves! Show one piece of evidence that the elves haven't been corrupted? And why the fuck would the High Elves be able to take energy from the World Tree?! The NIGHT elves were given powers by the world tree (and they gave it up). Accept it man they are gone!

18. Ander1345

Ander1345

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, there wouldn't be any allies in Axeroth, I don't think Sylvanas would find them to be her friends. North, where north? What's north of Azeroth? A big blue expanse of ocean. Northrend wouldn't be a place for the lank and thin features of the Elves.

19. Lord Finarfin

Lord Finarfin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Calm down senor_psycho2000. You're thinking that the Blood Elves are a totally different race, but "Blood Elf" is just a different name for a "High Elf". And Why would Archimonde try to drain the World Tree if it didn't contain huge amounts of magic? And the Elves that went with Jaina could draw from it.(Which I've said about a million times now, if you actually read all of my posts. :roll: ) And if the World Tree doesn't give magic, then where would Demon Hunters draw their powers from? Oh and the one piece of evidence is the Elves in Kalimdor.(It's important to read all of what's written, when reading something.)

20. senor_psycho2000

senor_psycho2000

Resources:
    Resources:
    a) when did i once state that they were a comlpetely different race?
    b) who gives a damn about where 'Jaina's Elves'. Theramore Island is to far for the effects of the World Tree to work (the Night Elves recieved powers from it and eternal life, but they were bound to it). And the Demon Hunter's Drain their DEMONIC POWERS from the Legion like the blood elves. Why would the World Tree give out Demon magic? And and how do u know there are elves in kalimdor, have you played WoW?
    In Warcraft 3 sure, at the start of tft the Blood Elves are still ther, but how do u know they are still there, see no evidence. And the World Tree isnt the actual power the well of eternity is...

And the World Tree has no maigc powers, but life giving...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.