• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you did today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
no... I just had the luck of getting an Original CD... :)

Anyways Win7 starter is da sheet. I had to do it for my business, to avoid illegalities. Personally, I do love linux, it's awesome.

Okay, I tried installing Debian few days ago but it turned out to be Squeeze, or some other stripped of version, and I couldn't even connect to internet because I'm a linux newbie :l now trying Ubuntu.

Level 22
Left the hive (final), as there is no reason for me to post. I made my point clear many times, I feel no necessity to respond to every single thread about something already discussed enough. So if you are afraid your thread will go offtopic, let's see how it goes without me anymore. The recent events have consumed the few reasons I would stay here for.

Those who want to come to sc2, just come to SC2Mapster, as for fellow bronies - encounters in deviantart or other places devoted to MLP are not excluded.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I have been 3 days with no computer :eek: (like a record, baby)

Level 16
Played Stronghold Crusader.. I Rule the entire f-in' desert! :D
Now im trying to figure out how I am going to feed my urge to program/code this holiday without having to get familiar again with awefull vJass syntax and without having to write my own engine for graphics and such in some language..

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I got home from a solid vacation of four weeks, before which I had a period of roughly four weeks without significant activity on THW, to discover that literally all the people here that I know and appreciate the company of are gone - either banned themselves or gone as a result of other people being banned.

I've spent a good four hours catching up with roughly what has gone down. Upon realising the site has gone through such a dramatic shift towards an environment I have no interest in being part of, I've made the necessary preparation to take my leave as well.

If you've left, intend to do so, or for any other reason need/want to stay in touch with me, I can be reached through deviantArt for the time being, link in my signature, and from there further means of communication may be established. Do note I'm still on vacation and I'm generally not very active at deviantArt so there may be a while before I give sign of life and answer you if there are any questions. Moreover, I will not return to read replies to this particular post.

Lastly, I'd like to apologise for making a fuss out of my own departure here. I am not trying to give the impression I matter more than anyone and therefore have the right to address everyone by making a post. I understand that this will be interpreted as such nonetheless. Either way, I felt I had to say something somewhere.

For those of you who intend to stick around, I wish you good luck in developing a new and different community that suits the vision of the administration that is now, and that the community won't die as a result of the dispute among the staff and/or different divisions of the community. Our differences are apparently too strong to coexist, and although it saddens me to see this split in effect, I believe it is for the better of the site that focus can be changed to developing it rather than internal quarrelling.

Level 22
Today I resigned as well. The changes that have occurred and are occurring are beyond ridiculous.

It's totally unacceptable, and I refuse to be part of an oppressive regime that refuses to see the error of its ways.

Everything that made this site awesome is officially gone, and from the tone of ML, it seems permanent.

Level 22
^ Don't feel bad, they will put someone to moderate by any means, even if it had to be someone totally new. One big Someone leaves, /care is all they would say about it; well I constantly talk how I leave and still happen to post but now when I saw how many hours of laddering sc2 I missed, I think I will have a good reason to stay away from here as of today.

And what I also did today besides that... removed my SC2 resource - UNAPPROVED anyway (while working properly after its latest updates...) - if you want freely working stats system, go take it at SC2Mapster - consider it a protest against the way this game is treated here.

Level 16
Woke up at 6, worked from 7 till 13, worked out (muscles) from 14 till 16, took a powernap on the dinner table, made dinner, ate dinner, took another powernap, worked out again for an hour (this time actually fitness), and now im checking out hive..

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Today, my 2-week wc3 ban has finally ended! :)

Level 11
Seeing this post on 9gag and wondering from what comic it was, could someone please tell me?

4859884_700b.jpg

Level 11
So today I was in class and thinking to create another new map, and a wild idea appear in my mind: A half hero arena and capture the flag like type. The map is about teenage girls struggling to get new shoes and clothes in a mall, and they can steal the items from the other teenage girl in case they don't get it. The girl who has more items in their car wins.

Level 11
So two years ago a good friend of mine was asking for critique on her drawing skills. I knew an "artist" so I brought one of my friend's drawings to the artsy person and she said a few nice words about it. Things like you need to learn how to shade, try drawing at different angles, color, great stuff like that. With this, my friend became determined to furthering her skills and made a DeviantArt account. I made an account to view it, eh once or twice. Inevitably we moved locations and have been talking on and off over the phone.

I checked the DeviantArt today and I received a PM two years ago (after I went inactive) about her making an account on furaffinity and a link to it. I clicked it; saw some shit, gained the knowledge that she went hardcore with the fandom - spending a good thousand dollars on a dog suit - and a long list of complaining on her bio. Things like "I'm tired of being trolled", "wasted so much time and money", "leaving the site after 2 years", and similar blissful comments.

The sad thing is that this probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't gotten that nice little note for her. Hah.

Level 14
So two years ago a good friend of mine was asking for critique on her drawing skills. I knew an "artist" so I brought one of my friend's drawings to the artsy person and she said a few nice words about it. Things like you need to learn how to shade, try drawing at different angles, color, great stuff like that. With this, my friend became determined to furthering her skills and made a DeviantArt account. I made an account to view it, eh once or twice. Inevitably we moved locations and have been talking on and off over the phone.

I checked the DeviantArt today and I received a PM two years ago (after I went inactive) about her making an account on furaffinity and a link to it. I clicked it; saw some shit, gained the knowledge that she went hardcore with the fandom - spending a good thousand dollars on a dog suit - and a long list of complaining on her bio. Things like "I'm tired of being trolled", "wasted so much time and money", "leaving the site after 2 years", and similar blissful comments.

The sad thing is that this probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't gotten that nice little note for her. Hah.

That's... the sixth saddest thing I've read in THW.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Yesterday I threw my phone at water to show my friend how strong it is. It did not take it, aand well since it was not working I tried hairdryer, still not working, then I waited for night, not working. I tried to open case, no use. Then I pissed off at it and used baseball bat and, well after that I realised it had warranty -___-

Edit: Could it still work? The screen still gets some colors and lines, and they move when I hit it, isn't that the sign for the water messing it up? And I didn't it that hard it with the baseball bat. It only got the back case and sim card holder off. And battery got few scratches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.