• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Revival of the High Elves - Official Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
For those who do not know what Revival of the High Elves is, I will make a brief presentation. RotHE is a mod which introduces a fifth race (the High Elves) into the game increasing the level of competitivity and number of strategies in the game. The race will available in the melee game along with the other four races, already made by Blizzard.

Ok, unlike Troll Wars and other mods which seem to aim high, have a huge team, yet just modify the resources already available into the game (methods such as geomerges) I plan an unique techtree with unique units, creatures, spells, of course, at a high quality level. Here are some samples:

Mithril Forge by me (skin by Blizzard)
Mithril.jpg

Sancutary by me (skin by Blizzard)
Sanctuary.jpg

Academy by me (skin by Blizzard)
Academy.jpg

Aeris Cleric (concept by Elvorith)
AerisCleric.by_Elvorith.jpg

Deletrius (concept by Werewulf)
Deletrius.jpg

Some Icons by Crazyrussian
AuroricAwe.jpg
ThunderReverse.jpg
VolcanoBreath.jpg
AstralProjection.jpg
SummonBuilding.jpg

All these stuff are made from scratch (except the skins by Blizzard which will be modified). And if these didn't convince you, check our site at http://one.fsphost.com/rothe . Check especially the techtree since it contains almost all the abilities icons (most of them by Crazyrussian).

Now, about our team, it is pretty small but as you can see, we are struggling to do quality stuff. It comes as follows:

Daelin (Team Leader - Iconer, Spellmaker, Modeler)
Elvorith (semi-active - Concept Artist, Iconer)
Crazyrussian (extremely active - Concept Artist, Iconer)
Rui (Terrainer, yet we didn't start working on the campaign yet, so no terrain for now)

-------------------
DDNGW (worked for the project, helped with some models yet he is not really part of the team)
Werewulf (retired, yet helped with Concept Arts)

So, why do we seek help? Well, basically because we lack modelers and skinners. We do not aim to get many people, but we aim to get quality people (if you see the stuff above, you get what we mean by quality) who can get involved into the project (not just join and make something at 3 months), cooperate with the existant team and of course, follow some instructions about the work I will give.

What do we seek? Well for now, the positions available are modeler and skinner. As a modeler you should be able to model (and preferably animate) units(humanoid and possibly beasts) FROM SCRATCH. As a skinner you should also be able to skin buildings & units from scratch as well (so no copy-paste). If you wish to apply for any of these jobs, then either post here with some sample work and how much time you could dedicate to the project, or PM me the application.

Thanks for your time!

~Daelin

Level 11
VGSatomi, this isn't advertising. I didn't know that our forum did not support team recruiting. And posting this in the requests forum did not really match its description. So yes, I posted it in Off-Topic. Maybe you should consider modifying the "Requests" forum into "Requests & Team Recruiting".

I wonder why nobody is interesed in my mod...

~Daelin

Level 22
VGSatomi, this isn't advertising.

Thats my point. So many valid announcements are passed off a adverts and treated as such...and taken to quite an extreme at this place.

I wonder why nobody is interesed in my mod...

Because nearly all mods die or otherwise go unfinished, and I'd guess most are thinking that this is just yet another project thats going to get halfway done, then abandoned. The mods that get finished seem to be the ones that are planned out long in advance and have a stable team from the get-go, not still recruiting this far in :( .
-VGsatomi

Level 11
Mechanical Man... Yes, but they call themselves Blood Elves now. My story will focus on a small group of High Elves who survived the wrath of the scourge. It's true that the creatures the revived High Elves are a little strange, and that many new units appear, but desperate times ask for desperate measures.

VGSatomi... Phew, thought you meant it the other way. Sorries... :lol: Oh and probably people don't comment because I started this thread. Blah, I guess I have to start learning how to model myself. And I find those planned from-time projects crap. When I was at that stage, nobody wanted to join the team because we didn't have anything, and so, the projects wasn't finishable. Now that I have strong material (about 40% of the project finished, excluding campaign) nobody wants to join because it's not going to be finished? Hilarious, paradoxal, but you're probably right. :(

ragingspeedhorn, I posted on wc3campaigns as well, but nobody answered. Probably the same reasons. I guess I'll have to contact people myself, though they'll probably reject me. Olof did this, RDZ started a model he never finished, Mc! worked for some time, but at time, all he did was faint geomerges, which were never used in the project.

Mecheon, who cares, if they are talented at modelling and could help me? :)

~Daelin

Level 9
This project WILL be finished even if i have to annoy Daelin all the way to the point of insanity :D (if you dont know what i mean have a look at the RotHE forums)
Unfortunatly it seems to me that war3 has lost quite a few members to WoW, or DotA -_-, so really the greats that were and are dont really care about any modding :(. (imo)

Level 9
Daelin said:
Forgot about this little detail... I'll wait them for you guys to finish with the exams. :)

~Daelin

what "litte detail" would that be saying? Me being the little detail or something else?

Level 1
If this project is still active I’d like to join. I’m a professional games designer / artist but I’ve got a lot of free time right now. I can model, texture, rig, skin, and animate at professional quality. The only problem is that I don’t have all the tools to get the models to the right format. That’s where I’d need help, with the exporting.

You might also be interested in my previous project: Primal.
http://www.wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?t=23006
[/url]

Level 9
Stop practicing Necromancy! Go raise your Death Magic skill somewhere else! Heathen.

Edit: Heh. Raising a Revival topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.