• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

World to end in 2029? or 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Whatever it is, you guys are all right...
One day a meteorite may crush earth...
One day Global Warming will sap all living things...
One day the Sun will explode and make the most Chaos over living things...

But I say this to you, it is not untill we realize that we will not exist anymore if everyone loses faith.

We survived over the last million years and we shall do so if we do not stop trying. So my suggestions is, stop chit chatting about this stuff and face reality, what do we have to build to survive?

Before that day i have died already ;) ... i hope .. im most sure even :p

Level 3
The world is supposed to end in 5 ways:

1) Nuclear War
2) (What you said about the chunk of rock hitting earth)
3) Polarity is supposed to vanish (Without polarity...nothing will work [aprox])
4) Sun gives out and blows up
5) Black Hole

They say the most almost possible way of earth dying is a Black Hole..which is supposed to occur in 2 thousand years. The meteorite is a known fact, but no need to worry; TEAM AERMICA: WORLD POLICE will protect us!. Polarity is only gonna give out some day.....Sun blowing up...not for another million years they say.

1) I think we've learned our lesson in the cold war, and if not: nukes can only cause a nuclear winter and they've invented winterclothes for that....

2) why does everyone say: oh they'll just nuke the rock and the problem goes away.... thats pretty lame considering that an asteroid weighs millions of tons, u need a big dang nuke to blast those rocks..... but anyway if an asteroid hits us (0.3% remember?) that will not destroy us either. the dinosaures just died because they were coldblooded and that asteroid caused a small ice age when it hit.... since we are warmblooded (except for schoolteachers) we dont have to worry....

3) THAT IS TOTALLY REDICULOUS BULLCRAP, because the earths polarity is being influenced by the sun and the moon. to remove earths polarity, you would have to blow up the moon AND the sun, and if we do that, we have solar plasma to worry about. by the way, i dont understand what that polarity crap is about anyway... if it's gone, so WHAT? compasses wont work anymore? i dont see how that is going to lead us to extinction.....

4) by that time we will have colonized the galaxy anyway, its only 4.3 lightyears to the nearest star you know....

5) black holes can only be created when a star is destroyed and if the sun does that: see 4)...... hey wait that sounded strange: see 4)..... C4 anyone?

i've got my own theory of the worlds end: in thirty years, value of oil and gas will become so high, that all countries will go to war for territorial control of the last oil and gas pumping stations. humanity will be out of power and the majority of humankind will be slaughtered by each other. then an alien race will come to earth to abduct the last human survivors and the evolution on earth can start over again, so what we need to do to save the human species, is we need to persuade all americans to commit suicide, because they use over 80% of the earths resources......

(ok i agree, the part about the aliens might be a little radical, but about the americans:
DROP DEAD BUSH, DROP DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
Level 7
3-The polarity deflect radiation from the sun. Mars is a good example of what happen when there are no Polarity...

4- 4.3 lightyears in space... Hum, if you are inteligent, you'll know that not every planet can be colonized due to MANY facts, like temperature, Liquid or gas planète can't be colonized, and the fact that WE hummans need a lot of basic ressource (Water and air). Still we cant take the chance to travel in space as each solar system are moving and that we may/will get lost if we do that...

But your theories are funny still you forgot about those:

6- Ice cap melting : flood cities -> polution of water -> flood forest 50% of the earth air is done there

7- Ozone layer leaving : Burn all trees and us and caus4e #6

8- Water waste = war...
I live in Quebec in I know how many companies from US come here and take our water freely.
It's your fault if you drainned all your water, RETURN TO YOUR RESSOURCELESS COUNTRY damn corporations... ¬¬

Level 8
mmk first of all you guys have some crazy ideas lol so here my opinions.

people seem to relize that nukes are not that powerful compared to the earth size lol I mean yea you can take out a city and such but the only real threat is a global wide nuclear winter meaning ALOT of nukes.

Woundering black holes is just a theory matter of fact everything about black holes is a theory becuase we never acutly been able to go up there and test them lol. matter of fact about 90% of what we know about space is all theory still even though they can make really good guesses.And if you still believe in the theory of black holes according to leading scientist you can even orbit a black hole like it would be a star the only danger comes when you acutly go into it directly. otherwise yea it would be likly to throw are planet rather then suck it in.

polarity is produced by the planets rotation so obvisly if that vanish we would stop rotating and even then the only real threat would be the people stuck not facing the sun freezing and the people stuck on the side of the sun frying with the lucky people in the middle lol.

Matter of fact the end of the world is harder to happen and acutly most people refer the end of the world as the human species dieng which is more accurate.

Edit: btw MetalWarrior why the hell would U.S take yor water when we got plenty of it?

Level 6
I've been reading most stuff.

One):This is my opinion not a fact, if the sun is to explode, if we survive ofcourse, we'd find our own source of light that would keep us alive.

Two):God knows what would happen if a Black hole was nearing us, lets say ofcourse there might be havoc, but since it isnt near us there might be affects on us though, such as going slow, I wouldnt really know. Ofcourse again this is another of my opinion.

Level 7
Sry but I got enough of those companies that make free money out of our water, anyway. I really like this discusion cause it's even getting funny.

What the end of the world isn't funny? HELL YES IT IS! No more sufuring and think to that : no more disapointement in the future cause you'll be DEAD XD.
And think of that, everyone will die one day or another, so if we are gonna die in 20 year, let's have fun and have good time at the place of crying on our fate, that is what I say. The end of the world will prevent 2/3 of the future generation to have problem due to being poor cause they live in a country that suck or to suffer from ressource lack. THAT is MY opinion...

And if the sun explode, our planete will become like that pluto in no time... By exploding the sun is supposed to absorb the first 3 planet of our solar system.

Last edited:
Level 3
The only possible thing that might survive are cockroaches. But the information of the end of the world is very inaccurate. IF it does hit us in 2029, we'd probabaly have sheilds that protect us against asteroids and space debris from hitting Earth. Might be possible if our tech progress gets faster, but this really isn't possible (The theory of the World meeting its end). If that's really the end of the world, is it really worth living if you're going to die from a giant asteroid?

Level 36
It is NOT going to hit us in 2029. There is a 0% chance that it will hit. There was panic that it was going to hit, but that was YEARS AGO and when the astronomers realized how big of idiots they were and how off their predictions were they announced that there is now no chance that it willl hit us. At all. No chance.

Level 18
Don't even bring religion into this argument.

Anyways, did you hear the Doomsday Clock was set to 5 minutes until Doomsday? Pretty scary stuff. The closest it's ever been set was 2 minutes sometime during the cold war, and the furthest was 17 minutes when George Bush Sr. was in the midst of nuclear talks with foreign nations.

Level 12
Don't even bring religion into this argument.

Anyways, did you hear the Doomsday Clock was set to 5 minutes until Doomsday? Pretty scary stuff. The closest it's ever been set was 2 minutes sometime during the cold war, and the furthest was 17 minutes when George Bush Sr. was in the midst of nuclear talks with foreign nations.

First of all you do not say that this stuff does not relate to religion.... secondly nuclear, war, any event won't cause doomsday, Bush is not stupid enough to make a huge fall in economic stocks.

Shados is right... stop posting inaccurate stuff which comes out randomly from your stupid thoughts... We can call this a junk now... please close this thread

Level 18
First of all you do not say that this stuff does not relate to religion.... secondly nuclear, war, any event won't cause doomsday, Bush is not stupid enough to make a huge fall in economic stocks.

Shados is right... stop posting inaccurate stuff which comes out randomly from your stupid thoughts... We can call this a junk now... please close this thread

Shut the hell up DoOs. If you see any posts in here that are actually giving people the right information, they are mine. If you see the first person that said this thread is going to shit, it is mine. I will quote them if I have to since noobs like you come into these threads not knowing what they're talking about, not reading any other previous posts- and ESPECIALLY tying all these things to the Quran. Can you prove that what the Quran tells of is real? No- Just how I cannot prove what the bible says is real. So please, don't bring religion into a topic where it need not be brought. And don't tell me to stop posting when I am the one who shed light on things like the Swedish black holes and the date that the meteor was originally thought to have a 1-39 chance of hitting, and that now there is no chance. Read back and you will see. You are the kind of person who needs to stop posting in here. :thumbs_down:

Level 7
Lol

These predictions are totally shit. The asteroid that is supposed to swing by earth has a 1/1 millionth chance to hit earth, 1/100000 to even enter our atmosphere. And it is not due back in 6 years, that prediction was written in a book a long time ago. It wasn't even supported by anything, and in most cases people add drama to this shit because when you add drama you make more money.

Level 3
These predictions are totally shit. The asteroid that is supposed to swing by earth has a 1/1 millionth chance to hit earth, 1/100000 to even enter our atmosphere. And it is not due back in 6 years, that prediction was written in a book a long time ago. It wasn't even supported by anything, and in most cases people add drama to this shit because when you add drama you make more money.

how many times do i need to say, even though we might get hit by a rock the size of the dinosaurkilling asteriod, we wont die!!!! because we humans (or at least i am, dunno about u....) are warmblooded and capable of surviving an ice age caused by an asteroid like that.... WHY DO U THINK MAMMELS SURVIVED THE DINOSAUREKILLER ANYWAY, so stop discussing the asteriod theory cause it's not going to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 36
Apparently, we weren't around when the dinosaurs were. Theoretically, if the sun was blocked out by the dust from an asteroid impact, we would all die. You know why? Because plant life can't live without sun energy. Without plant life, no herbivores can survive. Without herbivores no carnivores can survive, and Humans will eventually die out too. This is unless we live off of twinkies or another completely artificial substance... but I don't think twinkies have the nutritional value to sustain a human for his entire life... and you'd get so sick of them... so yeah we'd be screwed. Pleae stop with the exclamation marks. It doesn't make you look good. At all.

Level 18
To all: STOP POSTING WITHOUT READING PREVIOUS POSTS! God damn, you don't just enter a forum on the 9th page and post a response to the first post. You have to read the posts before, which have said over and over again that the asteroid wont hit. You don't have to keep reconfirming it!

To DoOs: 6 against 1, what are you talking about- you're the only one being a noob, no one else told me stop posting. I've been the one providing accurate information this entire time. There is no reason for this thread to be closed, the discussion can continue if people would just stop posting after skipping over 9 pages of information

Level 3
Apparently, we weren't around when the dinosaurs were. Theoretically, if the sun was blocked out by the dust from an asteroid impact, we would all die. You know why? Because plant life can't live without sun energy. Without plant life, no herbivores can survive. Without herbivores no carnivores can survive, and Humans will eventually die out too. This is unless we live off of twinkies or another completely artificial substance... but I don't think twinkies have the nutritional value to sustain a human for his entire life... and you'd get so sick of them... so yeah we'd be screwed. Pleae stop with the exclamation marks. It doesn't make you look good. At all.

we humans werent around jet, but mammels were, and since humans are mammels it's logical to asume that if some primitive mammel would survive, we would 2.... and by the way, plants didnt extinct, because not all sunlight wuz blocked out, maybe only lets say 20% or so.... it was however enough to cool down the earth pretty much. if u are so sure that plantlife got extinct with that asteroid, then there would be no plants right now, and when i look out my bedroom window, i can clearly see lots of green around even though im on the northern hemisphere......

Level 36
When did I ever say that plant life went extinct? I never said that. I was saying that if WE were to be hit with an asteroid in the near future. Also, the sun must have been blocked out almost completely if it was to have caused a freaking Ice Age. And if we were to be hit with another situation like that, where the sun is blocked out, then plant life would gradually die off because it would no longer be able to create energy, and the chain would continue until even the top carnivore is extinct because it has nothing to eat. The only mammals that survived (I'm pretty sure) were those capable of adapting to the extreme climate change.

Level 12
First of all you have violated the forum's rules and agreements which contains, "Junk" violations. You make junk in the forum is against the rules. This "junk" is overwhelming now, and I don't want it to distract other threads that are much more focused on Warcraft III topics like map developments, tutorials, requests, and so on.

Level 18
HAH. This is the offtopic forum for the reason you moron. This is where the "Junk" goes. Please, learn 2 english before trying to insult me as well, it might have more effect and might be able to understand you next time too >.>

QFT. This is the "Off-Topic" forum, the only place where you are ALLOWED to go off topic, and talk about whatever, D(n)oO(b)s.

Level 36
Lol, you should've seen that junk that was posted back in the day.

That's probably why I never bothered posting.

Er right... are you talking about the Hive? Because it just went about 2000% spammier since the Merge and all of these noobs joined, so yeah.. I miss the old days of bot free, noob free, no server problems, no wc3sear idiots to deal with, times.

Level 3
Well, since you all didnt bother to read my previous post which explained all of this, I will repeat it on this (hopefully last) page of the topic.

"Ok, look at mars for a second. Nice, barren, wasteland. Once upon a time it was earth like, nice atmosphere, liquid water. All that nice stuff. Then, due to the fact that its a TINY little thing, the outer core (liquid molten metal) froze over. It was too small to hold heat properly. No core=no polarity=no protection from solar wind. The solar wind, over the course of about 2 billion years, STRIPPED the atmosphere off the planet. Which is really cool, in a sort of world ending way. It also bathed the martian surface in radiation beyond any survivable levels (still being bathed in radiation). That is what polarity is. Eventually (say around 5-6 billion years, give or take 100 million) earth's magnetic field will collapse from core cooling.

Now for the other bs. The sun will NOT go nova (blow up as you put it). It doesn't have nearly enough mass. (You would have to multiply the solar mass by about 6 to get what is needed for a nova). What will happen in about 3-4 billion years is this: the sun will collapse into a white dwarf.

Now, as for the black hole. Fairly possible. It is also possible that an atom sized one has already hit the earth. (the tusgunga incident (not sure on the spelling)). Read the book Singularity. The entire plot of the book is just so much bs, a good read, mind, but the scientific facts are fairly relevent. The event in northern russia is still unexplained, but the idea presented in the book was that an atom sized black hole smashed into the tundra. It was refuted saying that no similar incident occured on the other side of the world (where it would have passed through). But the author explains that by suggesting that earth's gravity captured the black hole, and that it was now orbiting the central mass INSIDE the earths core. Black holes are a real possibility. Fortunatly, we would notice their gravitational effects LONG before we could even see them. (Look pluto is drifting away!) But seriously, they arnt very likely.

Anything I missed? As for humankind killing themselves, well, I have more faith in humanity than that. We have been to the edge of the cliff, overlooking oblivion. And we were struck in awe by it. And we backed away. This isnt some cold war threat of nuclear holocaust. Humans are usually more willing to control their actions than some would give them credit. Hope this wasn't too much of an eyesore, and thanks for reading. --HDS"

It was a nice post, it summed up all of the (at that time) information people were talking about. Now to answer the newer stuff. Hum. Well a meteor large enough to knock out the earth would do us in, but if it was only as big (or slightly larger) than the one that hit (aprox. 65 million years ago), then it wouldnt kill us. We have lightbulbs capable of sustaining plants, and abundant energy that doesnt rely upon the sun as it's source. New building developments are almost ALL based on geothermal heating now. Cuts the heating bill into a fourth of what it is otherwise.

Another point, as I said before, for those people who havent bothered to read my previous post, the sun will NOT, that is NEVER, explode. Polarity is a magnetic influence, not a "rotation" of the world. You -I cant be bothered to look who said it- are a total (insert appropriatly offencive word here), because it was EXPLAINED by someone long before I ever got around to it. So you missed both their and my explanation. I have this to say: don't waste our time by posting if you dont bother to look behind your post.

This is my last post on this topic unless someone decides to introduce a new thing worth my attention.

Level 5
the sun will collapse into a white dwarf

Um I do not know where you had science classes, but before the sun dies it will expand greatly in MASS. Not Matter... MASS. In other words the Earth will be engulfed by the Sun, though none of us will live to see that.

What we really need to be worrying about is ourselves. Metaphorically speaking, say we were prisoners, and Earth was our cell. We would be smearing shit all over the walls and pissing in the corner. Then we would have to stew in it. So... Quit being so damn wasteful!

Oh yeah, there are multiple asteroids headed our way. Tutatis is one of them (not sure I spelled it right)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.