• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The War To End All Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Regardless of whether it's appropriate to post this topic here or not, or even if anyone cares about this, I'm going to post it anyway, because it's important to me and to the history of this earth.

This day, 100 years ago, November 11th, marks the end of the First World War.

This day, 100 years ago, after all the death and destruction, the war that had taken so much from so many ended officially.

This day, 100 years ago, the world undeniably changed.

Regardless of whether you support war or not, you should always remember those who died to protect your right to support or condemn war.

LEST WE FORGET

Reactions: pyf

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Armisticetrain-WWI-1918-696x544.jpg

Level 9
A shitty conflict that resulted in even shittier peace treaties.

I really hope Austrians and French will never get to decide the fate of Cental Europe again.

I believe that France participated in this war because of revenge of the Prussian-French war. In which Prussia won and took 1 territory from France. It also made birth of Germany, with southern Germanic states joining with Prussia, except Austria.
This war had several motives, but I believe it was a war of empire against empire. That would be Germany, Britain, France, Austria-Hungary, Ottoman and Russia.

Good Legacies of this War:

• Creation of the Country of Poland
  • Creation of the Country of Czechoslovakia (A country with two nations)
  • Technological Evolution
  • Strengthening the anti-imperialist ideology
  • Independence of some British colonies as Canada, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand.
  • Independence of Finland.
The Bad Legacies of this War:

• Rise of Fascism and Nazism.
  • New imperialist country Yugoslavia (with several nations inside)
  • Helped Imperialist Japan, being part of the Chinese people living in Japanese territory or their puppet, who was once part of China (which was later recovered by China).
  • Deaths of innocents.
  • Successor government of the Russian Empire is a communist dictatorship (Soviet Union).
  • Some losses of unfair German, Austrian and Hungarian territories.
  • Germany's war debts.
  • Second World War

Level 9
The British, French and Yanks (United States) after this war gained strong movement for self-determination of peoples. This war had a significant war of colonies among the empires. Not all have been released, but the British Empire had plans to leave India and Pakistan independent. And he also had plans to create a State of Israel.

Fascism and communism (Not all) are imperialist ideologies. This is one of the ideologies that conserve some culture, or even go back (nazists and Italy).
Germany wanted to take over territory that most were not German ethics, and make their vital space (Lebensraum). From Luxembourg until Siberia I think.
Italy wanted to restore the Roman Empire, with some additional territories in Africa. And other places if the war were won by the Axis.
Soviet Union led by Stalin annexed the Baltic countries, divided Poland with Nazi Germany, took territory of Romania, and another country annexed that can not remember the name. After this war, made almost all Eastern European countries puppet until fall of the Soviet Union. Threatening, supporting and intervening in the country of the planet.

And it was not a war to end empire, but it weakened that ideology. A in World War II also. But this still exists today.
A current examples are Puerto Rico, the Chinese artificial islands in the South China Sea, Catalonia that do not let referendum to consult the local people, Kurdistan, The constitution of Brazil, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.