• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your beliefs (Religion)

What are your true religious beliefs? What religion are you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I believe in Chris Vetranoism. My name is Chris Vetrano and I believe that I am the center of the universe. All things around me are here for me to learn from and to experience things with.

I think therefore I am. I am the only thing I know that exists because my thoughts are to myself and effect nothing but myself. In the universe, what good is something that affects nothing? It may as well not exist. Therefore, I must either not exist, or be the only thing that exists. And because I exist, I am the only thing that exists.

PM or something if you want to fully understand.

p.s. You are the projections of my mind.

Level 27
I believe in Chris Vetranoism. My name is Chris Vetrano and I believe that I am the center of the universe. All things around me are here for me to learn from and to experience things with.

I think therefore I am. I am the only thing I know that exists because my thoughts are to myself and effect nothing but myself. In the universe, what good is something that affects nothing? It may as well not exist. Therefore, I must either not exist, or be the only thing that exists. And because I exist, I am the only thing that exists.

Veeeeeeery original. Did you come up with that yourself?

Level 27
Haha, donut, for more info on pastafarianism check out page 3 <of this thread> :p

Erm, or what Elenai thinks of it anyhow =/
Oh, didn't notice. I rarely check into this thread, it seemed like another "Elenai and Hakeem vs. the Hive (or Poot in other words :p)" religious thread.
Props to you three for standing up beyond others.
--donut3.5--

Level 25

I used to think the same thing two... like when I was twelve :p

But it isn't supported by evidence and is to be honest a bit ignorant to believe that you are god. If you were god, you'd have knowlege of creating the universe and would have the power to create more major things to it, which you cannot, nor can any other Human being.

Well, I believe in both Athiest and Scientology. My mind changes often. But I don't believe "Aliens" populated the Earth. That is going a bit too far.

If you feel you must prove me wrong, go waste your time with someone else. You can't convince anyone that there is a God if they seriously believe in whatever they believe in. It is probably Human nature though, to aruge and differ with others when things like this are brought up.
~Craka_J

Level 34
Catholic - Practicing

I really want to delve into other religions though (excluding atheism).
By delve, I mean learn, not become a ____ for a wile. =P

Level 27
Oh, didn't notice. I rarely check into this thread, it seemed like another "Elenai and Hakeem vs. the Hive (or Poot in other words :p)" religious thread.
Props to you three for standing up beyond others.
--donut3.5--
I don't know that posts are what the Craka_J was actually aiming for.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine he only cares about the poll.

Level 3
I used to think the same thing two... like when I was twelve :p

But it isn't supported by evidence and is to be honest a bit ignorant to believe that you are god. If you were god, you'd have knowlege of creating the universe and would have the power to create more major things to it, which you cannot, nor can any other Human being.

Well, I believe in both Athiest and Scientology. My mind changes often. But I don't believe "Aliens" populated the Earth. That is going a bit too far.

If you feel you must prove me wrong, go waste your time with someone else. You can't convince anyone that there is a God if they seriously believe in whatever they believe in. It is probably Human nature though, to aruge and differ with others when things like this are brought up.
~Craka_J

And I used to use the word "two" instead of "too" when I was twelve... but I digress (no flame, only joke)

The idea is not that I consciously created everything or that I am consciously making everything appear; the idea is that my mind is creating everything without me doing anything other than existing. I am not an active God, and certaintly not a God as the christian God would be. I am just the origin of all things, and the end of all things.

Tell me, can you prove something exists before you know about it? As soon as you prove it exists, you know about it.

Level 6
And did you know that the Hebrews existed before Rome? And that during the Dark Ages Roman law was only kept alive by the Church?

And what is this about?

Awww you took my point before I could >< oh well...but yes, the Hebrew people were still around way before the Romans...2000 BC or so I think? At least thats when I believe my teacher said Abram lived...but hey how do they know that for a fact...

Anyway the point is Hebrew law did come before Roman law...it makes you wonder what life was like for everyone else way back then

Level 40
And did you know that the Hebrews existed before Rome? And that during the Dark Ages Roman law was only kept alive by the Church?
Did you know the Hebrews weren't Christian? Also, did you know that Rome's death caused the dark ages, and the "Holy Roman Empire" was a completely separate empire under the Pope?

And what is this about?
It's about what you said about Pastafarianism on page 2 ;o

Level 35
Why what?

Oh and the Hebrew religion Judaism was the precursor to Christianity...The Hebrews are also the line that Christ was born from.

Rome's death was indeed the cause of the Dark Ages. And Rome's death was caused by Rome losing its power, barbarian invasion, and the nation rotting from the inside.

It was still the Church that kept the legacy of Rome alive.

And what does the Holy Roman Empire of Charlemagne have to do with Rome aside from the Pope and the name?

I used to be a slight christian, not really asking anything about it or even listening to what the priest or whatever said (mostly on christmas nights), or even reading the bible at all. Eventually it just snapped: my first thought after that was mostly "What the hell is this bullshit?".
Then when the priest started saying something along the lines of "We are not worthy god!" and we had to kneel... I just got infuriated.

Now I'm just not caring at all. I'm not atheist, just rational, only believing in things that seem within the limits of reality. I won't go try to burst other people's beliefs, I just don't like religion anymore.

EDIT: Good thing there aren't any satanists...

Level 40
Why what?
Why were you asking about it in the first place?

Oh and the Hebrew religion Judaism was the precursor to Christianity...The Hebrews are also the line that Christ was born from.
Erm, the New Testament which you guys <I assume> are referring to was made as of Christianity, was it not? Otherwise, the laws of the day would include sacrificing goats and the like =o

Rome's death was indeed the cause of the Dark Ages. And Rome's death was caused by Rome losing its power, barbarian invasion, and the nation rotting from the inside.

It was still the Church that kept the legacy of Rome alive.

And what does the Holy Roman Empire of Charlemagne have to do with Rome aside from the Pope and the name?
Exactly (And you just contradicted yourself...).

Level 35
Christians and other religous people can be rational too WILL.......just a heads up.

I was just asking about it to understand what was being said is all PurplePoot.

And no I didnt.

The Church did keep the stuff alive. How did I contradict myself?

Level 34
I belong to the Church of Warcraft. I'm surprised that there aren't more video game churches.

Level 24
Atheism is technically a religion. Btw, being sacrilegious means you steal or otherwise defile something religious. I don't think that counts as a religion.

Level 24
Sacrilege is a noun, sacrilegious is an adjective. And that would be a stretch.

Also, Atheism is generally acknowledged as a religion. The religion is Islam, "Muslim" is used to describe its peoples, and no Scientology?

Level 24
Now all we need is for Craka_J to go in and add Scientology. And also Wicca. Hinduism. Shinto. Whatever the religion that dominated Middle and South America before the Europeans came. Tribal polytheism. Voodoo. Paganism in general. :razz:

Level 24
I don't know the first thing about Scientology, other than the original bacteria were supposedly left here by aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.