• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Where can I learn to animate using Milkshape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Well. You shouldn't rig the model like that. You should only select the verticles and attach them to the joints (=bones), not the whole groups. The mesh itself is made out of pure shit too. Besides, the outcome looks bad. You should practice on simple things first. My first home animated model was a living sword. It only needed one joint (=bone).

Level 13
Well. You shouldn't rig the model like that. You should only select the verticles and attach them to the joints (=bones), not the whole groups. The mesh itself is made out of pure shit too. Besides, the outcome looks bad. You should practice on simple things first. My first home animated model was a living sword. It only needed one joint (=bone).

Oh thx, that helped alot. But now I've made the animation in ms and it displays properly in ms when moving the anim thing. But how do I make it display in-game (I got magos)? I mean, the animation doesnt even exist in magos.

Level 30
You'll have to reanimate it (not rerig)...
Delete all keyframes and run zero joints under tools section, then you can start animating again. When you're done, you go to "comment" and write down
Code:
Stand,1-100
Stand - 2,110-200
Stand - 3,210-300
something similar.

"Stand" should be whatever you want to name your animation.
Then "," without any spaces!
then "1-100" representing the first and last keyframe of the animation. No spaces! Don't forget to put 10 frames between the animations, else it'll fuck up. Then just export (don't forget to turn off the animation mode, if you don't do this, it'll fuck up)

Level 13
You'll have to reanimate it (not rerig)...
Delete all keyframes and run zero joints under tools section, then you can start animating again. When you're done, you go to "comment" and write down
Code:
Stand,1-100
Stand - 2,110-200
Stand - 3,210-300
something similar.

"Stand" should be whatever you want to name your animation.
Then "," without any spaces!
then "1-100" representing the first and last keyframe of the animation. No spaces! Don't forget to put 10 frames between the animations, else it'll fuck up. Then just export (don't forget to turn off the animation mode, if you don't do this, it'll fuck up)

Great thanks to you devine! Now I'm all set to begin animating :D
EDIT: last questio, how di I speed up/slow down the animation using magos?

Level 30
I think you've got keyframes confused with "frames"
Keyframes do take more space but regular frames.
If your animation lasts from 1-200 and has 5 keyframes, it'll have the same filesize as when it lasts from 1-1000 when still having the same amount of keyframes.
A keyframe is a frame in which a bone's position is set (the ctrl+k thing)

Level 13
I think you've got keyframes confused with "frames"
Keyframes do take more space but regular frames.
If your animation lasts from 1-200 and has 5 keyframes, it'll have the same filesize as when it lasts from 1-1000 when still having the same amount of keyframes.
A keyframe is a frame in which a bone's position is set (the ctrl+k thing)

Oh yeah I meant frames.

Level 23
Well, I made an animation tutorial, and I tried to be as straightforward as posible, listing every step of the process. So, I hope it helps you. :)

Despite the milkshape haters, milkshape can be great for some things, due to its easy-to-navigate User Interface, unlike Blender, which is a mess. (Still can't figure out how to rig in Blender D:) But, it is lacking in some features like smoothing, and is not the most recommended for epic-poly projects. But it is absolutely great for learning the basics of modeling. :D

Well. If you want to learn how to use certain application for animation is very different from learning how to animate. The best way to learn animation is to learn it in 2d first. Or at least have an idea how things work in 2d.

some very great learning books about animation by best of the best animators in the world:

21m8a9t.jpg

Here some google search for you about milkshape anim:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~abyrne/Models/model9/tutorials_tut09.htm

video tutorials:
http://www.google.com/#hl=ru&q=milk...d:1&source=og&sa=N&tab=wv&fp=167eddfc64669ba7

Status
Not open for further replies.