1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

What you dislike about Hive Workshop?

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Narrat0r, Aug 18, 2011.

1. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WHAT I dislike is these stupid donuts and cakes for reptuation on SC2Beta forum,. Ok I get you can clean your ass with it as this is the care about it. but cant you at least remove them and give the same gems on as hthe green one?

When Ralle actually saw one post of mine about the cakes all he mentioned was my post wasofftopic yes it was, glad it became noticable yet good morning anything else to say?

I like the blue-dark grey because it is better for my eyes. I like dark, good for the eyes at night, Plus i've had enough of the green one in the past.

Other than that, grats for the wonderful forum codes, SC2Mapster's are the worst ive ever seen.

2. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I hate that 80% of the user base has down-syndrome.

3. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We don't wish to silence those who dislike The Hive, quite the contrary, we rather want to hear their opinion about the site. i.e. what have caused them to dislike it, do they have suggestions for improval etc.
    Feedback & constructive criticism is strongly encouraged and much appreciated.

However, understand that the Hive is going under major reconstruction and have done so for quite some time. We are well-aware that a lot of work needs to be done to the site. Rest assured; it is! Ralle and myself have big plans for the Hive and our esteemed webmaster are working tirelessly to get the new and improved Hive up and running.
    This however, is not something that affects the current site (in the sense that you can't see the change), which is up and have been free to use in the meantime, as we work in the shadows.

So, please bare with us. We ask you to be patient. If you think the Hive is going to stay like this forever. Well, think again.

4. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That second paragraph had some grammar issues, so I was confused about several things. A big one being the statement that makes it seem as if THW is not going to be free in the future...?

5. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's going freemium, man. You have to buy DLC to continue posting in the future.

6. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One DLC for every section, not to mention you have to pay a subscription fee to see the latest resources of one section. The chat will have a per-minute fee, similar to your phone.

No, what he means (at least how I see it; that was a horrible sentence, Archian) is that you are able to use THW freely (no, not free of cost, free of interruption from maintenance) while work on the new site is going on behind the scenes. Normally, webmasters tend to take down their site for months putting up an "under construction" sign on the front page, and you're not able to use the site in the meantime.

7. Traxamillion

Traxamillion

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah, that makes much more sense.

8. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    To avoid any misconceptions.
    The Hive will NEVER accept payment in exchange for membership accounts and/or any of the site's activities. There will, however, be a chance for users to earn money prices.

Forgive me. I can see how my last post could have been misleading to some.

9. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Not being able to mark our own threads as resolved.

I suppose there is a reason but i fail to guess it.

But anyway i lke this site as the last wc3 modding bastion.

10. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Having users being able to mark their threads as Solved would be chaotic, there's already quite a few wrongly-prefixed threads, and I'd take a guess and say that even those who prefix their thread correctly don't quite know what we intend with having prefixes, thus they'd not know when to mark their thread.

11. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain

Resources:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Even with a button ?
    Meh, i can't believe someone could use the tag [solved] when it's not solved ...

But i suppose it was the sad truth, dumb world ...

12. Jaret

Jaret

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Come to think about it, i hate the huge amount of people complaining about DotA... the past few years.

13. keko4321

keko4321

Resources:
    Resources:
    -now i can use chat
    but i couldn't use it before , getting message .. something like (you will have to wait for a while before start using chat) even it doesn't mention if i need certain number of posts or you should be a member for XX day ..

-i can't rate maps/models .. and i'll have to wait 10 days to start rating . why ?

-you have a bookmarks bar , could you add sharing button ( facebook , twitter , google+)
    specially in map's download page and if only the approved maps that would be great .
    that's all .
    P.S. wonderful site / community / mods / ponies / trolls

14. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Only shitty sites does that. It really isn't very hard to have the main server and then have a test-server you use for upgrades, testing new features, etc. I'd like to say that would be standard for sites of a certain size, but who knows, there's plenty of morons to go around, perhaps a lot of people don't use test-servers while an upgrade is under construction.

15. Hubcool

Hubcool

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can be a beta tester for the under-construction hive 3.0

16. The Reborn Devil

The Reborn Devil

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's Hive 2.0.

What I dislike is that there's nothing to dislike about the hive :/
    Ralle, you must fix that.

17. Billy the Cat

Billy the Cat

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the main reason for that is to prevent users from requesting non-Hivers to register and 5/5 their map.

18. Bannar

Bannar

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    There should be delay before new user can actually give rep/rate anything and especialy: give vote on contest's poll. I'm sure you know that such issues happen pretty ofen.

Other things:

Hive's resource panel isn't eye-candy and to be honest you have to look for a while (if you are new) to get where it's located.
    [​IMG]

Wc3C.net has good example of good looking panel, take a look:
    [​IMG]
    ^Everything is clear and those are.. BUTTONS!!! Although darker colors should be used for hive. As you can see, in hive's there are just two lines of keywords, nothing fancy. Ralle could even use the font used in contests to make it even more fun.

This part of panel is quite good and don't touch it:
    [​IMG]
    It's smooth and, tbh it's just for user - let it stay stylish as it is now.

However, contests news aren't noticeable (like the resource panel), look at it:
    [​IMG]
    When I'm looking on site, there is nothing for my eye to stop on this part for a while. Contests names should be written in this cool font (used for contests and most important new anyways), meaby mix the colors a bit for differend types contest-types.

The word at the top of it ('Notices') isn't noticable at all. Let it be biggest and fancy.

19. Xian

Xian

Resources:
    Resources:
  20. Billy the Cat

Billy the Cat

Resources:
    Resources:
    Personally I think the best way to solve that issue would be to add small related icons next to the links. That way the navigation wouldn't take up more screen space than necessary, which if you ask me is the case for wc3c.net (although that's mostly because of the large header image).

If you're referring to the one I'm thinking of it's not a web-safe font and wouldn't work well on a small size.