• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

When shall be the end of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hive is consists of many intellectuals. Many of us here live in different ways and and ideals and still many might not believe that there is the end of the world.

What can you say about the end of the world? Is it true according to your belief? If it is true to your belief, what is the evidence that the world will end?

I have mine, please read http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+24&version=NIV

Last edited:
Level 11
Here is my belief look at the fucked world around you man the end is defenitly nigh.

It may not be Jesus taking the good to heaven (which would be proballly 0.05% of our human race)

It may not be Mayan Prophecy

But it is here, look at the earth qauke activities they sky-roketed in the last year so has the volcanoes, I like the artical of Mordor Urrupting, anyway.

Its here you cant do shit to help it. JustAccept it is what I say, But thats me.
I hope this helped you in a way.

Level 3
Hive is consists of many intellectuals.

lol
----

Unfortunately, nothing significant will happen not made by humans. No cataclysm, no Nibiru, no Earth poles shift, no outer space object until fall 2013 at least., no solar flares heating up the Earth.

Not even counsciosness uprising, going in other dimensions, no 3 day darkness.

All that could happen is if someone decided something to happen on that day from humans. And I think what may be happening is someone starting a plan or bringing a plan into a action as of this date or next year.

Level 11
Yeah Nigh in earth years is like 100 years but I am talking about next year or the one after that, not later like 2020 or 2015 or shit, but man you have to open your eyes to the world riots american bankruptcy, so if your an american flee to somewhere not affected. And just a bit of a fact The Fukushima Nuclear powere plant has enough nuclear power to destroy half of the planet, just thought you might want to know. You know, because the world might end any second when a japinese idiot touches the shit, and thengets cancer and then dies but you get the point.

Level 11
Vicodin, no no wait thats cocain, no....Meth mabey I dont know and I am taking it!

and Squiggy I dont belive in jesus but there is a god A GOD! It doesnt have to be the bible god but there is a god. So stick that idea of the big bang where the sun dont shine.
And I never said 21st dec. never belived of it but we will see in 8 days

We're talking about "At World's Ends".
And I would like to quote from the bible (for Christians, because I am a Christian)
theBible said:
36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

Bad things are going to happen on the 21st of December.

To be specific, lots of people are going to spend tons of money and make very large bank loans thinking it's the end of the world and that they wouldn't have to pay the money back.
Others will commit suicide.

Also, please do not discuss religion.
Such topics should be left for Medivh's Tower.

Even then, I don't know if it's acceptable.

Level 29
I am a Christian...I believe in God, the Father, Jesus, the Son...as for your question about the end of the world, I believe it will going to end, the only problem is we dont know when coz it will come like a thief or sudden, it maybe the next second or in Dec 21 or the next 4 million years, who knows?...

All those 'things' that will trigger the end like asteroid, nuclear strike, sun flares, etc... makes sense coz the Bible says that this world will be consumed by Fire...

This is my belief, somebody may react to it, which is btw I dont care...

Level 28
Ofcourse there's a god. I do not hear him often, but when I do, he sounds a lot like me.

I need a like button for this.

Just wondering why we couldn't discuss religion? Why does it have a special protection from criticism and discussion?

Every time a discussion about religion started, it will end on a very nasty way. You should seriously try to avoid this kind of discussion since not everyone have the same belief and almost all our willing to fight what they think is right.

Level 14
I need a like button for this.

Every time a discussion about religion started, it will end on a very nasty way. You should seriously try to avoid this kind of discussion since not everyone have the same belief and almost all our willing to fight what they think is right.

I think we shouldn't try to avoid it, instead -rep those who get nasty. I don't see anything good in avoiding an issue because some people could get uncivilized.

Level 18
Apperently freedom of speech doesent apply when you're talking about religion here, human rights?What are those?

Ontopic, Im on Ebuz and mckill's side.

Also if you're dumb enough to kill yourself becasue of <insert cause here> then be my guest. Suicide is a solution only in the eyes of the weak.

Level 12
I think we shouldn't try to avoid it, instead -rep those who get nasty. I don't see anything good in avoiding an issue because some people could get uncivilized.

Impossible to not get nasty. Human beings naturally adopt the "I am right, you are wrong" mindset when talking religion. Same thing applies for politics and moral views. Ultimately, every religious argument will dwindle down to who is more right and whose god or deity(s) is more real.

But it is here, look at the earth qauke activities they sky-roketed in the last year so has the volcanoes, I like the artical of Mordor Urrupting, anyway.

Its here you cant do shit to help it. JustAccept it is what I say, But thats me.
I hope this helped you in a way.

Humans have come a long way to survive natural disasters. We may not be able to stop them, but that doesn't mean we can predict and plan beforehand as well as take measures to ensure survival in the event of such disasters.

Yeah Nigh in earth years is like 100 years but I am talking about next year or the one after that, not later like 2020 or 2015 or shit, but man you have to open your eyes to the world riots american bankruptcy, so if your an american flee to somewhere not affected.

A big LOL here. America may be in debt but they're not bankrupt. And their debt does not affect the American people directly. The most they would riot about is increasing costs of living and increased tax rates.

And just a bit of a fact The Fukushima Nuclear powere plant has enough nuclear power to destroy half of the planet, just thought you might want to know. You know, because the world might end any second when a japinese idiot touches the shit, and thengets cancer and then dies but you get the point.

The Fukushima Power Plant has a truckload of power contained within it, but definitely not enough to destroy half the planet. These "japinese idiots" you're talking about have managed to contain the power plant, which you have said contain the power to destroy half the planet, after suffering an earthquake and a tsunami, to a grand total of probably less than a hundred deaths. Unless the world you're living in has less people on board the Titanic, then you're wrong.

And in case you hadn't noticed, cancer is not contagious. It's not a pandemic, neither is it a flu or virus. Cancer is simply unregulated cell growth. Essentially your cells going "rogue".

The end of the world? Hopefully not when I'm alive.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
It's a glib story. An unscrupulous bunch of people entertaining a fad that's earning print. The only end of the world I'm predicting is the clash of bandwagon characters trying to claim the spoils of war or pick up the shattered pieces of their arguments; either side more bigoted and making less sense than the other.

Seriously, it's going to suck bananas.

instead -rep those who get nasty.
Yeah, that usually works out well for everyone.

You can probably discuss religion in Medivh's Tower.
Yeah, that usually works out well for everyone.

trolman said:
I like how even mentioning religion gets you into trouble, so is it an illegal thing now? When did this become soviet hive?
trolman, I am tired of seeing you constantly post comments that are not related to the topics you post in.
If you plan on engaging in these discussions, provide something worthwhile, not stirring up pseudo-drama, just because you enjoy it.

Nobody here got "into trouble" for mentioning religion, but we ALL know where these discussions lead. Why would you want to waste everyone's time
on a subject that has been discussed several times before?

Let's get back to the topic here, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:
Level 16
Im a man of science. I don't think the end of the world is near. Thats not to say I don't have any spiritual beleif, I just haven't figured it out yet, but I don't think that lies within the words of others.

The cloest disaster to come is probebly an ice age. We survived one ice age living in caves, I think we can do it again with modern technology. The rare cyclone, torando, earthquake is devestating, however not fatal to the human race. Lives are lost, but life itself is not lost.

The sun will inevitabely explode, engulfing the earth in flames, but thats a long way away. If we haven't invented some king of solution by then, I don't think humanity deserves to live, lol.

The sun will inevitabely explode, engulfing the earth in flames, but thats a long way away. If we haven't invented some king of solution by then, I don't think humanity deserves to live, lol.
Mankind will already have vanished from the surface of the earth by then.
You know, it's true what they say:
Earth, no matter what, will survive the human race.
The question is, in what condition.

I never got the whole "earth is ending" thing. How is it supposed to end?
Earth breaking in two, a black hole devouring our galaxy, earth imploding?

Level 16
Mankind will already have vanished from the surface of the earth by then.
You know, it's true what they say:
Earth, no matter what, will survive the human race.
The question is, in what condition.

I never got the whole "earth is ending" thing. How is it supposed to end?
Earth breaking in two, a black hole devouring our galaxy, earth imploding?

We human beings are but a parasite as far as the earth is concerned.

Parasite:
1.An organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.

Well, I think we fit that definition. However, humans unlike other parasites
realise something important. We need our host to survive. So pherhaps with
that intelligence we can change the definition to something a little more
appropiate:

Mutualistic Relationship:
A symbiotic relationship between two organisms where both organisms
benefit.

Accept the failure of your existence and make it right.

Level 14
I would also like to add this link
http://www.bibleplus.org/12signs.htm

I would like to say that that's bullshit.

I don't see the point in the whole "We humans are such parasites" etc.
Whipping your back and chanting "I'm sorry for existing"
Who cares? A planet isn't a being, earth doesn't give a fuck about what's happening on its surface. I think that's silly and pessimistic, and ultimately useless.

Level 3

Who cares? A planet isn't a being, earth doesn't give a fuck about what's happening on its surface. I think that's silly and pessimistic, and ultimately useless.

If you cannot understand the harm of humanity on the planet and one should not care because it is not an organic organism, well that's just sad.

No wonder 'certain kinds' of humanity are better gone, because let's face it, some humans are parasites to everything good that's going on and trying to happen.

Level 16

I dont think I was being pessismistic, I am facing the reality of things. Besides I ended my statement on a positive note. We feed off the earth, and it suffers as a result. When I speak of the Earth, I mean all the organic living things on it's surface, not merely a rock on which we live.

We don't need to live the way we do. One major problem is money. Our lives revolve around money. We live to work. We work for money. Environmentally friendly isnt always economical.

Everyday the world ends. Can you get this?

Level 14
If you cannot understand the harm of humanity on the planet and one should not care because it is not an organic organism, well that's just sad.

No wonder 'certain kinds' of humanity are better gone, because let's face it, some humans are parasites to everything good that's going on and trying to happen.

Well what can I say about this?
some humans are parasites
Really? So you're referring to me, I presume. The difference between us is that I have more materialistic worldview, do you live in a wooden hut? No? Then what are you calling me a parasite, the difference between us is in the thinking, not in the acting. Of course, I like good things such as helping the poor and saving the environment, but I don't go around calling humans parasites and crying about planets.

Everyday the world ends. Can you get this?

I suspect this is referring to the fact that every day some people die, and that causes their worlds to end.

Level 3
No, I refer to those who harm it based on this way of thinking. For centuries, even if wrong way of delivering spirituality (such as religion), one good thing religion did was making man think about more concerning matters. Exactly because of materialistic people like yourself this world is going downard. Spritiuality is a good thing, but needs to be done without the falsehood done by religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.