• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you did today v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to convince XSplit to work so I can stream myself taking a shit, but this thing is more complex THAN FUCKING FINAL FANTASY VIII

And for all of you ladies who hoped seeing that, no, I'm not actually taking a shit

Level 22
You... poor? 3000$ a year... thats more than my family makes...

Wait seriously? The average Norwegian salary is $67 000 (400k NOK) per person a year. That is reduced to about $50 000 after taxes or thereabouts. The taxes are lower for people who earn less, and up to 40~ish% for those who earn a lot.

Level 4
Neighter you.

"Neighter" is not a word.

e1do9f.jpg

Level 35
Haha only 21? I get $234 every month, and I get to keep every penny. I get a bit more in August and January though, so the total is $3000 a year.

On top of that add the fact that school is free, and so are the books.

Being a dane, I have the same - though I get 425.6975 U.S. dollars a month, with the free education - though I do have to buy a book from time to time.

If I didn't live in a house owned by parents I would get: 851.39500 U.S. dollars a month.

Add to that, that one doesn't have to pay other taxes than workforce tribute for the first 8 513.95 U.S. dollars one earns (the previous amounts does however count in that statistic though). Do keep in mind though that wares are much more expensive as well though.

Spent the day sleeping and eating so far. :wink:

Level 22
Being a dane, I have the same - though I get 425.6975 U.S. dollars a month, with the free education - though I do have to buy a book from time to time.

If I didn't live in a house owned by parents I would get: 851.39500 U.S. dollars a month.

Yeah, I would get more money if I didn't live with my parents as well, although I don't know how much. Also, I know some people in my class who are getting as much as you. The amount of money differs greatly. One guy in my class earns what I earn in 1 month, over the span of 1 year. But then again, both his parents have very good jobs.

Level 35
Yeah, I would get more money if I didn't live with my parents as well, although I don't know how much. Also, I know some people in my class who are getting as much as you. The amount of money differs greatly. One guy in my class earns what I earn in 1 month, over the span of 1 year. But then again, both his parents have very good jobs.

I would assume the difference is the stage on the education - I am getting this amount due to me being at the university. Before that I got the one which is determined by parent income, of which I got the lowest possible.. I believe it was around 187.3069 U.S. dollars a month, but then again at the gymnasium I didn't have to buy my own books.

Level 22
I would assume the difference is the stage on the education - I am getting this amount due to me being at the university. Before that I got the one which is determined by parent income, of which I got the lowest possible.. I believe it was around 187.3069 U.S. dollars a month, but then again at the gymnasium I didn't have to buy my own books.

Ah yes, I still got 1 more year until uni.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I managed to spend the whole day without video games!
...instead, I was on the internet the whole time.

Too difficult for me :D

Today I got a new football! I will never keep it out like other ones.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I "sat" on my butt all day recovering from surgery... again :/
Best of recoveries!

187, 831... how exactly do you people earn this much money if you're still doing university? 0o

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Watched 16 episodes of Death Note. Continued my wc3 project a little and made new account only to test some strategies: team kill, tower rush, peon rush, farm rush even town hall rush, anything. And also to fool with people "how to build" "my peasant watched to left is it normal?" etc. I just like to do so xd

Edit:
Been tinkering away with some art stuff in preparation for the launch of me and Linazes website. Work-work...
Hey is that site about wc3? :D If it is I would like to see it when it gets launched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Nearly finished that darned CMS I have been assigned to work on (using PHP/MySQL*).
Just one more thing to add (which will take quite a while, but thankfully I got it all planned out).

Also, nearly collapsed out of exhaustion, horrible lack of sleep is having its toll on me.

Level 22
187, 831... how exactly do you people earn this much money if you're still doing university? 0o

Government funding. It's supposed to allow students to be more independent, i.e not rely on their family for money (especially when the family doesn't have that much money). The money is used to cover expenses during education, when real jobs can't. You obviously can't slack though, as doing so will turn all the money into a loan.

I think it's obvious your main focus during education is the education, but you need money too. The education itself is free though.

Level 22
i got this text message 4 minutes ago.

attachment.php

;_;

HAHA!

Anyway, what did I today? Nothing so far, but yesterday, well, that's an entirely different story.

Me, my broh (shiiK) and mom took the boat to Sweden, or more specifically Strömstad. I feel the trip was poorly planned though, as it was scorching hot in both Norway and Sweden. And, as unlucky as I am, it turns out Strömstad has no trees. That means no shadow other than inside buildings. Also, not having trees is quite depressing.

Anyway, we walked around in the scorching sun without the possibility of taking cover, in an attempt to have some fun and explore the city. Quite quickly we had to take cover in a store, and while we were there, shiiK had to buy a 7-up. We continued walking, but then we had enough and took cover inside a restaurant. It was time for lunch, but we didn't exactly order lunch though. The restaurant was nice enough to not serve lunch at all. In fact, they didn't serve much edible food either. They had mostly booze, clam and mussels. shiiK and I did manage to get 2 hamburgers ordered, while mom wanted a salad. shiiK, being the alcoholic he is, wanted beer for the hamburger, while mom wanted water and I ordered a Sprite. The Sprite was quite disappointing to say the least, since it was heavily watered down. And to let you know how watered down it was, imagine the following picture: The waitress had trouble differentiating the water from the Sprite(!!). Anyway, I didn't bother to complain and just ate the hamburger. The hamburger was at least quite decent, although admittedly I've had better. After we finished, we paid for it all. And the price? Well it was ludicrous, and not in a good way.

To make it clearer, here's what we ordered:
  • 2x Cheeseburger
  • 1x Salad
  • 1x Heavily watered down Sprite (0.5l)
  • 1x Göstases Beer (0.5l)
  • 1x Water (this one was at least free)
Also note, the hamburgers and salad weren't that huge. This was after all a lunch. So, the price?
550SEK thank you. That's 80 dollars, i.e waaay too much. The cheeseburgers and beer were the most expensive. 300SEK for the burgers, and 150SEK for 0.5l beer.

I must say I expected the price to be half of that, at least. In other words, that lunch would've cost much less in Norway, and I would've gotten a bottle of unaltered Sprite instead of water. Then, add all the rumours of food being waaay cheaper in Sweden (especially beer), and you will understand why I was greatly surprised.

Anyway, the day went on, and we couldn't stay in the restaurant indefinitely, so out in the scorching sun the trip took us once more. After walking a bit we found a small area with grass on it (that was unexpected) and some shadow, so we sat down and rested. I continued reading on the book Digital Fortress by Dan Brown.

After a nice rest we continued walking about without any sense of direction. But then the inevitable happened. We needed a toilet due to obvious reasons. Initially we thought we were lucky, because we could see a toilet not too far away from us, so we walked towards it. It cost money, but that wasn't a problem. The problem was, when we inserted the coin and the bright lights on the box signalled us to open the door, it wouldn't. We tried pulling the door, we tried twisting the weird handle, but for nought. Eventually the box hanging on the wall somehow figured out we were done and signalled for new users that it was now unoccupied. Swearing and letting out muffled screams we continued in our search for a toilet. Eventually we found one more. This time we had only 1 coin left which would fit inside the slot, and we hoped that this toilet would actually work. It was identical to the evil stealing toilet, so we were sceptic, but then again we did need a toilet, so we inserted the coin. The same lights signalled to open the door, but thankfully, this time it did open. And being the ingenious travellers that we are, we used the coin for all it's worth and all three of us (plus 3 other tourists who saw what we did) used the toilet without inserting more coins. Ahhh, sweet relief.

Then our journey continued on, and we still had 2 hours until our boat was scheduled to leave. We went into the same store we were in the first time, and this time shiiK bought a Dr. Pepper and I bought a Monster Energy drink. The heat also made icecream very tempting, but recognizing none of the icecream we could see, we chose the one that seemed the most edible. This time the price was a bit less than in Norway. The energy drink is 9SEK cheaper in Sweden than it is in Norway, but the icecream stayed the same. We walked out of the store and starting eating our icecream. It was okay, but it wasn't particularly good, instead it made me miss Norwegian icecream. Oh how I longed for the taste of good icecream. Anyway, we marched on and sat on a bench that had some temporary shadow and finished eating the icecream, and I opened my energy drink. Then we figured we might as well walk back to the boat and check in. We had to meet up 1 hour before departure and it was a bit away. Then we sat down inside the building that housed us and the other tourists waiting to get home. I drank up my energy drink and continued reading my book. Eventually the time for departure arrived, and we boarded the boat.

The sight of green grass, lots of trees and fountains was a great sight for sore Norwegian eyes when we docked in Sandefjord, Norway. It was still hot as hell, but contrary to Strömstad, Sandefjord has trees. The parking lot wasn't exactly near, but we could walk in the cover of the trees most of the time, so it wasn't that bad.

And after that we got home, obviously.

Last edited:
Level 4
HAHA!

Anyway, what did I today? Nothing so far, but yesterday, well, that's an entirely different story.

Me, my broh (shiiK) and mom took the boat to Sweden, or more specifically Strömstad. I feel the trip was poorly planned though, as it was scorching hot in both Norway and Sweden. And, as unlucky as I am, it turns out Strömstad has no trees. That means no shadow other than inside buildings. Also, not having trees is quite depressing.

Anyway, we walked around in the scorching sun without the possibility of taking cover, in an attempt to have some fun and explore the city. Quite quickly we had to take cover in a store, and while we were there, shiiK had to buy a 7-up. We continued walking, but then we had enough and took cover inside a restaurant. It was time for lunch, but we didn't exactly order lunch though. The restaurant was nice enough to not serve lunch at all. In fact, they didn't serve much edible food either. They had mostly booze, clam and mussels. shiiK and I did manage to get 2 hamburgers ordered, while mom wanted a salad. shiiK, being the alcoholic he is, wanted beer for the hamburger, while mom wanted water and I ordered a Sprite. The Sprite was quite disappointing to say the least, since it was heavily watered down. And to let you know how watered down it was, imagine the following picture: The waitress had trouble differentiating the water from the Sprite(!!). Anyway, I didn't bother to complain and just ate the hamburger. The hamburger was at least quite decent, although admittedly I've had better. After we finished, we paid for it all. And the price? Well it was ludicrous, and not in a good way.

To make it clearer, here's what we ordered:
  • 2x Cheeseburger
  • 1x Salad
  • 1x Heavily watered down Sprite (0.5l)
  • 1x Göstases Beer (0.5l)
  • 1x Water (this one was at least free)
Also note, the hamburgers and salad weren't that huge. This was after all a lunch. So, the price?
550SEK thank you. That's 80 dollars, i.e waaay too much. The cheeseburgers and beer were the most expensive. 300SEK for the burgers, and 150SEK for 0.5l beer.

I must say I expected the price to be half of that, at least. In other words, that lunch would've cost much less in Norway, and I would've gotten a bottle of unaltered Sprite instead of water. Then, add all the rumours of food being waaay cheaper in Sweden (especially beer), and you will understand why I was greatly surprised.

Anyway, the day went on, and we couldn't stay in the restaurant indefinitely, so out in the scorching sun the trip took us once more. After walking a bit we found a small area with grass on it (that was unexpected) and some shadow, so we sat down and rested. I continued reading on the book Digital Fortress by Dan Brown.

After a nice rest we continued walking about without any sense of direction. But then the inevitable happened. We needed a toilet due to obvious reasons. Initially we thought we were lucky, because we could see a toilet not too far away from us, so we walked towards it. It cost money, but that wasn't a problem. The problem was, when we inserted the coin and the bright lights on the box signalled us to open the door, it wouldn't. We tried pulling the door, we tried twisting the weird handle, but for nought. Eventually the box hanging on the wall somehow figured out we were done and signalled for new users that it was now unoccupied. Swearing and letting out muffled screams we continued in our search for a toilet. Eventually we found one more. This time we had only 1 coin left which would fit inside the slot, and we hoped that this toilet would actually work. It was identical to the evil stealing toilet, so we were sceptic, but then again we did need a toilet, so we inserted the coin. The same lights signalled to open the door, but thankfully, this time it did open. And being the ingenious travellers that we are, we used the coin for all it's worth and all three of us (plus 3 other tourists who saw what we did) used the toilet without inserting more coins. Ahhh, sweet relief.

Then our journey continued on, and we still had 2 hours until our boat was scheduled to leave. We went into the same store we were in the first time, and this time shiiK bought a Dr. Pepper and I bought a Monster Energy drink. The heat also made icecream very tempting, but recognizing none of the icecream we could see, we chose the one that seemed the most edible. This time the price was a bit less than in Norway. The energy drink is 9SEK cheaper in Sweden than it is in Norway, but the icecream stayed the same. We walked out of the store and starting eating our icecream. It was okay, but it wasn't particularly good, instead it made me miss Norwegian icecream. Oh how I longed for the taste of good icecream. Anyway, we marched on and sat on a bench that had some temporary shadow and finished eating the icecream, and I opened my energy drink. Then we figured we might as well walk back to the boat and check in. We had to meet up 1 hour before departure and it was a bit away. Then we sat down inside the building that housed us and the other tourists waiting to get home. I drank up my energy drink and continued reading my book. Eventually the time for departure arrived, and we boarded the boat.

The sight of green grass, lots of trees and fountains was a great sight for sore Norwegian eyes when we docked in Sandefjord, Norway. It was still hot as hell, but contrary to Strömstad, Sandefjord has trees. The parking lot wasn't exactly near, but we could walk in the cover of the trees most of the time, so it wasn't that bad.

And after that we got home, obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BydYgfCmekQ

Status
Not open for further replies.