• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's your favorite Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title pretty much says it all, so I'm not going to bother you with any extraneous text.

Anyway, I can't exactly pick a favorite. I love Dragon, Psychic and Water-type Pokemon the most because they're incredibly powerful. I absolutely hate Fire, Fighting and Rock-type Pokemon.

That's why I'm going to say, that if I were to pick a favorite, it would be either:

• Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam
  • Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite
  • Feebas/Milotic

Also, don't you hate these new Pokemon?
The first 251 Pokemon are the best in my opinion.
Anything beyond 386 is terrible in my eyes.
Terrible.

So, what are your opinions?

edit
I forgot to mention Tyranitar. He may be a Rock-type Pokemon, but because
he has the ability to learn Thunder, I can look past it :D

Last edited:
Level 17
Venusaur and Salamence.
I don't hate the new Pokemon at all.

Every generation is good on it's own merits, and they also have negatives too.

Level 6
I like charizard
thumbnail.aspx

Really, the only Pokemon I like from the Diamond/Pearl generation is Gible (or his evolved form Garchomp),
and if I were to pick my favorite from the Black/White generation, it would be none other than Akew
(or his evolved form Haxorus).

I don't like most of the others. I guess my discontent with the new generations has to do with my
attachment to the first few :/

Level 16
Kabutops due to gigantic screw-you sickles. Skarmory because its a freaking metal-bird-thing. Metagross because motherfucking metal in more ways than one. Gallade due to being cool in general. Galvantula because ELECTRIC SPIDER, BITCHES. The less derpy legendaries are some of the coolest ones IMO.

Level 5
Scyther!
Spr_3e_123_s.gif

Gotta say I <3 the original 150 because those are the ones I knew growing up. After the following batches I really stopped following.

Level 34
It's a tough choice but I think I'll go with Cubone and Marowak.
First 150 were the best, gold and silver were acceptable.

-Sceptile
-Wailord
-Flygon

Flygon for the win!
I just love him.

I was playing Ruby on an emulator a few months ago, and I assembled a badass team of Dragon, Steel and Water Pokemon.

Salamence, Flygon, Milotic, Metagross, Aggron and Kyogre.

I only used Kyogre for surf, dive and waterfall though :p

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Flygon for the win!
I just love him.

I was playing Ruby on an emulator a few months ago, and I assembled a badass team of Dragon, Steel and Water Pokemon.

Salamence, Flygon, Milotic, Metagross, Aggron and Kyogre.

I only used Kyogre for surf, dive and waterfall though :p

Since you don't really need dive and waterfall that much, you can use just surf for the most of the game. Dive and waterfall are for, well, end game 2 or 3 things right?

And then, add surf to Linone. Then you farm items which he picks up + surf around the map :D

My team was made out of different elements: Sceptile (Grass), Wailord (Water), Camerupt (Fire), Flygon (Dragon + Fly), Aggron (Steel), and Metagross (Physic-Steel)

EDIT: Salamence is a badass though.

Vunjo

Level 14
Among all the starters, my favorites are the Grass and the Water-types.
I don't like Fire-type starters, they're too overrated :p

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Treeko and Totodile are the best /o/

I would say Fire-types are too mainstream xD
Btw, I dunno why, but starter pokemon are so weak at the end (judging by all their stats and stuff).

Actually they're mid point and I do know why:

1) If they gave you strong pokémon at the start, why would you bother catching others to battle with if you already had some of the strongest? you'd only catch them for looks and never use them again unless they were as strong/stronger

2) Adding to point 1) It discourages mono-gaming (using only your starter to complete the game and no other pokémon) but doesn't make it impossible

3) If they gave you a weak pokémon then the game would be too difficult for you to use your starter to complete - and you "want" to be able to use your starter to finish the game with

4) There are far, far weaker pokémon then all starters, take a look at the pokémon you find on route one and in every cave, Zubat, Lioone, Caterpie, etc.

5) They want to encourage you to seek out rarer (and stronger) pokémon

just a few points I came up with, also, add wailord and craydilly onto my list of favourites (craydilly with ingrain, giga drain, recover and sludge bomb while holding leftovers is always fun to use)

Level 8
Here are some info from what I learnt through my adventure:

-Stater would be water type
-I don't like rock types (except onix)
-Metapod shows my facial expression right now
-and Snorlax represents my situation in class
-Bellsprout is from plants vs zombies
-Geodude>Graveler>Golem>Roshan ..seems legit
-Magneton is actually a threesome
-Jynx is a prostitute
-Say no to Sudowoodo (drugs)
-What the hell is Unown
-Ursaring
..is pedo
And My favorite would be Ditto
Problem?

Any Pokemon that can learn Mean Look is awesome for later. (Golbat for example).
Always keep a Golbat in your team, and put it in Slot number 1.
You never know when you're going to run into Suicune, Raikou or Entei.

It happened to me once.
I ran into an Entei and I had nothing.
No Ultra balls, no Arena Trap, no Mean Look, nothing.

Vunjo

Level 14
Actually they're mid point and I do know why:

1) If they gave you strong pokémon at the start, why would you bother catching others to battle with if you already had some of the strongest? you'd only catch them for looks and never use them again unless they were as strong/stronger

2) Adding to point 1) It discourages mono-gaming (using only your starter to complete the game and no other pokémon) but doesn't make it impossible

3) If they gave you a weak pokémon then the game would be too difficult for you to use your starter to complete - and you "want" to be able to use your starter to finish the game with

4) There are far, far weaker pokémon then all starters, take a look at the pokémon you find on route one and in every cave, Zubat, Lioone, Caterpie, etc.

5) They want to encourage you to seek out rarer (and stronger) pokémon

just a few points I came up with, also, add wailord and craydilly onto my list of favourites (craydilly with ingrain, giga drain, recover and sludge bomb while holding leftovers is always fun to use)

1) 1 Pokemon, which is a single type, cannot defeat the other pokemon, which is his counter, so easly. Thus, it's the best to have all possible types (Or just spam dragons, they seem to have high damage and attack rate, thus one hit kill can be done easly)

4) Zubat -> Golbat, which is quite op.
Dunno who's Lioone, but if you maybe meant Linoone, he's op as well, can learn a lot of strong moves.

1) 1 Pokemon, which is a single type, cannot defeat the other pokemon, which is his counter, so easly. Thus, it's the best to have all possible types (Or just spam dragons, they seem to have high damage and attack rate, thus one hit kill can be done easly)

Play Pokémon emerald and use either Mudkip or Torchic, it's easily possible

Vunjo said:
4) Zubat -> Golbat, which is quite op.
Dunno who's Lioone, but if you maybe meant Linoone, he's op as well, can learn a lot of strong moves.

I hope you're kidding Golbat is not at all op and neither is Linoone
http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/pokedex/Golbat/
http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/pokedex/Linoone/

The strongest attack Linoone can learn (without using HM/TM is fling which power is changable and it's attack is 262 at max (without EVs) which is pretty pathetic
As for Golbat it's attack is 284 at max without EVs, neither are particularly impressive and that's with a nature to benefit them

Crobat (evolved of Golbat) is pretty decent, if you know how to use them, but that doesn't change the point.

Level 16
The strongest attack Linoone can learn (without using HM/TM is fling which power is changable and it's attack is 262 at max (without EVs) which is pretty pathetic
False. Without calculating type advantage, Headbutt and Slash have higher average damage due to STAB. Fling is Dark-type and doesn't gain any STAB from Linoone's pure Normal typing. Fling's max. BP is 130 and its min. BP is 10, which averages to 70. Headbutt and Slash have the same BP. With STAB, they gain an extra 50% to base BP.

Although yes, Fling can be very damaging to Psychic and Ghost-types due to type advantage while Normal-type attacks doesn't have any extra effectiveness against any types.

Calculating TMs and HMs, however, Return has the strongest average BP without calculating type advantage, having 102 BP pre-STAB and 153 BP post-STAB. Bigger than using Fling with Iron Ball without calculating type advantage.

Also, Fling can only be used once every battle unless you have Thief.

Level 16
Yes, I already knew all that, however I meant as block not taking linoones own type into account to boost the strength of same-type-attack-bonus
Well, there's no way to remove STAB other than by changing the type of the attacking Pokemon. And then STAB still won't disappear. When calculating BP, you MUST always take STAB into consideration.

Level 16
Level 16
I don't see why technical BP ever matters in a game where whatever attack you choose highly depends on what opponent your facing.
You'll want the best attack of a type you need. Although yeah, 'the best attacks' depends on situation, the offensive stat of your Pokemon, and a whole shitload of other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.