• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beliefs & How the earth will end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
We already have technology to know if an meteor will fall in Earth 15 years before this happens. That is enough time to build an defense, like Super potent lasers cannons, nuclear bombs, propulssion missile to change direction of the meteor, or even an magnetic shield. At last, we can enjoy our mortal lives in peace...

Thats pity, one simple very heavy rocket floating arround meteor will change its trajectoria by some milimeters, so it will fly faaar away from earth, no need for laser canons or bruce willis.

Meteors are not threat, this thread is bigger threat

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Meteors don't are an threat anymore. We have to care now about for the Burning Legion!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
Seriously, I think that the biggest menace is the end of the resources, like water, because nobody lives whitout water.

Level 5
i doubt water will run out, sure fresh water isn't really that abundant but it's all recyclable. Besides, if all else fails, we can become vampires and drink each other's blood. Like that creepy duchess who drank the blood of virgins to make herself be youthful forever.

Level 12
WHAT???

Natural Resources = Water

Nobody (even plants, animals, insects, etc) can survive a few days whitout water. That's the end of all the living beings in world if this even happens.

Water itself is not running out. It is just in something else. E.g. in human body or in animals etc etc.

Only if temperature will rise more than 100Celsia, all water change into steam. That happened long time ago, but then temperature falls and it started raining for thousands years and oceans came back.

Level 13
i doubt water will run out, sure fresh water isn't really that abundant but it's all recyclable. Besides, if all else fails, we can become vampires and drink each other's blood. Like that creepy duchess who drank the blood of virgins to make herself be youthful forever.
Well, I guess you gotta get used to AIDS then.

But yeah, water itself isn't running out. It's just that water gets polluted and dirty and cleaning it isn't always the easiest thing to do.

Level 4
I have no idea what to believe but what scares me the most is a pandemic (A global disease) Since we have no idea what the virus would do. It could be extremely painful, highly contagious, etc... Such as cancer that infects like a regular cold.

I do not believe the end of the world will be WW3 (if it happens) Since even nukes can't destroy the whole world, only a few of the world's major cities and it's not impossible to survive a nuclear winter.

Also, about the lack of resources thing, we would see it a LONG time before it happens (such as now we can see oil supplies will be finished in about 40 or so years) and we will do something to stop it. If it's a water shortage, then we will find a way such as using salt water if out of fresh water and yes we can make fresh water out of salt water (boiling it and stuff). Lack of metal then we find alternate materials, etc....

Level 8
Like accidentally the whole fucking thing. It would be horrible.

lol

I have no idea what to believe but what scares me the most is a pandemic (A global disease) Since we have no idea what the virus would do. It could be extremely painful, highly contagious, etc... Such as cancer that infects like a regular cold.

Yeah I know how fucking scary would a pandemic be, especially if it was extremely airborne and lasted for months.

I do not believe the end of the world will be WW3 (if it happens) Since even nukes can't destroy the whole world, only a few of the world's major cities and it's not impossible to survive a nuclear winter.

Played Fallout 3 Yet? Btw the US has a lot of weapons in its nuclear arsenal.

I could not find the picture of the world that shows where all the nuclear weapons are but I found the next best thing this quote.
"It currently has around 7,000 strategic nuclear weapons, and around 1,200 tactical nuclear weapons, plus around 2,700 warheads in an inactive stockpile. "
My source: Friends of the Earth: Anti-nuclear working group

Level 24
Water itself is not running out. It is just in something else. E.g. in human body or in animals etc etc.

Only if temperature will rise more than 100Celsia, all water change into steam. That happened long time ago, but then temperature falls and it started raining for thousands years and oceans came back.
Life on Earth would be generally extinct long before 100° Celsius...

Even if water run out, that will not be soon. So, we shall have higher technology that we can pick up water from another planets BECAUSE THERE IS WATER ON NEAREST PLANETS AND\OR THEIR MOONS!!!!
... or we can build distilleries to make fresh water from ocean water...

Level 12
Do you mean THE Earth, planet or the HUMAN RACE

Wiping out human race:
Either a meteor that is about 1km long that crashes into earth (causing a heap of dust raising into the atmosphere, blocking the sun thus an ice age)

Both:
Something tampering with the iron and nickle in the outer core which makes our magnetic field (if we didn't have the magnetic field then we will be owned by solar wind)
OR
Aliens (o_O)

Earth gettin killed (and the human race if we ARE alive in 5 billion years):
As the sun gets old (Probably another 5 billion years from now (our sun is like, 5 billion years old at the moment)) it will turn into a red giant, (because our sun is small, surprisingly compared to other suns (bigger suns actually shrink when about to die then cause a supernova)) and soon consume our whole solar system until it blows up.

Disease:
Possible - If a highly HIGHLY undetectable (like, you don't even know about it until you spontaneously die after a day while spreading it around kind of disease) could possibly wipe out the human race.
Not possible:
For a disease that can be noticed (noticeable symptoms)
Here is a simulation of the not very highly correct game, though can make a point game.
http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/pandemic
http://www.onemorelevel.com/game/pandemic_2
You try to spread your disease but mankind stops it ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.