• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your modding speciality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok,

Since I've seen a lot of such topics here in offtopic, I've thought to start one as well. Ok, the subject is obvious. What's your modding speciality? Is it Terraining, Cinematic, Spellmaking, Iconing, Modelling, Skinning, Concept Artist, or other? Also, mention why did you choose it and since when were you involved into this subject?

I'll start. My modding speciality is Spellmaking. I've been making spells since 2004 summer. I got involved into spellmaking because I think that spells are something logic, and clear, not something relative like arts, models or icons. They are concise and still leave your creativity free to improve them.

Have fun!

~Daelin

Level 9
Skinning. Since november 2004 i think, but i stopped because i got myself enchanted with modeling. so i tryed to model and guess what.....im still trying!

its not that my models are crappy, its just the big bad animation problem, i simply cannot animate and that is a problem

anyways, im back to skinning and im trying to improve both of my skills (that might take a while since i'm very busy now)

Level 12
A have made spells since the unprotected ETS was released but first after I joined this site it became my real modding speciality. I have always wished I could make models but it requires to many expensive/hard to find programs and is hard to learn.

Level 12
A have made spells since the unprotected ETS was released but first after I joined this site it became my real modding speciality. I have always wished I could make models but it requires to many expensive/hard to find programs and is hard to learn.

Level 9
its not dificult, but you have to persevere a lot to do good models, animate them and export and import them properly

Gmax dont have an exporting script i think, go in Kazaa or eMule and download 3DSMax 5, then get the DeX Script

Level 13
Donno what with importing script, but it has exporting script. Just search.

About Kazaa/Emule... =F I'm against pirating... But i know pro software is not available for us, at least me, so... 2 applications I ever haven't buy legally are: Corel Graphics Suite 12 and Delphi 7 Enterprise.

:( Unfortunatly, I cannot pay for it.

Level 12
N00byStance said:
No :D

Find any good free modeling software (like Gmax), find some tuts, then search for exporting scripts, an voila! That's what you need.
I downloaded Gmax but I didn't got any registration code as promised. I searched for help on their site but didn't find any good stuff.

Level 13
Spelling (spellmaking I mean,:lol: jj), since January 2005. Coz i know my talent is all about logic and arithmetic. But actually, i prefer art thingy rather than logic thingy.

If i could change my left brain to the right, and my right brain to the left, then i would :lol:. That's why skinning is my 2nd, still learning though. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.