• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which race would you like to see become playable in WoW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Nice screenshot. But about the differences of the Elves of Quel'thalas...only the Elves that followed Kael'thas were Blood Elves. You don't think ALL the Elves followed him do you? So there probably are still some High Elves. And I read somewhere that Draenor/Outland was being made into an accessible area so Illidan's forces could be based there...

Level 3
Oh that's interesting. Although it is true that not all of the elves followed Kael, they would all be devoured by their lust for magic after the Wells' collapse, thus becoming like the Blood Elves

Level 11
What about the elves that went to Kalimdor with Jaina?
They would still be High Elven and they could draw power from the World Tree, so they would wouldn't be lusting for magic.

Level 2
The high evles are gone and thats all you can really say. The World Tree is not a subsitute for the Sunwell. The high elves are gone, and even if another sunwell was found, would they want to come back? The dark flows of demonic magic may have corrupted their race. And who would ally with them? The humans who tried to kill their whole race? The Night Elves whom were the onces whom banished them long ago?

Level 11
Any friends of the High Elves would be in the West or in the South. Theramore and Azeroth would probably still be friendly to the High Elves, and maybe even the Horde(they did ally at the Battle of Mount Hyjal). The Night Elves too would be their allies for the same reason as the Horde, but I doubt the Night Elves would let them live in Ashenvale. And not all the elves have been corrupted.(the elves that went with Jaina) So there probably are still High Elves. And about the World Tree, it contains much more power than the Sunwell, so they could draw from it. And if given a choice between demon powers and a new source of magic, they probably would choose the magic.(they went to Illidan because it was either him or death)

Level 2
God damn it accept it that there are NO high elves! No sunwell means no flows of magic which mean they turned into Blood Elves! Show one piece of evidence that the elves haven't been corrupted? And why the fuck would the High Elves be able to take energy from the World Tree?! The NIGHT elves were given powers by the world tree (and they gave it up). Accept it man they are gone!

Level 3
Well, there wouldn't be any allies in Axeroth, I don't think Sylvanas would find them to be her friends. North, where north? What's north of Azeroth? A big blue expanse of ocean. Northrend wouldn't be a place for the lank and thin features of the Elves.

Level 11
Calm down senor_psycho2000. You're thinking that the Blood Elves are a totally different race, but "Blood Elf" is just a different name for a "High Elf". And Why would Archimonde try to drain the World Tree if it didn't contain huge amounts of magic? And the Elves that went with Jaina could draw from it.(Which I've said about a million times now, if you actually read all of my posts. :roll: ) And if the World Tree doesn't give magic, then where would Demon Hunters draw their powers from? Oh and the one piece of evidence is the Elves in Kalimdor.(It's important to read all of what's written, when reading something.)

Level 2
a) when did i once state that they were a comlpetely different race?
b) who gives a damn about where 'Jaina's Elves'. Theramore Island is to far for the effects of the World Tree to work (the Night Elves recieved powers from it and eternal life, but they were bound to it). And the Demon Hunter's Drain their DEMONIC POWERS from the Legion like the blood elves. Why would the World Tree give out Demon magic? And and how do u know there are elves in kalimdor, have you played WoW?
In Warcraft 3 sure, at the start of tft the Blood Elves are still ther, but how do u know they are still there, see no evidence. And the World Tree isnt the actual power the well of eternity is...

The Legion had never ceased in its desire for the Well of Eternity, long the source of strength for the World Tree

And the World Tree has no maigc powers, but life giving...

The immense tree would be an everlasting symbol of the night elves' bond with nature, and its life-giving energies would extend out to heal the rest of the world over time.

Level 11
@ ander1345:??? You need to go reread my post I said nothing about the north. And why are you talking about Sylvanas? I'm talking about Elves not the Undead.

@ senor_psycho2000: a)"God damn it accept it that there are NO high elves! No sunwell means no flows of magic which mean they turned into Blood Elves!" That's were you said they were different.
b) "who gives a damn about 'Jaina's Elves'" They're elves too you know. :roll: "And and how do u know there are elves in kalimdor, have you played WoW?" Go replay WC3(NOT TFT) You can see them in the Orc and Night Elf campaigns. And no, I have not played WOW, but it's not WC4, just a mmorpg so it doesn't take WC4's place. "And the World Tree isnt the actual power the well of eternity is..." Then the elves could draw power from it, and not the World Tree. But this is just getting way off topic. If any one want's to keep arguing with me, then PM me. I wont be posting here anymore.

Level 6
Yes I would like to see Pandas to.

But races such as these:

Blood Elf: They are allied with Illidan and the Nagas, it's impossiple to let them get allied with the alliance since they have a huge hatred against the alliance and the the Blood Elfs wouldnt dream of being allied with the horde, same reason as the alliance, they have a hatred against them to, since the Undead Scourge destroyed their homeland when they were High Elfs.

Goblins: They are neutral, they allied themselfs with the orcs long time ago and then they got torned apart after the war against the humans, they got neutral and they are now on their own. T_T they wont be playable by blizzard and the have stated that themselfs(I have read that on the battlenet forums)

Dranei: They are allied with the ''outlanders'' which is Illidans Naga, Blood Elfs, Dranei and Fel Orcs which have been released after the corruption by Archimondes Burning Legion.

Dranei, Blood Elf, Naga and Fel Orcs wouldnt have a chance to be a playable race in WoW, cause that would ruin the whole story of Warcraft, and it will also have no meaning.

Hamsters: Could be a possibility :lol: :lol: :lol:

:arrow:

Lokthar Logar Warriors~

Level 11
I still think it would be cool if Illidan's followers were a third faction.(not allied with Alliance or Horde)But I'm not gonna go on another rant about it.(if anyone has an insane desire to read my rant, then look on the other pages of this thread)

And now that Blizzard has released another Goblin hero I think it could be fun to be a goblin alchemist(mage? warlock? evil bunny rabbit? :lol: ) in WOW.

Now who's with me for forcing Blizzard to put in more playable race? :lol: j/k

Level 1
well.....the idea about a third faction isnt too bad,but on the other hand the pvp-system wud be completely like the one in daoc then
I for myself wud like to play nagas or high-/blood-elves in an addon

Level 2
A thrid faction would rock, but it would be hard to implicate... of course blizzard could do anything. If they wanted to they could create a story which put the Pandarens on the Alliance and the Ogre's on the Horde... so rule out nothing for the expansion!

Dranei, Blood Elf, Naga and Fel Orcs wouldnt have a chance to be a playable race in WoW, cause that would ruin the whole story of Warcraft, and it will also have no meaning.

And a meaning could come out of this... for example Illidan is given one more chance and has sent his forces to train up... its possible if u wish it hard enough...

Level 11
A thrid faction would rock, but it would be hard to implicate... of course blizzard could do anything. If they wanted to they could create a story which put the Pandarens on the Alliance and the Ogre's on the Horde... so rule out nothing for the expansion!

Quote:

And a meaning could come out of this... for example Illidan is given one more chance and has sent his forces to train up... its possible if u wish it hard enough...

*starts wishing*

Level 13
Must have Elves! They could live in Outland and fight against Arthas, and Kil'jaden. Mounts include; Dragonhawk, and an Elemental Horse. Can wield Swords, Bows (DuH), Staves, wands, and Daggers. Professions are; Enchanting, Mining, Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, and Alchemy. Armor; Magic Platemail, chainmail, leather, cloth, and "Summonable Armor" like magily created armor. Classes; Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Mage\Warrior Hybrid. Major NPCs; Kael, Lady Vashj, Illidan, and Kael's Lieutenets.

Level 2
I made a little stat sheet up for the Nerubians, so here it is:

Possible Starting City: Still thinking this over. Azjol Nerub is out of the question :p. A major outpost prehaps?

Classes:
Hunter
Warrior
Seer (Cross between a Shaman and a Priest)
Warlock
Rogue

Professions:
Blacksmithing
Leather Working
Mining (they do live underground after all)
Tailoring
Alchemy

Usable Weapons:
Claws (duh)
Daggers
Swords (Short, Long, Broad and Two Handed)
Halbreds
Spears
Staves
Swarms (Sorta like what the Crypt Fiends attack with. makes up for not being able to use bows :p)

Armor Types:
Silk (Nerubian version of cloth.)
Leather
Chain Mail
Chitinious (Nerubian version of plate, slightly less durable, but weighs less)

No mounts for obvious reasons :p.

Level 6
Blizzard has stated themself that they WONT put more races or new classes in the game! But they said that they maybe add races and classes in the future for some upcoming patches (I have seen a small movie over the net about their interview(I wont give link)).

Level 2
Hehe, don't forget though: Nerubians are spiders, and spiders have agility and poison, the two main components of any rogue.

Level 6
id like to make the scourge playable into the expansion of World of Warcraft, though i also like pandaren, but i think pandaren look a little to childish, i just cant think of a panda wearing for example the arcane set :S

i think scourge is cool cause then the start location is in northrend since the plaguelands have a too high creep level up there, i have it all in my mind... yeah with a raid into mount glacier :D ore a raid against those frost wyrms and that leader of theirs (forgot what his name was!!)

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

;) :)

Level 12
Nazghul_Master said:
id like to make the scourge playable into the expansion of World of Warcraft, though i also like pandaren, but i think pandaren look a little to childish, i just cant think of a panda wearing for example the arcane set :S

i think scourge is cool cause then the start location is in northrend since the plaguelands have a too high creep level up there, i have it all in my mind... yeah with a raid into mount glacier :D ore a raid against those frost wyrms and that leader of theirs (forgot what his name was!!)

thanks,
Nazghul_Master

;) :)

And what exactly are you going to play as? An armored ghoul? A skeleton? I don't think you expand your ideas on how it should be playable well.

And looking lorewise, the Scourge is mindless. Why in the world would they have a free mind. That would be a Forsaken. Oh wait, Cult of the Damned? Again, it still doesn't persist on how the game will ever be played.

Level 2
Teh stealthy Draenei's would be uber...

Racial Skill :
Permanent Wind Walk : Draenei's are permanently invisible and do 150 bonus damage for every initial attack from invisiblity...

Lol...

Level 12
Romethesislo said:
Teh stealthy Draenei's would be uber...

Racial Skill :
Permanent Wind Walk : Draenei's are permanently invisible and do 150 bonus damage for every initial attack from invisiblity...

Lol...

150 bonus damage is too overpowered. That's like a rogue's stealth+ambush combo at a high rank.

Level 11
It was mentioned in the Gamespy article that their name is Sin'dorei, and it's supposedly mentioned in some of the quests that were available at Blizzcon. Plus it has a nice ring to it IMO.

Level 5
Nerubians would not be a good race in WoW...

a.) they can't wear amors, pants, helmets
b.) does it make sense that nerubians can hold swords?..they have no hands..only legs..claws..
c.)How can gigantic spiders (undead..in WoW..only Forsaken) be allied with the horde or even the alliance...

Naga Would be a good race..

a.) they have NO legs, but they can put something instead, such as plate...
b.) can swim further and can attack IN water..
c.) be with the alliace...

Night Elves/Naga Xpasion
Celeste

Level 25
Naga with the Alliance...

Did you even PLAY WC3 TFT?

Humans HATE naga. Night Elves HATE naga. EVERYONE HATES NAGA EXCEPT BLOOD ELVES, DRAENEI AND ILLIDAN

Hence, why I AM ENRAGED WITH BLOOD ELVES BEING ON THE HORDE

But that's just me

And for the last time, the Nerubians HATE the Scourge

And Nerubians can hold swords. Very easily. They don't have opposable thumbs, but their two claws are very deft

EDIT: A glorious quote from the Loremaster Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas said:
Naga... in Alliance... I... no wait, nevermind. I shouldn't need to explain why that is just so completely implausible.

Level 25
Even if they weren't, there was still this GLORIOUS event from the Second War when the orcs burnt down Quel'Thalas

Yeah. I doubt the elves were happy about that

At that, so what if they weren't the Blood Elves from TFT? The fact that they're Blood Elves and not High Elves means that they are grouped with Kael's group. Which means that they support his decisions. Which means they hate the Horde and like Illidan

Otherwise, they would be some crazy offshoot of high elf who no one likes

Level 11
Kael'thas's Followers and the Blood Elves of Quel'thalas are two entirely different groups. The Followers of Kael'thas acitvely use demonic magiks and are becoming corrupted by it. The Quel'thalassians are comparable to the Ancients of Shen'dralar in that they hold demons captive and siphon what they need to survive. The denizens of the Realm Eternal apparently are highly displeased with the fact that Kael'thas sold his people to Illidan and has practically given himself over to corruption, otherwise he wouldn't be a raid boss.

As for their relations with the Horde, who says you have to like someone to be allied with them? They're with the Horde for their own benefit, I imagine they hold no true loyalty to Thrall in the same fashion as Sylvannas, though they may not be actively trying to kill everything.

And how do you know they support Illidan?

Level 4
I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!

Make a new faction!

The Horde:
ORCS
TROLLS
UNDEAD
TAUREN

The Alliance:
HUMANS
GNOMES
DWARVES
NIGHT ELVES

Illidan's Forces:
BLOOD ELVES
NAGA
NERUBIAN (Illidan must have met them on his way to the Frozen Throne. His soul mission is to destroy the Lich King. If the Nerubian's learnt this, they'de be like "Great! Semi-demon ally!")
OUTLAND DEMONS (By killing Magtheradon, Illidan is the new king of Outland and all of Magtheridon's underlings now belong to him)

My appologies if I'm reviving an old thread...Mecheon gets a bit ratty about that -.-

Level 25
... This is a 10 months old revival...

You DO KNOW ITS AGAINST SITE RULES TO REVIVE OLD THREADS, RIGHT?

Anywho, I doubt the Nerubians would have allied with Illidan, and "demons" aren't a single race, they're a multitude of races

In all honesty, best things for an Illidan faction would be Blood Elves, Naga, Satyrs and Draenei. Lost Ones/Broken style Draenei, not Blue Ereder style

Status
Not open for further replies.