• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which one of these consoles are your favorite?

PS3. WII, or XBOX360?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Wasn't PS3 always marketed as a console for adults?

Wasn't it?

SOCOM 1/2 were decent but still the newer ones are just COD clones in 3rd person.

And I'm not saying COD itself is good, I in fact don't like COD at all, except Nazi Zombies, I play Battlefield instead

And Savage Moon is a TD

Level 17
Wasn't PS3 always marketed as a console for adults?

Wasn't it?

SOCOM 1/2 were decent but still the newer ones are just COD clones in 3rd person.

And I'm not saying COD itself is good, I in fact don't like COD at all, except Nazi Zombies, I play Battlefield instead

And Savage Moon is a TD

Anything can change my friend.

A PS3 can change which kinds of people will like this console.

SOCOM is a TPS. PERIOD. No need to explain why it's a COD clone... Seriously... It was modern warfare a long time ago...

I know Savage Moon is a TD, but you're treating everything PS3 related a copy cat. There are a lot of things that you can accuse a copy cat.

Level 17
I)eadnerzhul is right, Half life is infinitely deeper than Halo in most ways. Including gameplay, storyline, characters, environment, you name it. It requires a level of thought deeper than that of Halo.

The story is deep and believable, the characters are emotional and likeable, the weapons are varied and unique, the gameplay is fun and inventive. Flaming zombines anyone? Each part of the game feels perfectly placed and different, for the most part.

Half-Life 2 is such an epic landmark of a game that if Halo tried to copy it then it failed. Hard. If Episode 3 comes out as an Xbox-exclusive then I will buy one for it.

Level 15
I)eadnerzhul is right, Half life is infinitely deeper than Halo in most ways. Including gameplay, storyline, characters, environment, you name it. It requires a level of thought deeper than that of Halo.
But don't get me wrong, the story in Halo is still pretty good. As a fledgling writer I should know, right?

Level 17
It was, but there were parts where I was like "Really?". I think they could have done a lot more with it. The new Halo, can't remember the name, looks pretty interesting.

Level 34
Halo's story is so horribly overrated. I wouldn't care normally, but the fact that it seems to be touted as something impressive, it bugs me.

At least games like Gears of War know their stories suck. Although number two seems to have tried to change that. Silly producers.

Level 15
Try replaying them over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and then you shall see the crappiness of the Wii

Level 17
Halo's story is so horribly overrated. I wouldn't care normally, but the fact that it seems to be touted as something impressive, it bugs me.

At least games like Gears of War know their stories suck. Although number two seems to have tried to change that. Silly producers.

x10000000

seriously.

Oh and I have some respekt for the Wii just because of the Super Smash Brawl game. It is just one game that makes me want to buy that console.

Level 34
Why bother, when you can pick up a gamecube and melee for the same price? You get a better system, and a better game! : )

Level 15
Good point, Cubey also has Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Mario Party 4, F-Zero GX, Pikmen, Super Monkey Ball, Kirby Air Ride, Mario Kart Double Dash, The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition, and Zoids: Battle Legends (low-key but realllllllly good)

Level 15
Because everything about Brawl is superior. Graphics are improved, gameplay is refined, much, MUCH bigger character roster, fully functional online multiplayer, many new stages...

Brawl is a far superior game, with good reason: it's a sequel to Melee.

Level 34
Brawl's gameplay just isn't as fun as Melee's. I can't quite nail it down, but for some reason, I just don't enjoy playing brawl that much. The Character roster, and stages are a moot point when I'm not having fun.

I'm still waiting for Melee 2.

Oh, and I'd like to point out that from what I heard, the online sucks due to horrid lag. That was back when it came out, so I'm not sure about now.

Level 26
Brawl's gameplay just isn't as fun as Melee's. I can't quite nail it down, but for some reason, I just don't enjoy playing brawl that much. The Character roster, and stages are a moot point when I'm not having fun.
That's probably because it's the same fucking game give or take a few changes. Playing Melee was revolutionary, but if you've played it already, there's nothing special about Brawl.

Level 26
The only way you'd say that is if you haven't actually played Brawl. It's a hella lot of mindless, violent fun.
I've played it. It didn't take long to realize I was playing melee with final smashes and a shitty adventure mode.

Of course Brawl is fun. But games that you've already played before just aren't as fun as they are when you first play them.

Level 15
But games that you've already played before just aren't as fun as they are when you first play them.
The Halo series and Gears of War games are essentially the "same game twice" with some minor additions, but are they boring to play? For me, they are definitely fun. Playing Halo and Gears never gets old, and neither does Brawl.

Level 34
I've played it. It didn't take long to realize I was playing melee with final smashes and a shitty adventure mode.

Of course Brawl is fun. But games that you've already played before just aren't as fun as they are when you first play them.
But I actually have fun playing melee still. I'd say they changed the game a fair bit.

Level 26
The Halo series and Gears of War games are essentially the "same game twice" with some minor additions, but are they boring to play? For me, they are definitely fun. Playing Halo and Gears never gets old, and neither does Brawl.
But not as fun is what I'm getting at. And shooters, with the exception of Deus Ex, Portal, and perhaps CoD, are all pretty samey to me. They're all great fun, but nothing revolutionary. Like fighters, if you've played one, you could probably go a decade without experiencing anything new.

Level 12
im strong and what not.....cause i play heaps of console games but i would have to say...... probaly not but i am..... good at long distance running, XBOX, PC, Changing channel with the remote, bike and scooter riding, eating mcdonalds*is now a new olympic sport*, high jump, javelin, and a few others..... im not very fit..... i think? what do you think?

Level 2
Nintendo GameCube [X]
Nintendo Wii [X]
Nintendo DS [X]
PlayStation 2 []
PlayStation 3 []
PlayStationPortable (PSP) []
XBox []
XBox360 [X]
Other (PC, Dreamcast, N64) [X]

Level 2
I would go for Xbox360 because my friend who is 2 houses down the neighborhood has it and I got myself a Wii. Honestly Xbox is now the winning , Wii is becoming a dissapointment with their new games

Status
Not open for further replies.