• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Earth is Hollow?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Some scientists strarting from the 1600's began to believe that the Earth is actually hollow and that there is a chance that there is life inside the Earth, under the Earth's Crust. Evidence also proves that there are two opennings in both the North and South Poles of the Earth, that enter beyond the Earth's Crust and allow oxygen through into the Earth it self. In most textbooks, scientists say that beyond the Earth's Crust that there is just more soil down to the center of the earth, known as the Core, which supposedly holds molten hot magma which starts volcanic eruptions occasionally. However these are just hypothesis's, a bunch of educated guesses. But what if the center of the earth was actually a miniature sun about 600 miles wide and after the Earth's Crust is just hollow around the Core?
I believe that the Earth IS hollow because to make a sculpture that does not break from air bubbles or air pockets, you MUST make the inside of the sculpture hollow; which leads to my conclusion that the Earth is like a round clay sculpture. Because clay IS made of Earth's crust basicly and the Earth must be the same thing as a clay ball. A clay ball without a hollow inside will shatter the ball a little after it hardens and is heated, which proves that the Earth MUST be hollow since the lava that heats the Earth atleast a little or enough to cause shattering, but if the Earth isn't hollow then it helps explain more about why Earthquakes happen.
There is also the theory about Atlantis that started actual Aliens. Atlantis was a very, very, advanced civilization at it's time and knew more about science, agriculture, etc. than the other civilizations did. But how the civilization disapeared is/was a mystery until after the great tsunami that hit Asia. Now scientists believe that a tsunami similar, but greater, had hit the small island of Atlantis and from the impact, it actually sunk extremely fast into the sea and UNDER or IN the Earth's Crust, but with a 99% chance of killing everyone on the Island... or so we predict. The air pocket would have sucked out all of the inhabitants oxygen and killed them instantly, but there is a chance that if they some how knew that it was coming or were prepared, that they could have hid somewhere within the island that would protect them from the impact of the tsunami waves. Questions run around like "How could they breath under the Earth's Crust?" well since there are actually several entrances into the Earth's Core it self, air and oxygen had to be circulating through the 'hollow' Earth, giving the people who may of survived in Atlantis, oxygen to breath. And with their advanced knowlege and whatever they survived with (tools, food, and other goods), they probably figured out how to survive in the Earth. And who knows... perhaps there are other beings and animals and plants in the Earth for the peope to eat and live off of. Other questions that go around are "If there is a Sun underground or a molten lava core, wouldn't they melt to death?" and "Food usually requires water, how could they live without rain?" well the inside of the Earth is most likely very hot, but with the opennings around the Earth, it is doubtful that the inside of Earth is actually hot enough to melt and/or kill the people. To answer the other question, there are two entrances in the Earth that let water and very cool air into the Earth, both from the North and South Pole as I said, and the people probably gather their water there and I'm sure that if there is in fact a Sun underground, then plants would grow on the interior of the Earth.
How do they travel to the surface? Well as you may know, sightings of flying saucers may actually be true, and if they are, then that proves the theory that gravity is stronger in the Core of the Earth to be true. If flying saucers could just simply float in gravity, then proof of Aliens roaming within the Earth may be true indeed. Since oil is from the Earth, there is probably oil in the Earths core as well and would probably be used as fuel for the flying saucers to fly out of the earth's entrances to get resources from the surface before anyone even noticed, or what we would call, a Sonic Boom! A UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) that bolts across the planet in only seconds! But the booms end while flying "over" water. Why? My theory is because they are entering the inside of the Earth through tunnels they've made in the past and maybe even present day! People have used special submarines to check out very deep in the sea and they discovered two holes (tunnels) in a cave that led straight down to possibly the Core of the Earth. The tunnels were big and could fit something as big as a small ship into.

If you don't believe me on this, then look it up on Google. Search: "Hollow Earth" and you should get some interesting evidence that I am right. Maybe a few things I haven't even included.

Level 31
There is a flaw in your theory. The earth is not completly solid. Only the crust is truly solid, and it is reletivly thin compared to the rest of the earth. The inside of the earth is more along the lines of magma, which is the liquid form of rock. And the core is extreamly condensed by the gravity of the earth.

Level 21
But what if the center of the earth was actually a miniature sun about 600 miles wide and after the Earth's Crust is just hollow around the Core?

for a star to be born trillions and trillions of tons of helium and hrdrogen must exist. there is not enough of this to make jupiter a star let alone pockets of these gasses under our planets surface, and even if there was, the entire earth would be mega hot and then it would be used in the nuclear reactions. so this isnt possible.

A clay ball without a hollow inside will shatter the ball a little after it hardens and is heated, which proves that the Earth MUST be hollow since the lava that heats the Earth atleast a little or enough to cause shattering

this isnt really comparible because A. the earths gravity holds it together and B. the earth has a much "stronger" crust than clay, which wouldnt shatter due to cooling in this way and C. the earth is so large that this effect if it were to happen would be scaled down.

There is also the theory about Atlantis that started actual Aliens.

well seeing as there is no evidence at all this is just a theory, and i personally think its a completely crack-pot theory which is just a childs tale. anyways i think i read an article when the atlantis cartoon was released in the cinemas about the history of the ledgend. i cant remember the details but supposedly atlantis was a ledgendary place which was lost, just like the recently found troy. im sure wikipedia knows but i cba to look it up.

A UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) that bolts across the planet in only seconds!

i dont think petrolium products would provide enough energy when burned to do this unless it were stored some how, perhaps if it was used in a nuclear reaction of some kind, but not in standard combustion.

Search: "Hollow Earth" and you should get some interesting evidence that I am right.

you will also get alot suggesting you are wrong. i personally dont care what is right and whats wrong in this case as it isnt intresting to me, but i think the standard convection model provides a better overall view which hollow earth cannot provide. one thing to support hollow earth is bacteria found in extreemely deep rocks which was thought to be impossible to have gotten there from the surface, so perhaps it came from below. but counterting this is how plates slide under each other slowly pushing rocks, and whatever organisms are on those rocks, into the mantle of the earth. tbh i dont know and dont care but if i had to chose its convection model all the way.

Only the crust is truly solid, and it is reletivly thin compared to the rest of the earth. The inside of the earth is more along the lines of magma, which is the liquid form of rock. And the core is extreamly condensed by the gravity of the earth.

this is what is believed as true by scientific standards but we cannot prove this exists as no one has ever truly been there, hollow earth is just another theory that takes a different look on the possibilities that might exist beneath our feet.

another and very convising thing supporting convertion theory is earth quake p and s waves travelling through the sub-layers of the earth, we can prove these happen but with hollow earth they shouldnt happen.

a posibbility to consider is an earth that is not entirely hollow but which have very very very large compartments filled with air within the sub-layers of the earth, this i think is much more likely.

Level 25
I actually don't believe this myself. Because then where would Molten Hot Magma come from and yes, the Earth's surface would most likely sink, but the guy who made up this theory said that the gravity balanced IN the Earth's Crust I think or below it, that way the Earth wouldn't implode/explode. Another part that makes no sense to me is that the man predicted that the holes were in water, and that they were about 1200 miles wide, which would drain the ocean itself within a couple hours. A sun inside the Earth sounds probable, since the Earth was once a Sun and the Fusion and Nuclear Power of this planet sank inside, it almost sounds like it makes sense, atleast until his statement includes that the sun is about 300-600 miles wide, which would upset volcanoes, heat the ground as you've mentioned, and radiation would certainly be a problem. The Atlantis thing was something I sort of made up lol, I don't think anyone has come up with a fictional theory about an ancient civilization being sunk into the ocean from Atlantis, brought all the way UNDER about more than 300 miles under the Earth's Crust by simply a hardcore tsunami.
But if the Earth had no Sun underground, then that defeats a couple things such as gases, radiation, massive heat, but leaves the Earth to imploding :p

But don't be too sure of yourself that the Earth does have layers or that it is actually hollow... for we haven't even discovered everything and haven't even gotten to the bottom of our own planet's ocean floor. It's all a bunch of theorys... and one of them has got to be right! :D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If the earth was hollow, we probably would never exists since it would have less gravty than the moon, with the sun theroy it would have so much gravity that a black hole would form and obliterate the planet. Also, sicentists have been able to culculate that the planet DOES HAVE A SOLID CORE (no spaces for life) via shockwaves that are given off from big explosions (volcanos, hydrogen bombs) or major earthquakes. These shockwaves travel through the earth and can be picked up on the other side, being defracted slightly due to changes in medium. Via advanced culculations of how the shockwaves bend and timing, they can form a density pattern that can ONLY exist if the centre of earth is solid, which it is. Also, there is NO activity down there, even if it is whole since otherwise, vibrations would be picked up and reported that do not make physical sense. Thus drop the idea since it is impossiable. But maybe some kind of advanced organisim that lives in the mantel and can wistand ultra temperature, that is something different. Since already bacteria and other simple organisims have been found that can wistand over 600°C (ocean trenches) that do NOT relly on the sun to live (can live even in very cold plants away from suns due to gelogical activity still warming up the underground), who knows if these have mutated and live in the mantel since they are too small to detect without a sample which is impossiabe due to the depths and temperature.

Level 24
=/ and people nag at me for needing formatting.

But what if the center of the earth was actually a miniature sun about 600 miles wide and after the Earth's Crust is just hollow around the Core?
um... if there WAS a star at the centre of the earth, encased in MATTER, and stars EXPEL matter, how do you think that would work for the earth?

I believe that the Earth IS hollow because to make a sculpture that does not break from air bubbles or air pockets, you MUST make the inside of the sculpture hollow; which leads to my conclusion that the Earth is like a round clay sculpture.
if it's hollow, it's just one BIG air bubble. that would cause the sculpture to explode. you'd need significantly large holes to avoid that, and holes @ north & south poles wouldn't exactly cover it.

There is also the theory about Atlantis that started actual Aliens. Atlantis was a very, very, advanced civilization at it's time and knew more about science, agriculture, etc. than the other civilizations did.
scientists have actually investigated atlantis, and believe it to have existed during the bronze age. most of the hype about how profanely advanced atlantis was is purely fiction, albeit entertaining fiction.

But how the civilization disapeared is/was a mystery until after the great tsunami that hit Asia. Now scientists believe that a tsunami similar, but greater, had hit the small island of Atlantis and from the impact, it actually sunk extremely fast into the sea and UNDER or IN the Earth's Crust, but with a 99% chance of killing everyone on the Island... or so we predict.
and that's just the tsunami. how could bronze-age humans survive being underwater for the duration it would take for the city to sink to the bottom of the sea (which it wouldn't have, since there is a LOT of land under islands) and then through SEVEN MILES of rock? falling from like 200,000 feet takes like 30 minutes through AIR, and that's for a person. i can't even imagine how much time a CITY would need for 7 miles through ROCK.

The air pocket would have sucked out all of the inhabitants oxygen and killed them instantly, but there is a chance that if they some how knew that it was coming or were prepared, that they could have hid somewhere within the island that would protect them from the impact of the tsunami waves.
what? absolute non-sequitur. "they would have lost all their oxygen because of the bubble underground, but if they knew it was coming they could have hid from the giant wave"

Questions run around like "How could they breath under the Earth's Crust?" well since there are actually several entrances into the Earth's Core it self, air and oxygen had to be circulating through the 'hollow' Earth, giving the people who may of survived in Atlantis, oxygen to breath.
okay then, how do they breathe INSIDE the earth's crust?

And with their advanced knowlege and whatever they survived with (tools, food, and other goods), they probably figured out how to survive in the Earth.
they weren't THAT advanced.

And who knows... perhaps there are other beings and animals and plants in the Earth for the peope to eat and live off of. Other questions that go around are "If there is a Sun underground or a molten lava core, wouldn't they melt to death?"
actually, if it's REALLY that close to a star, they could grow their own food without any problem at all. but they would still burn to death.

"Food usually requires water, how could they live without rain?"
again, absolute non-sequitur. rain != only source of water. if they were really advanced enough to survive the trip through 2.25 miles of water and 7 miles of rock, they could have distilled water that would be there.

well the inside of the Earth is most likely very hot, but with the opennings around the Earth, it is doubtful that the inside of Earth is actually hot enough to melt and/or kill the people.
lol have you ever seen lava? after the 7 miles of rock, they got to go through THAT.

To answer the other question, there are two entrances in the Earth that let water and very cool air into the Earth, both from the North and South Pole as I said, and the people probably gather their water there and I'm sure that if there is in fact a Sun underground, then plants would grow on the interior of the Earth.
those two entrances, which i have never heard of, couldn't possibly let significant amounts of water in. not to mention they'd need to distill it. back on water being let in, you know people are worried about RISING sea levels? if all the water is moving to the inside of the earth, that wouldn't be a problem.

How do they travel to the surface? Well as you may know, sightings of flying saucers may actually be true, and if they are, then that proves the theory that gravity is stronger in the Core of the Earth to be true.
ha...ha...hahaha. you obviously have NO idea what you're talking about here, or how gravity actually works. from a relativistic point of view, every single atom in the universe creates a small distortion that affects every other atom in the universe. the way they affect each other is that a slight force drawing the atoms together is created by/can be observed as consequences of said distortions.

when speaking of singularities, the farther you get from the singularity's centre, the weaker the gravity is. this also applies to objects which you may not get closer to the centre of mass than the surface.

of course, the earth is DEFINITELY not a singularity, especially not to its inhabitants. in cases where you can actually go under the surface of whatever cluster of atoms you happen to be talking about, the closer to the centre, the weaker the force gravity exerts on you towards the centre of the object that you are entering. this happens because while you ARE getting closer to its centre of mass, there is also a great concentration of mass above you. at the centre of the object you are entering, gravity will pull you with equal force in all directions, effectively nullifying it.

Since oil is from the Earth
um... no. oil is actually from fossils. they just happen to spend most of their time in the earth.

there is probably oil in the Earths core as well and would probably be used as fuel for the flying saucers to fly out of the earth's entrances to get resources from the surface before anyone even noticed, or what we would call, a Sonic Boom!
a sonic boom is actually the result of any sort of occurrence in which an object travels faster through whatever medium it happens to be in than sound can. light travels faster than sound, and sonic booms are loud as hell, and as such highly unlikely to be overlooked, even if you don't look in the right direction for the source of the sound. have you ever seen videos of fighter planes creating sonic booms? they don't suddenly disappear.

for the moment though, let's explore sonic booms. when anything moves, it creates vibrations in the medium that it is traveling through. said vibrations propagate, or expand, outwards in all directions. for simplicities sake, let's pretend this is happening on a 2d plane. provided our origin does not move a significant amount, you have a series of circles (waves) just growing bigger and bigger, while keeping their centres at the origin point.

Let's say however, that our origin point is moving. the circles (waves) keep getting bigger and bigger, but their centres remain where the origin was when the specific circle (wave) was formed. assuming that the medium our origin is moving through is air, there would be an area slightly compressed air in front of our origin. that would be the first situation in the upcoming picture.

now let's say that our origin is moving fast enough to keep up with one edge of the waves. that would result in an area of extremely compressed air in front of our origin. that is the second situation in the upcoming picture.

now what happens when the origin moves faster than the waves? admittedly, this is very hard; the origin needs to be able to pierce the "wall" of air created in front of it to do so. moving on, what happens is that the circles (waves) do exactly what they did before, but the at the time of creation, origins of new circles (waves) are not located within the previous circle. if you connected corresponding points on the circles (waves), you would have a cone. detectors that happen to meet the cone before it passes will indicate a sudden increase in pressure, followed by a sudden return to normal.

now then, for the picture.
Sonic_boom_diagram.png

A UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) that bolts across the planet in only seconds! But the booms end while flying "over" water. Why? My theory is because they are entering the inside of the Earth through tunnels they've made in the past and maybe even present day!
creating and exiting sonic booms both create an incredible amount of turbulence. not to mention running into the water at approximately 300m/s (meters per second, i believe that is close to the speed of sound) would squash whatever was doing it. do you know what reentry friction that happens to space ships is? similar concept, except a cubic meter of water has a MUCH higher inertia than a cubic meter of air. it would generate heat, along with a permanent deformation.

People have used special submarines to check out very deep in the sea and they discovered two holes (tunnels) in a cave that led straight down to possibly the Core of the Earth. The tunnels were big and could fit something as big as a small ship into.
source please.

If you don't believe me on this, then look it up on Google. Search: "Hollow Earth" and you should get some interesting evidence that I am right. Maybe a few things I haven't even included.
:grin: do i get to disprove that stuff too?

Also, sicentists have been able to culculate that the planet DOES HAVE A SOLID CORE (no spaces for life) via shockwaves that are given off from big explosions (volcanos, hydrogen bombs) or major earthquakes. These shockwaves travel through the earth and can be picked up on the other side, being defracted slightly due to changes in medium. Via advanced culculations of how the shockwaves bend and timing, they can form a density pattern that can ONLY exist if the centre of earth is solid, which it is.
i was going to say that, but i guess i took too long with the other two.

Last edited:
Level 21
i was going to say that, but i guess i took too long with the other two.

yeh i mentioned that briefly in my post but it is a very important fact.

about this sun inside the earth, its pretty much impossible. there are several reasons and i cant be bothered to list them all. basically there needs to be alot of hydrogen and helium to start the reactions to make a star, you need more than 1,000x the entire mass of the earth, probably alot more, to make even a tiny star. there are other reasons but just accept that one.

Level 24
about this sun inside the earth, its pretty much impossible. there are several reasons and i cant be bothered to list them all. basically there needs to be alot of hydrogen and helium to start the reactions to make a star, you need more than 1,000x the entire mass of the earth, probably alot more, to make even a tiny star. there are other reasons but just accept that one.

not to mention that all of his reasons got steamrollered. gravity stronger inside the earth than outside? hah. what i really like is the giant holes that move water from inside the earth to outside. is gravity supposed to be backwards inside the earth so that our ocean never runs out? not to mention, who can hold their breath long enough to fall through ~2.25 miles of water and ~7 miles of solid rock.

EDIT: lol i just took a look at Craka_J's last post other than "I actually don't believe this myself"

Because then where would Molten Hot Magma come from and yes, the Earth's surface would most likely sink
i seriously hope you mean the earth's surface would most likely sink if there was a sun inside it. if not, what the hell are you high on, and don't you know it's rude to not share? the earth's crust wouldn't sink for the same reason silver wouldn't sink in mercury.

, but the guy who made up this theory said
please let us know when you post things that aren't originally yours.

that the gravity balanced IN the Earth's Crust I think or below it, that way the Earth wouldn't implode/explode.
well whatever you MEAN, we all know that it's wrong anyways, /arroganceON thanks to my fantastic explanation of gravity /arroganceOFF

Another part that makes no sense to me is that the man predicted that the holes were in water, and that they were about 1200 miles wide, which would drain the ocean itself within a couple hours.
1200 miles wide? wouldn't that have been your first clue that if this wasn't such good debate-food, it would be an absolute waste of time?

A sun inside the Earth sounds probable, since the Earth was once a Sun and the Fusion and Nuclear Power of this planet sank inside, it almost sounds like it makes sense, atleast until his statement includes that the sun is about 300-600 miles wide, which would upset volcanoes, heat the ground as you've mentioned, and radiation would certainly be a problem.
... it's rude not to share. specifically though,

the Earth was once a Sun
ha...ha...hahaha. no it wasn't. the atoms that compose the earth were expelled from stars, but that doesn't mean it used to be a sun. that's like saying every living multicellular organism on the earth is female because they all came from inside other females. WRONG.

The Atlantis thing was something I sort of made up lol, I don't think anyone has come up with a fictional theory about an ancient civilization being sunk into the ocean from Atlantis, brought all the way UNDER about more than 300 miles under the Earth's Crust by simply a hardcore tsunami.
okay, but you were still relying heavily on hollywood hype about atlantis.

But if the Earth had no Sun underground, then that defeats a couple things such as gases, radiation, massive heat, but leaves the Earth to imploding :p
. . . . . .
what do you mean the earth would implode if there wasn't a sun inside it? have you ever tried squeezing a rubber ball? did it implode? no? well it didn't BECAUSE IT'S SOLID. the earth is solid too, in the sense that it's not hollow, not that it's entirely the solid type of matter.

But don't be too sure of yourself that the Earth does have layers or that it is actually hollow... for we haven't even discovered everything and haven't even gotten to the bottom of our own planet's ocean floor. It's all a bunch of theorys... and one of them has got to be right! :D
like Dr Super Good said, WRONG.

Last edited:
Level 25
The Earth is like a giant jam donut, with the core being the jam

... Yeah, that's the best one I can think of. The Earth, to my knowledge, doesn't generate new heat. It just absorbs heat from the sun, and has all that lava and magma which transfers heat around but doesn't loose it much

This however reminds me of the wonderous movie "The Mole People" in which a group of Atlanteans were underground and ruled over some mole people, down, down, down beneath the surface of the world. Go MST3K it

Level 2
The earth has a magnetic field, and Gravity. The earth's core is solid, superdense, metal, surrounded by molten metal and rock. The clay ball is a clay ball, with gravity, but almost none at all. THe clay ball doesnt have molten metal and rock in its center, and a superdense center. I dont think that the ball has a magnetic field either.

Status
Not open for further replies.