• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there really the end of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question can be asked many times. Others believe while others will say the world will stay as it is no matter what.
If everything that can be percieved by our eyes, with or without instruments, ends and never seen again, then it is true that the earth, this world we are living with will banish. Not now, not tomorrow, but in some other days.
http://mhhe.com/physsci/astronomy/uspeak/sept_00_uspeak.mhtml
http://io9.com/what-the-death-of-the-sun-will-look-like-471796727
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2795981/Supernova-may-wipe-out-the-Earth.html
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=2473.0
http://io9.com/5871387/what-will-happen-when-the-sun-dies
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061219122301AAECcGy
So, how about you? What do you believe?

Level 23
Who cares about the sun? Obviously humans won't just be sitting around on earth when the time comes. People who are terrified of the sun shutting down underestimate the rate of technological advancement.

people will be LONG gone before that happens. With the idiocy spreading like plague, chances are in less than 250 years we will nuclear bomb(no pun intended) ourselves

Is there really the end of the world?
I don't think so. Although the secret organizations (e.g freemasons) do run the world from the shadows (conspiracy).

while others will say the world will stay as it is no matter what.

That's a bit short sighted. The Earth is in constant change, even as we speak now changes are in progress deep within the planet's core and so on.
Yes the Sun will be a red giant in about 5 billion years but before that the planet will long be inhabitable due to our star's life cycle (the Sun getting brighter with each billion years or so).
I'm sure if we survive until then our race (cyborgs if it comes to that) will long be gone from here and plunder the galaxy/s like locusts :D

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I think that you should've asked this: Is the end of mankind now?

If that's what you asked then I suppose we could either nuke ourselves out of existence as edo said (I'm surprised we didn't YET), be partially machines (it wouldn't surprise me one bit), be hit by an asteroid (most likely scenario; if that happens then may the gods have mercy on us. Bunkers would be an ideal refuge in that case), upload our conscience in a super-computer (I'm not sure about that though), rely on a quantum computer (watch out Terminator fans :V), coexist with nature (say what o.o), so on....

Last edited:
Level 23
there are in fact 3 possible outcomes for universe. It will either expand indefinately, which will cause the effect I forgot the name of(The Big Rip I think it was, where the spacetime expansion gets so fast that it will actually rip electrons from atoms, as well as quarks from each other inside neutrons and protons),

it will start collapsing into itself, which will cause it to go back to singularity state and most likely going back to another big bang

or last

if there is the total exact mass distribution in universe, it will stop its expandation and will stay the same for eternity, but the amount of matter in universe is not infinite(depends on which theories you believe of course) so the universe will end up matterless, when all matter gets consumed by black holes.

Bright future, indeed

*facepalm*, a universe cant simply "die" it has to be affected by something in order for a catastrophic event to occur. I don't even know HOW you can trigger that event or more so even if it is possible for a universe to vanish. Since universe is made from dark matter, dark matter cant be killed, it's like saying that "light" can be killed. . It cant. (Impossible)

As for the earth.. yes it can happen, the most common one is that the planet will lose it's movement path alignment and will crash into other planet nearby- causing a catastrophic event that will turn both the earth and the other planet into a floating crust. Tough I don't think that we will ever get to it seemingly we will destroy ourselves and this planet with nuclear devices or other highly-classified technology.

Level 23
@AVoid: I dont know if troll or serious.

If there is not enough matter/mass in universe, it will keep expanding at accelerating rate, which will bring us down to big rip, which means that at one point the spacetime expansion will be so quick that not even Strong atomic force will help atoms keep up and it will break them.

If there is more mass/matter then required, then eventually universe will stop expanding, because the gravity pull of the amount of mass will outweigth the force that expands it, hence forming new singularity.

If there is just the right amount, the gravity pull on universe will balance the force expanding the universe, hence it will live forever in scalar-like state, but huge stars will keep dying into Black holes, which consume mass/matter, and there is not infinite amount of it, so sooner or later, nothing but black holes will be left in the universe

I propose that we close this thread due to the amount of silliness appearing in the responses.

Yeah? Up yours too, buddy. Your response was no more pointless and rather silly that it is ironic from my perspective.

For anyone not quite aware on what is Dark Matter. We have many professors down here.

Level 6
In this universe/dimension/reality, we humans will cause our own downfall in the near future.
As for this Universe, I don't know.
If it ends then perhaps it will restart with another Big Bang?
Perhaps there are infinite another universes where it hasn't ended?
Perhaps we are missing something crucial and our understanding of time/space is flawed?
We probably won't get an answer within our lifetime.
But we're probably a few Einsteins away from a big piece of the truth.

Level 11
you mean the end of the world or end of the earth?

Ummm... What's the difference?

Anyway... Yeah, of course our world has an ending. We just don't know how. And I don't know if Earth can die by age-ing. You know like we humans die after living for 80+ years.

That would be so freakin' terrifying. Imagine yourself witnessing the end of the world. Like an extremely huge boulder is falling down the sky, even bigger than any buildings you've ever seen.

Lolz, that's what happens when watching some documentaries/movies about the end of the world. That also happens to me. Like after I watched some videos about aliens, I start asking myself: "are aliens real?", "what is out there?".

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I propose that we close this thread due to the amount of silliness appearing in the responses.
Yeh, I agree with Nuclear,
to whatever we do, this day will come, enjoy the life :)
It's funny how everyone thinks they have a closing fetish until their thread gets locked and they come crying about it to Staff Contact...

Protip: You don't have to read or reply to all threads you find

If you think the discussion is stupid and people are being dickwads, either show them why you think so or GTFO. There's no point in prancing around the forums telling people you are more clever than they are except for fueling the fire and/or your e-peen, and in either case you are a miserable bag of utter tits

It's funny how everyone thinks they have a closing fetish until their thread gets locked and they come crying about it to Staff Contact...

If you think the discussion is stupid and people are being dickwads, either show them why you think so or GTFO. There's no point in prancing around the forums telling people you are more clever than they are except for fueling the fire and/or your e-peen, and in either case you are a miserable bag of utter tits

I completely agree, Nuclear thinks that he can order weather to close or maintain this thread, this is a forum and everyone can discuss freely. You have no authority nor reason to disband something that you don't like. It is best if we ignore such people. :/

Level 9
End of the world not sure, but end of humanity can happen anytime. We will never know when nuclear war will start or when aliens will begin their invasion. And to those who dont belive in aliens i have to say this:
You really think we are the only ones in this infinite universe. That would be impossible. There are thousand of planets that are inhibitable. Its just a matter of time when aliens will visit us.

End of the world not sure, but end of humanity can happen anytime. We will never know when nuclear war will start or when aliens will begin their invasion. And to those who dont belive in aliens i have to say this:
You really think we are the only ones in this infinite universe. That would be impossible. There are thousand of planets that are inhibitable. Its just a matter of time when aliens will visit us.

Why on earth would aliens from outer space come here just, so they could kill us? They could easily create a virus, poison our water supply or make us sterile, so that we wont reproduce.

Level 11
You really think we are the only ones in this infinite universe.

Off-Topic:
Christians believe that Earth is the only planet with living beings like humans. And because Christians believe more on the bible than science...

But to me yeah, I believe aliens exist.

On-Topic:
Nuclear weapons can end this world in an instant. No alien is needed. Thanks to that "Law of War" lolz.

Off-Topic (Again):
And if aliens really want to dominate Earth, they should've done it a long long time ago.

Now to all of you, look at the light. When I press this button, you'll all forget about this conversation. *Wears sunglasses like a boss* :ogre_datass: *Click!*

Level 14

Good point. I admit I was wrong, let's keep the silly train going.

Level 24
Second here,
anyway,
I was a little scared of 2012, before it, because people thinks the world will like the 2012 movie, goes into a nightmare, but since its just passed........, no more worries

Well its like alot of people say aliens might come when we have more powerful technology like aliens, but i doubt it. Putin will probably start a nuclear war before that will happen.
Before it may happen, this world may already be bombed by nuclears

You people really overestimate the power of nuclear weapons. Besides it's stupid to just assume that a nuclear war will for some reason just happen.

1. Lack of natural resources, bad economy.
2. Religious conflicts. (religious dogma)
3. Political conflicts.
4. Overpopulation, no land and lack of supplies.
5. One World Unity (NWO), merging all nations via extreme measures.
6. Arrogance towards other nations, communism-movement.

These are one of the most realistic causes of a nuclear war.

3. Political conflicts.

1. Yeah, so let's bomb the earth some more, because that'll help with those two problems
2/3. More so, crazy ideologies, not only religion, could happen, it takes a few crazy people
4. Yeah, so let's bomb the land with nuclear weapons, that'll help
5. No better way to merge nations than blow them up completely
6. Because communism is all about bombing the shit out of other countries (read the communist manifesto, please). Arrogance towards other nations? Mayhaps, it takes a few lunatics to pull that crazy shit of.

1. Yeah, so let's bomb the earth some more, because that'll help with those two problems
2/3. More so, crazy ideologies, not only religion, could happen, it takes a few crazy people
4. Yeah, so let's bomb the land with nuclear weapons, that'll help
5. No better way to merge nations than blow them up completely
6. Because communism is all about bombing the shit out of other countries (read the communist manifesto, please). Arrogance towards other nations? Mayhaps, it takes a few lunatics to pull that crazy shit of.

You seem to put a logic to every available situation. In this matter logic doesn't work. There were many illogical actions done in the history, they were good and bad.

You also didn't understood the definitions.

To put it simply, nations will fight for survival. Survival includes taking any measures, those nations that lack resources will be "colonized" by bigger and more powerful nations. I am talking about limited Earth's resources, lack of resources leads in-balance towards other nations who need them.

There were many religious wars in this matter.

"Harness with all nations, make alliance with none."

Not exactly, people will find ways to start a war, terrorism.

This is already obvious, just compare this to Ukraine and Russia...

Nazism, Soviet Union.

Level 14
3. Political conflicts.

Those are realistic reasons for limited regional conflicts. Except the NWO part, which was fucking crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.