• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Animating/Mesh making help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Hello guys :)

I work with milkshape a long time now, though, I still don't know how to animate, export animations etc. / make a mesh using the extrude tool.

Ok, for the first: If there's anyone here (with enough patience :p) that can teach me how to animate in milkshape, I would be really glad :) +rep and all my thankfullnes will be given to you :) I already know some (very few basics) with the frames, but not really much :/ Thanks in advance :)

And the second: I once saw, a tutorial by DonDustin, that explained how to make a mesh in milkshape with teh extruding tool, but I can't find it anymore. I tried myself with the extrude tool, but somehow, for me it works like the move tool D: If anyone can link me the tutorial, or can tell me how to do it properbly, I would really apprecicate that :) always modelling in milkshape like the tutorial from Happytauren for attachments is quite. . . you know :/
+rep ofc also :)

Thanks in advance :)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I don't know if this will help but heres my quick anim tips for milkshape that I use when animating.

Before animating click Zero Joints.
10 frames=around 1 second
Leave 10 frames between animation's
When making key-frames (ctrl+k) select all joints before pressing the keys
When an animation is finished go to frame 1 copy it and then go to the last keyframe
of your animation and paste it.

Stand,1-2
Death,3-4
Attack,5-6
Walk,7-8

Linear

You half to leave 10 frames from the last frame of your animation to the first frame of the next animation so the animation dosen't get messed up.

The part that says stand, attack, walk, etc... should be CnP'd into the model's comment. Replace number 1-2, 3-4,4-5, etc... with the first number of that animation and the last number of the animation. (The empty 10 frames count as part of the animation.)

The word "Linear" at the bottom should be CnP'd into the comment of every joint.

Level 12
here put this together quickly for you, hope it helps:

2gvr2qc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.