• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DoomsDay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I don't know how many people believe this god damn rumor,i don't know it is true or untrue,anyone knows,is it true?or untrue?
If this thread had posted inside the THW before,moderators can remove this thread:goblin_boom:
Will the earth explosion?
Answer: How i know,i don't know this kind of rumor is true or untrue!
Will the earth stop spinning?
Answer: Call someone go into the core of the earth?(It same with the movie of "The Core")
Will the people can fly everywhere when the gravity decreased?
Answer: Maybe,but that time we can't run,we will be suck to the space.

Question: Doomsday at 21/12/2012? O_O

Only these question,can someone give me more answer of the true?

Myabe my english is bad :p

Level 22
I've went into conspiracies from secret governments, societies, to the 2012 and frankly all sounds too stretched and unreal and nothing gives even a slight clue. For 2012 specifically, it sounds like nothing different from the previous times 'the world ended'. Nibiru - there is absolutely nothing to suggest such thing is coming and as we known space objects can be seen from distance, not suddenly appear and don't play hide-and-seek during the time. So yes Mayan calendar ends but again nothing gives any reason for anything else.

Solar maximum - it is speculations and by some, fear mongering as there is no evidence and can never be known what effects it can have. The worst so far was in the 19th century where it damaged the telegraph wires. Such thing could happen but cannot be said when or if at all - it would cause damage and lossess to the business but not end, would it?

I can't think of other reasons they think it will end in 2012 - pole shifts - again I thought it was related to an incoming object. Asteroid, we would have seen it, so far there was an asteroid passing only some thousand miles just last month.

I also realized guessing is a waste of time, so if something shows such thing is happening or starts happening, then we can talk about it, until then, sleep tight.

Level 11
Solar maximum - it is speculations and by some, fear mongering as there is no evidence and can never be known what effects it can have. The worst so far was in the 19th century where it damaged the telegraph wires. Such thing could happen but cannot be said when or if at all - it would cause damage and lossess to the business but not end, would it?

We're (estimated) 26,000 light years away from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy. We have nothing to worry about, even if there was some life threatening energy released moving at the speed of light from the center. Also, the center of the galaxy is theorized to be a massive Black Hole, and those suck in everything but the occasional Solar Flares.*

The earth will eventually explode, or be 'vaporized' when the sun explodes. (Or engulfed by it when it expands during its later years of life.)
Thankfully this is a few billion years away.

The Earth will eventually stop spinning.
The Earth's core heat will eventually be released entirely into space and its magnetic field will be dramatically reduced.
This is also a few billion years away. If humanity survives long enough to see that the Earth has stopped spinning, we'll likely be able to travel to another planet.

Without gravity we will be capable of jumping much higher, but we won't be able to 'fly'.
The Earth will still retain gravity due to its size, and that gravity is likely enough to keep us on it.

Anyhow, when a human enters space they actually explode.
This is one of the major reasons we go into space with special suits, and not scuba diving equipment.
The other is that objects move about space at an extremely fast rate. 17,500+ MPH if I'm correct. So a spec of dust will literally go straight through a human.

In other words, all of your rumors are correct. Just the date is a few millennium off. Again.

*If the law of thermodynamics is correct, then Black Holes merely scatter/store information, as energy cannot be destroyed, only transformed. It it theorized that if Black Holes take in enough energy that they will emit a flare.

Last edited:
Level 22
^ The solar flares are particles coming from the sun and the solar storms are typical nothing to do with the galaxy. Oh you reminded me the other thing they were talkling about, the allignment with the center of the galaxy and other planets - yes this is gradual process so if something were to suggest something to happen, we would've seen it right now, as it is 1 year before and such things wouldn't happen instantly.

So yes, good night, sleep tight and don't let the crazy bugs bite.

Level 11
If the earth stop spinning,maybe you can go watch "The Core" xD
Also,the doomsday,not sun and solar storms problem,maybe is,but scientist say an unknown planet will near the earth soon? O_O

With our current technology, we cannot go to the core of the Earth. The movie 'core' was using some sort of steel framed ship that would melt from the heat.*

The planet problem has two major problems. We'd see it well before it gets close, and it would take an astronomically high amount of energy to even get a planet moving out of a orbit, and even more to get it out of a solar system.

*Also, the movie 'core' was... silly because they managed to reconfigure the ship in ten minutes, with no actual knowledge of how to do so.

Last edited:
Level 11
If we get out range of the sun,we all will be freezed,but we too near with the sun,we will be cooked,if an unknown planet near earth,the gravity will straight decreased,we can fly that time for awhile,then we die o.o

That's why we're alive on this planet. Its not too close and not too far. What I was referring to with the Earth getting vaporized was a Super Nova, which is created when a star dies. However, stars tend to shrink/expand before this, creating either a White Dwarf or a Red Giant. Both will kill us. However, these events are easily 2-4 billion years away. You won't be alive to see it. Nor will I.

The closest planet to earth is Venus. Period. There is nothing hidden out there. (Except Dark Matter) The moon is actually getting farther away, so that's not going to randomly crash into Earth.

Also, if a planet somehow appeared out of nowhere, it'd likely be taken by the Sun's gravity before Earth's gravity. You can't directly decrease gravity. Its constant, for the most part. The only way you can decrease gravity is to remove mass from an object.

Level 11
Well if you are busy about thinking what is going to happen, can you even do something even if you know what was going to happen. can you make, for example, a meteor stop by yourself ?? we need cooperation to do that but, Unfortunately, we "Humans" are hard headed and cant follow some simple instructions to keep our planet alive. Instead of worrying about this we must do everything we can to maintain things we do have right now. Cause we are not some kind of guy/girl who can easily predict stuff.
Lets take some simple things for our example.
For example you like someone. You, then make some sighting on what will happen. Lets take that you will be afraid on telling what you really feel because of the fear of rejection. your afraid that he/she will reject you.
But you dont know what will happen if you try. Every action has a corresponding action which will be followed up, and for every action there will be new branches of choices you will take.
So before doing something. Think Straight,and think before you act :)

Level 22
According to scientists and I agree we are capable of doing it, if a meteor was ever heading to the earth people could use rockets or other means of either destroying the object or changing its trajectory like pushing it degrees from its path that is avoiding collision. It all depends on the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.