• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What's about to come in the next months...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
That isn't what pvp should be though, it shouldn't be nuke attacks or nuke heals. How lame would it be to be the one guy that gets nuked the fuck out by revenge. Not to mention the length in disables like frost cage and ensnare. It's not viable, not in this rpg.

Looking forward to a hard boss ^_^
Frost cage can be cancelled, ensnare doesn't prevent you from casting or attacking. Since pvp damage is reduced by 50%, in a normal 3on3 situation, it isn't all about nuking, but also using tactical disables in the right moment and avoiding cooldowns of enemies. I actually had some pretty interesting 3on3 battles in the arena. Of course, 1on1 will never be balanced, but team arena battles do already work quite well from my experience.

Level 13
Frost cage can be cancelled, ensnare doesn't prevent you from casting or attacking. Since pvp damage is reduced by 50%, in a normal 3on3 situation, it isn't all about nuking, but also using tactical disables in the right moment and avoiding cooldowns of enemies. I actually had some pretty interesting 3on3 battles in the arena. Of course, 1on1 will never be balanced, but team arena battles do already work quite well from my experience.

It can be cancelled, sure, but in a situation where you don't have an ally to attack you, you're fucked while the enemy positions itself.

As for ensnare, yes, you can attack, oh wait, hunters have the largest range in the game.

It will be all about nuking, take out the healer, move on to what sorry shit is left. You have massive nuke heals, a shield that absorbs waaaaaay too much damage, large disables that can take out players for far too long.

It'll be fun, sure, but no, never balanced.

Just thought I'd add I'm not opposed to the idea of a big arena, it sounds quite fun, especially if there are modes you can set to provide instant respawns or some shit like that, purely for the arena itself. I'm just saying you won't see balanced pvp without massive changes to the current skills.

Last edited:
Level 6
Finished the second bossfight for 1.2A today. Interesting encounter, I gotta say. Might be a little bit too hard in its current state, but beta will put some light on it.

2/4 go for it !

@ vestra
still like the idea of pvp give the game way more long time pleasure. Maybe some skills have to balanced for pvp. (like change some skills with balanced ones onces you enter the battleground) Imagine the big area above mytragas. 2 little bases, some farms / mines etc. collecting resources buying units (some kind of aos) also CTF to make the ppl run into the base.

farms could be some kinda of food resources, like having cows and getting food for them. player can take those farms or kill the cows of the enemy player. (so they dont get food) with food you can buy more units.

mines can be taken too. with iron you can improve your units.

having those units gives the battleground more living, they also could be pretty strong so its more like joining a battle. (not like dota were the heros run the game)

Level 13
I'm sorry that kind of thing sounds terrible shapy, If I wanted to play an AOS I'd jump in a game of dota.

I do like the idea of either nerfed skills in pvp, or specific pvp skills that replace other skills.

Also isn't it 2/5 o_O?

Level 6
I'm sorry that kind of thing sounds terrible shapy, If I wanted to play an AOS I'd jump in a game of dota.

I do like the idea of either nerfed skills in pvp, or specific pvp skills that replace other skills.

Also isn't it 2/5 o_O?

yeah right. it actually says 5 bosses in the beginning of the thread i always think about the bosses i already saw the idea of.

and we will see what zwiebel has in mind for pvp, anyway there is a long way to :D

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hmm, well, in case I implement a new type of arena or CTF mode, I will certainly rebalance some skills for pvp. There won't be DOTA styled pvp, though. It simply wouldn't fit the map.
However, capture the flag and team deathmatch shouldn't be a hard thing to make.

It's 2/5. Shapy just misunderstood the text file.

Level 13
Honestly Shapy.

CTF Sounds fun. I love CTF, I used to be awesome at that shit IRL. I was a god.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Beta version coming anytime next week, I think.
Shapy and me had some good progress on both terrain and designing the boss encounters. As boss battles are usually the most time consuming things in the process, I expect the beta to be released by the end of the next week.
The official release will probably be like 1 or 2 weeks later, as quests and items will not be included in the beta version.

Level 18
Beta version coming anytime next week, I think.
Shapy and me had some good progress on both terrain and designing the boss encounters. As boss battles are usually the most time consuming things in the process, I expect the beta to be released by the end of the next week.
The official release will probably be like 1 or 2 weeks later, as quests and items will not be included in the beta version.

ya bettah add darkly to yarr list!

Level 13
Yes, yes it is. It does seem like a stupid question I just wanted to confirm how much ass I would be kicking.

Level 3
I'm reaaly excited concerning the upcoming beta =)

Zwieb, can you please post some information concerning how will the beta-testers will be chosen and if there is opportunity to be included in the list for the people like me :)?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
The beta will be open, so I will upload the map in the forums for everyone interested in testing it.

It will also include a debug cheat to increase the level of all heroes by 3 per use and add small stat bonuses, which are meant to simulate improvements in gear until level 50, so that the lack of level 50 equipment will not be an issue.

Level 5
LOL i'll join this beta 1 day... ok maybe 1 hour later then when people know how to kill boss, I tend to Rage at failing on boss battles when so close xD

Level 13
The beta will be open, so I will upload the map in the forums for everyone interested in testing it.

It will also include a debug cheat to increase the level of all heroes by 3 per use and add small stat bonuses, which are meant to simulate improvements in gear until level 50, so that the lack of level 50 equipment will not be an issue.

What about armor, throw some beta items on to a vendor, they don't need to have models as long as they've got the bonuses we'll roughly assume for each boss.

Level 6
What about armor, throw some beta items on to a vendor, they don't need to have models as long as they've got the bonuses we'll roughly assume for each boss.

or some nice beta items like:

souls cuddle towel
vestra mighty cotton buds

Level 13
Sir Zwieb, a request.

Make the Spirit Of Magic's armor = 0

It was fine with 50 armor back when you could mana drain some mana back, but now, players who might be just off on wisdom, slightly under-geared or learning the process, tend to go oom fast and are forced to auto attack the fucker. At least make that auto attack count. Either that, or have hits on the protected magician gain mana and hp, as opposed to just hp.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Sir Zwieb, a request.

Make the Spirit Of Magic's armor = 0

It was fine with 50 armor back when you could mana drain some mana back, but now, players who might be just off on wisdom, slightly under-geared or learning the process, tend to go oom fast and are forced to auto attack the fucker. At least make that auto attack count. Either that, or have hits on the protected magician gain mana and hp, as opposed to just hp.
I've done that quest many times already, even with sub-par gear. The trick is to bring a mana potion ;)

But I agree, the armor is probably not needed.

Level 13
I've done that quest many times already, even with sub-par gear. The trick is to bring a mana potion ;)

But I agree, the armor is probably not needed.

It is indeed, and so have I, but watching a mage whos burnt through a mana potion smack away at the boss for 4 damage a hit is a little dishearting. If you know how to do it with the weaknesses and whatnot it's no problem but as it stands currently, it can be a bitch.

Removing the armor, at the least, will encourage those mages to smack away and not hate themselves inside. I do like that mana per hit idea though, since you're in a plane of magics, why not have a near indefinite supply at your disposal?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
It is indeed, and so have I, but watching a mage whos burnt through a mana potion smack away at the boss for 4 damage a hit is a little dishearting. If you know how to do it with the weaknesses and whatnot it's no problem but as it stands currently, it can be a bitch.

Removing the armor, at the least, will encourage those mages to smack away and not hate themselves inside. I do like that mana per hit idea though, since you're in a plane of magics, why not have a near indefinite supply at your disposal?
Let's see what happens. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.