• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What you did today v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
it's not as detailed as I've imagined and it lacks some vital features for RPG gaming, probably skyrim players will get what I meant now :p

I guess that if you want a true rpg...you gotta go outside...
joking

Oh well, i was expecting it was awesome....anyway, is it better than oblivion?As i spoiled all the game by playing it at a friend and an rpg has no beauty if you play it spoiled

Level 12
I guess that if you want a true rpg...you gotta go outside...
joking

Oh well, i was expecting it was awesome....anyway, is it better than oblivion?As i spoiled all the game by playing it at a friend and an rpg has no beauty if you play it spoiled

lol true! :p

actually from my point of view, oblivion and skyrim are completely different games. So I cannot tell which one is better since skyrim has really awesome features in spite of it's horrible deficiencies.
Lol I was so curious that I went and watch all the walkthrough vids out there and also made a search at uespwiki :p

Level 5
Way to go off topic in an off topic thread. You must now stare into my signature, it's your punishment.

Level 11
That signature is so....brain washing...and eye melting

Btw, i wonder how can you go back ontopic on an offtopic thread ^^
joking

Anyway today i had a clean 10 on an history test...no mistakes!yey
And an 8 at the chemistry test
and the art professor is got me in front of the class so the class mates will have to draw my portrait :D I will get a 10 on arts for doing nothing!YEYZ
And we got a paper sheet where we were asked the high school we want to go next year and what would we want to become when we grow up

And also i was staring at the photos i took of snakes yesterday...i love snakes so damn much
And again dratz...your siggy...is so damn eye melting xD...i can't even type or do something without my eyes running there

Level 12
Luffy, what'cha talking about?

Skyrim is a lot like Oblivion. Sneak mechanics, skill leveling, vampirism, horses, towns, NPC AI, caves, quests, Sheogorath... I mean, you can't really call them "completely different games".

I personally think Skyrim is epic. <3

sneak mechanics, skill leveling, vampirism, horses... It's like every decent medieval/fantasy rpg has most of these features already, lol. It's nothing special :p And we are talking about different things. Skyrim is WAY more different than oblivion. Do skyrim have classes? What about birthsigns? Or I'll pass those two, do skyrim have attributes? Or an arena faction, or custom spell creation, or some skills like hand-to-hand blade and blunt which made gameplay a lot more reasonable than skyrim's? I mean, ok, graphix are just awesome, brawls, duels, companions, marriage, dragons and all that stuff are also awesome new additions, but it just lacks those awesome features and it's truly a buzz killer for me

I'm guessing this might be bethesda's attempt to keep oblivion gaming alive, well, but on the other hand, why would they care?

The Quest For A Tims (On A Monday)

All I wanted was a coffee..

So the other day I'm doing my usual.. heading to school on the public bus. Wake up tired as hell (as usual), have 5 minutes to rush out the door (as usual), and almost miss the bus.. also usual.
All the way down to the terminal I've got the sun in my eyes.. which gives me a headache.
I get downtown and try to get on the completely packed bus. In front of me is a lady with a child in a stroller. Well it just so happens theres a handicap and 2 other strollers already on the bus.
It takes the crew there like 5 minutes to figure out the fact that the one lady's stroller is too big to fit down the walkway, so she's got to swap with the one girl already on board.
They finally do that, and then the second lady gets her stroller stuck halfway down the hallway too.
All in all; takes about 10 minutes just to get on the road.
Finally get to Bayfield St and I decide to take one stop after the one I usually get off at to go to school (Tims is up the road).
Get off the bus and go to cross the street.. when all of a sudden.. some dick head truck driver decides to cut a yellow light.
The result is him completely blocking the intersection because traffic is at a standstill. I swear (obviously) at the asshole holding traffic (and me, conveniently) but figure it's OKAY because I'll have a Tims in my hand any minute.

So I get to Tims and order my XL tripple tripple and am practically foaming at the mouth as the lady pours it.
Stick my bank card chip in the machine.. type the pin.. Declined.
What?
Must have pressed the wrong button somewhere, let's try savings.. Declined.
Alright.. WHAT THE HELL.. they declined my $20 overdraft on my account? Seems they'll give me a $1,000.00 credit limit VISA.. but a $20 overdraft? Nope.
Go outside.. stressed out (with a headache, on a monday) and late for class.. try to light a smoke.. no lighter.

/wrists

And that was my quest for coffee.
Now that I've raged, you can all promptly laugh at me then close the thread.

Level 49
Do skyrim have classes? What about birthsigns? Or I'll pass those two, do skyrim have attributes? Or an arena faction, or custom spell creation, or some skills like hand-to-hand blade and blunt which made gameplay a lot more reasonable than skyrim's?

Those are all basically stuff that Bethesda felt they weren't quite happy with and left out of Skyrim for their own, good reasons. For example: You cannot create spells because users exploited it to make 0-mana costing spells to train your spells to maximum, ruining the immersion of a good RPG and rather turning it into a grinding, farming based kind of experience, which isn't fun at all. There are one-handed weapon skills and two-handed weapon skills, with many different perks; There's at least one perk for each type of weapon in-game. The Khajiit race's passive bonus is, asides from being able to use a see-in-the-dark spell, that their fist 'weapon' is more powerful - Thanks to claws. An arena 'faction' is just a quest line in Oblivion that doesn't exist in Skyrim. The class system... I don't know why they decided to remove it, I saw no problems with it, but I bet they have their reasons. Besides, I actually think that being able to freely level up any skill you want without worrying about 'it's not in my character' or 'it will ruin my build' or whatever is for the best. I want to be a rogue-mage-smith-alchemist-archer, damnit!

Level 12
Those are all basically stuff that Bethesda felt they weren't quite happy with and left out of Skyrim for their own, good reasons. For example: You cannot create spells because users exploited it to make 0-mana costing spells to train your spells to maximum, ruining the immersion of a good RPG and rather turning it into a grinding, farming based kind of experience, which isn't fun at all. There are one-handed weapon skills and two-handed weapon skills, with many different perks; There's at least one perk for each type of weapon in-game. The Khajiit race's passive bonus is, asides from being able to use a see-in-the-dark spell, that their fist 'weapon' is more powerful - Thanks to claws. An arena 'faction' is just a quest line in Oblivion that doesn't exist in Skyrim. The class system... I don't know why they decided to remove it, I saw no problems with it, but I bet they have their reasons. Besides, I actually think that being able to freely level up any skill you want without worrying about 'it's not in my character' or 'it will ruin my build' or whatever is for the best. I want to be a rogue-mage-smith-alchemist-archer, damnit!

Ahh I don't care about their reasons, I care about my reasons, they have to keep the gamers/customers satisfied :p Well, I know that all the restoration and fortify skill things in oblivion, but when I have first found about that, I was fascinated. Well, I think playing the game in a fair mood or not is all about player to decide right? If you don't want to build a superb winner strong character, you don't do it, or if you want it you do it :3 It's that simple. But it sucks if the developers limit us players like that :/ Yeah, apart from arena being a questline, it was an "arena" by the nines, I mean "arena", we could have fight even after the questline is finished, also I had great expectations about arena being improved at skyrim, it's all so sad now :( I don't mourn much over class and birthsigns removal though, the thing that disappointed me most are those attributes removal and custom spell creation removal. Uh, screw the mages guild if there's no custom spell creation :( I think that new leveling system will ruin your character build and stuff more than oblivion could, seriously.

What about creating a skyrim thread instead of changing this one :v? i am seeing skyrim everywhere..

Of course you are seeing skyrim everywhere, you shall see the skyrim everywhere! We sons of skyrim are taking over the world, and we are planning to send nuclear missiles to north and south poles to shift the world's poles, so that earth shall enter eternal ice age and all the landscape shall turn snowy, and therefore we sons of skyrim shall change earth's name to skyrim..
lol, btw, if there were a thread on skyrim, I would post on that :p

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Uh, yeah, we have this board called General Gaming, if I recall correctly, which should suit your needs to talk about TES Skyrim.

Been working on one of my characters more or less all day, at least as far as I remember. Trying to make something really alien and vicious looking, yet distinctively recognizable as female. And I'm not talking about recognizing the rack - the face itself needs to spell woman. 1 (aka monkey) 2 (aka fishy!) 3 (aka bald?) 4 (aka Cthulhu, I guess)
I'm not getting close to what I want..

Ah, now I remember, I cleaned the apartment, sent a few letters and made myself horrible, boring taco for lunch and dinner combined. Who the hell gave me the idea of making taco? Pfft. I might've watched a film, but if such is the case, I can't remember which one. I, uh, probably woke up late. Am I really this old? I can't remember what I spend my days doing? Shit.

Oh, right, I put together this thing. But it couldn't have taken too much time.

Level 34
I'll probably get shot for saying it, but McDonalds Coffee is better than Tim Hortans.
Also, sucks to your asmar.

Level 22
Sorry shiiK, but the only female traits about those characters are; you guessed it, the rack, and the waist and hip.

It could be a very sad specimen of a man though, albeit with weird clothing which makes him look like he has boobs.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Been doing pen doodles, eating, and painting a portrait this morning, but more than half of the time, I've been on the toilet. Damn taco. Never again.
Sorry shiiK, but the only female traits about those characters are; you guessed it, the rack, and the waist and hip.

I know, that's why I said I'm not achieving what I want. Huzzah for stating the obvious.

@Dynamiczx, Witcher 2 was rather short, I expected the third chapte to be longer, because the second chapter was rather long, but then I was like 'WTF?!' when I finished the game all of a sudden in no time after the second chapter. The combat also gets rather frustrating and boring. The controls aren't really that smooth. I don't like how they've made things so 'hard' either, you can't jump where you want to, you HAVE to pass by pre-made roads.

Also got 27/30 in a physics test, so that's kinda cool.

Level 13
Had wok for breakfast. Regular food? Pfft.

Incidentally, it kept me sustained for the entirety of the school day. Wok is clearly superior.

Day looked like it was gonna turn to shit when everything and its mother was triggering either OCD or Asperger's issues, but then I got to do maths and it was k.

Level 12
I'm only eating 1 medium size sandwich and some few snacks for a day. I've been feeding like this for like a month. I know that I don't eat much generally, but this diet I've been performing seems to be really extreme this time. Aside from everything, I am starting to be afraid of being intestinal cancer soon, lol.
So what's the governing idea; ladies who have complaint about losing weights shall take an example by!

- Bought MW3
- Found out some of my Averages in school (Math: 96; Physics: 98; etc..)

I also learned that my english teacher is a nut.

Can you imagine a teacher who would actually give a 100 on an essay? >_>
It's stupid..
She's american, so that might be the reason. (Different grading styles)

Essays shouldn't get anything higher than a 92.

- Got an A in my worst subject (Arabic)
- Took notes in chemistry class (No one else cared about what the teacher was saying so I was the only one writing)

- Molested a child
- Ate shitloads of food for lunch
- Sent everyone in my class the answer key to a Vocab book we have to finish over the year.

- Bought an iPhone 4S
- Fixed my Beats by Dre

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Painted, doodled, pulled hairs, ate mashed potatoes for breakfast, decided that playing music off the PS3 sounds better than off the computer. Yeah, so far so good.

What the fuck...
Yes? You know, when you have no mistakes at all? :|
What did you expect?

Does mistake refer to the concept of language, or the concept of actually writing? Because if you're referring to the former, I'm afraid experience tells me flawless grammar and spelling can only get you half the way.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

But Christmas isn't even around the corner, why would you do such a thing? January, that's Christmas shopping.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Fancy signature you got there Ironhideside. Too bad it's so stretchy and pixelated. Oh, and who's the redhead on the far right? I recognize all the others. :3

I don't celebrate Christmas, but I enjoy the cheaper prices and the dark times. Winter Solstice, however, is worth celebrating.

Woke up earlier than I expected, eight o'clock sharp. An hour after I woke up again! Amazing. So I did some doodling and had an average breakfast. Then the promising prospect faltered as I joined Hive Chat - procrastination's breeding grounds.

Level 7
I went to my old school and had fun. Many people missed me when I was gone. It was really fun talking to them and sharing them my experiences in College.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Completed a portrait I started working on a few days ago, and updated my art thread with something like 10 new sketches/doodles/portraits .. etc. Check my dA profile (link in signature) if you want to stay up to date on my art.

Anyway, watched some TV for a change, and I reckon I watched Transporter 2 this morning. It's been so long I can't tell if it was yesterday (err, it technically was), or if it was today. Anyway, I actually enjoyed it more than I expected to, even though it's the Statham film I've already seen the most times. Certainly not because of that maniacal assassin in her undies, though, she's just a skeleton with too much makeup.

Had a bit of a shock realising it's less than a month left to finish all my art class assignments and I haven't finished a single one yet. On top of that I need to do my Flash assignment by the end of November, and prepare for History exam that is in the beginning of December.

In other news, it was raining this morning, so the asphalt has been covered in slippery, slippery and oh-so slippery ice. Best part of the year.

Oh, and this Diablo3 trailer thingy inspired me to design a new villain for my ever expending universe, which you've heard nothing about if you never read my dA journal (no, the villain is not posted there yet, and it will probably take a good while because of the sudden realisation I need to hurry the fuck up). Yeah, I totally advertised my dA again. Don't watch me, though, it freaks me out. Seriously. Don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.