• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

where have all the good people gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its me. many of you know me as Pyramidhe@d or as "that SOB who makes retardedly high poly count models with mostly crabby textures" or both.

well i am a modeler (of sort) and i sometimes search around the model section and such so i could see and comment on peoples work. why? cos i am bored. but thats not the point here.

ages ago it seems, i have seen T-Revellion-T's awesome model Hand of Thor. I looked at it and i gotta say its awesome. and it also says its "highly recommended" in the mod rating. so trust me. it is AWESOME

sometime later i found him to be banned. i didnt go on hive much and i found the news as a complete surprise. an old news to you guys is a new news to me. but seriously. WTF. how the hell did he get banned?

i found T-Revellion-T of Project Armageddon, a WC project which i also joined. (dont ask how its going).
anyways, from what i am hearing, he got banned pretty unfairly. but he no longer feels angry about it. no grudge against the hive nor the ban. if it was me, i would want heads rolling (while i am lol-ing preferably)

all he wants to do is come back to hive. he has had no previous warning nor minor banning only this massive permenent banning. i personnally find him, through chat, to be a nice and polite guy (even with the crappy progress we are making) and cant find a single reason on why he would get permenently banned becaus of just one occasion. whatever happend before is what happened then and it is quite useless to permenently ban him for one single occasion when it is clear he does not deserve to be banned
i would very much like him to once again be an active member of hive again and make those great models that he makes.

this is a public post of appeal to bring T-Revellion-T back and i would hope anyone that agrees to express their opninions. if you have noticed anyone banned outright (i know some people) and you would like them to come back, it would be nice to have that opinion as well and maybe achieve some good out of this

Level 34
Some people got lives, unfortunatly I got one myself. Life keeps people busy and life becomes even worse if you combine it with school. But life is probally not the case here.

The thing is, that probally some of those 'good' people you talked about aren't really 'good' people. For example er.. Frost? Started as a good guy, made comics, was nice but turned out to be a real asshole. And assholiness is rather unwanted here on this site. Assholes remain assholes and assholes will always want to ass the place up, until a certain guy comes by and banhammadars him.

But about Revellion, I hardly saw him, spoke to him but he was quite a nice guy. That's it..

Level 35
I know General Frank well enough (atleast I think so) and he does not get angry very easily, unless you have stolen something, or attacked him, I assume he was attacked.

However, General Frank is also quite forgiving and jovial, and all that it takes to patch things up (usually) is a simple apology, or at the very least an offering of mutual peace.

T-Revellion-T would be welcome to post in Admin Contact, or perhaps if he cannot, use you as a liaison, but it is important that there be at the least a mutual offering of peace, or an apology if indeed he was banned for reasons of assaultive behaviour.

Level 34
You may see his models awesome, but certain awesome people think that it should quit modeling xd (it wasn't me :Đ)

But why banned I have no idea. I saw many people banned for no apparent reason.

That rings a bell; what about the Big Accidental Ban from '08 that caused many people to get banned?

Level 31
I only spoke to the guy once. He seemed fine. Atleast, when you ban someone, tell us why? It is kind of hard to think that a ban was 'fair' when we have no idea what went down. I know GF. He is a good guy. He has a bit of a temper, but I see nothing wrong with that, being as how he can control it. But, could we at least get some sort of notification as to what happened? I have never been banned (because I am a newb) so I don't know what happens. Maybe we should have a forum for "the Banned" where they can plead they're case. But, only in that forum. Heck, I don't know.

Level 31
he got into an argument with General Frank about why General Frank had banned Debode. Revellion believes that this was the reason behind the banning

If he was being rude to general frank via private messaging, I do not see the reason of him being unbanned.

I know General Frank well enough (atleast I think so) and he does not get angry very easily, unless you have stolen something, or attacked him, I assume he was attacked.

However, General Frank is also quite forgiving and jovial, and all that it takes to patch things up (usually) is a simple apology, or at the very least an offering of mutual peace.

Exactly, I know how he does his work and I do not seen any reason of why he would be banning somebody ass without any valid reason. Infact, most of the user I have seen he banned was usually rotten.

Some of them act nice infront of you, but at private messaging they can be a complete XXX XXXX.

Level 15
why not making another account?

I trust that he can be banned for nothing (mod system on this site sux anyway), but it will not kill him to make another acc

Doesn't anyone ever read the rules anymore? Making multiple accounts is strictly against the site rules. I doubt it would make him look very good if he made a new account because his other one got banned. He would kind of deserve the ban once he makes the new account anyway.

I mean, come on, is it that hard to click on that little link between the Tutorials and Forums link, and read a page? I find myself reading the rules whenever i'm bored, just in case there was a change that we werent informed of (no joke, i really do).

I'm not against bringing him back, but i just had to say that.

But this is one of those cases where it was a normal everyday member against a mod, and since forums are run as a dictatorship, the member lost. Don't say, "Well then we should try to make it more like a democratic type system" because that would not work at all. Period. There's no sense even trying.

It's for this reason that i think that he should not be instantly unbanned, but rather, the ban should be reviewed. As we still have to take into consideration that there was a rule broken, and that there must have been a reason for the ban. We can't expect to make an exception for one member, we have to remember that there are rules (even though no one seems to read them anymore), and punishments for breaking those rules. You can't unban someone just because someone else thinks they're a good person.

Level 9
I'm not honestly for bringing Rev back anymore. On a project forum he has been spamming, arguing, and showing his complete ignorance to people. Specifically he has been pissing off anarchianbedlam, which in my book is kind of a feet to do unless you honestly deserve it. I've read the chat logs over there and was appalled by the way rev was acting. Insulting him, arguing with him, and being down right ignorant to everything around him. He posts about the forum not paying attention to anything other than his personal thoughts and acts like he's got his head up his ass for lack of a better term.

I honestly don't see the need for him to return and act out in the fashion that he has been over there. Maybe if he straightened up a bit maybe but otherwise no, I believe he should stay banned for sanity's sake.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Meh, I don't know him well enough to have an opinion. His contributions will be sorely missed, though.

However, I am in agreeance that it seems many great users have been perma-banned lately... Whether for good reasons or not, I don't know. Just saying.

Level 17
Hmmm, it seems to me many people are getting banned without reason being given publicly. I understand that the ones doing the banning have their own private reasons. But this is a community. And as such each member is a part of said community. So I believe that it is only right that there should be someplace that gives the time, length, and reason for each and every ban. I am sure that this may also supress many heated debates about the subject.

I think there should also be a place in Admin Contact where a poll can be set as to ascertain whether a certain user should be allowed back. As I mentioned this is a community site so why should we not have an active role in the fate of our fellow hivers? I understand the risks of random or multi-account users spamming the polls to gain favor for their choice. So each vote should have a clear and consice reasons as to why said user should be allowed back on.

I think there should also be a place in Admin Contact where a poll can be set as to ascertain whether a certain user should be allowed back. As I mentioned this is a community site so why should we not have an active role in the fate of our fellow hivers? I understand the risks of random or multi-account users spamming the polls to gain favor for their choice. So each vote should have a clear and consice reasons as to why said user should be allowed back on.

Because the hive is not a democracy.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
No poll.

However, shouldn't it be like 2 or 3 admin/mods in, like, a mini-council over this kind of thing (because perma-banning is somewhat serious). I mean, "by the mouths of two or three witnesses shall the word go forth".

i.e. Unless it's very serious/obvious (ex: "hai guys! here are all my models, ripped straight from WoW" or "here's a link to a site for free CD-cracks"), it seems like it shouldn't ever be just one admin/mod making that decision; I think we all can agree we've done things we regretted in moments of anger. Regardless of whether we're normally angered people.

So if a user does something out of line, a mod/admin (instead of just insta-banning, regardless of public reasons) would contact another mod/admin and have them look at the situation. Then, if it was deemed "ban-worthy", a ban would ensue.

Level 17
And if both those mods are in equally angered moods? I have seen entire chat rooms full of mods simply explode in anger. Most are not cold and rational creatures as they should be when it comes to these kinds of decisions. Emotions should never guide them in certain situations, yet they let it envelop and control them. I am not saying that every or even most mods are this way, but this is the reality, whether you choose to accept it or not is up to you. I honestly doubt that anything will change about how mods go about doing what they do. And why should it. The site is still here and is not overrun with hackers and other undesirables.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
leet said:
And if both those mods are in equally angered moods?
Umm... Pick one that isn't? :p I mean, there are a few. Just find one that is the most "neutral 3rd party" in a given situation (i.e. if it's a modelling problem, find a coder, or vice versa. Someone not related to either the situation or the user-in-question, ideally).

leet said:
I honestly doubt that anything will change about how mods go about doing what they do.
I don't know if it will, nor do I really care. I was just suggesting something I think will make things better.

For things like blatant site rule breaches (such as posting wow models etc) those usually don't require much judgement. Negrep the user and delete the thread. Infract them if they do it again.

Mind you, any time a user is infracted vB makes a thread about it in the infractions forum (which only us staff can see). We then usually argue and yell at each other debate over it if other moderators think it was unfair, etc.

Level 36
Bring back revellion, HT, frostwhisper, HINDY, WILL and all the others, I say. But that won't happen.

Mind you, any time a user is infracted vB makes a thread about it in the infractions forum (which only us staff can see). We then usually argue and yell at each other debate over it if other moderators think it was unfair, etc

No we don't. You fucking perma-ban the person and then we shout at you for how much of a moron you were being. The problem isn't the debating AFTER the decision, it's the bloody decision itself.

Level 36
You are saying that the good people are the one who have been here for the longest? Doesn't necessarily have to be true.

No, but I'm saying that all of the coolest people to ever use this website were here a long time ago, because they were here for WH40K TD, not for anything else.

We've had a ton of cool people come and go since, but they were always the best.

Level 17
We shall see what will happen with SC2, if the hive embraces as they have warcraft, then we might see a brand new wave of people with amazing hidden talents.

Status
Not open for further replies.