• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Out of boredom, I decided to open this thread. It's quite about logic.
You're about to take part in an epic battle against the enemy. Before starting the clash, you can choose between 3 attributes: Strength, Agility and Intelligence. Yes, they are the 3 Warcraft attributes but in this context they'll give you additional features. Here is every attribute described in detail:

Strength: Grants you more muscular power, greater resistance to enemy attacks, it allows you to manipulate the heaviest of all arsenals (which are almost always the deadliest) and carry multiple weapons without lifting problems. Without this attribute, you are more likely to die or get severely injured from normal blow and less likely to deal fatal blows.

Agility: Grants you faster reflexes and swifter movements. You are more likely to dodge enemy attacks and run away in case you are outnumbered. This attribute also allows you to strike various enemies before they hit you. Without it, you are a very easy target and you'd have hard times trying to deal successful blows and flee because of your slowness.

Intelligence: Allows you to decide wisely all your movements in battle. Instead of rushing to the enemy for a certain suicide, you'd think twice about it. Instead of counting merely on your reflexes to dodge attacks, you'd be able to predict how the enemy will hit you by observing his hand movements. This attribute also allows you to plan successful strategies to trounce the enemy rather than counting only on muscles. Without it, you're just a clumsy moron who's wielding a weapon and doesn't know how to use it properly.

The only problem is that you can only choose two of the three attributes. Which ones would you opt for and why? There are no right or wrong answers, just share your opinion!

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Agility and intelligence. Raw strength is of little worth when your enemy is smarter and faster.

Level 4
Agility and Strenght.
Intelligence is usable before the battle, but in really dangerous situations you don´t have time to think.

But if I´d had the chance to escape the battle I´d choose intelligence + intelligence. After that I´d use it to gather allies then crush my enemies.

Strength makes you stand out more because you're larger and more impressive, and thus you're more likely to be people's first target.
Intelligence makes you stand out more because people will be taking orders from you (in an ideal society where people who gave orders were intelligent), and thus you're more likely to be assassinated or killed by a sharpshooter.
Dexterity is less likely to draw attention to you, and also makes you more annoying to fight, so people will generally ignore you unless you're specifically attacking them. So I'd go with dexterity. But in real life I'm more of a balance of strength and intelligence.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Agility + Strengh, nobrainer for me.

By having those two you can still have the same perks as Intelligence (a few of them anyway).

Instead of rushing to the enemy for a certain suicide, you'd think twice about it. - Since I have both agi and str there should be VERY few that would defeat me in a battle head on, therefore the consequences should be small in my case.

Instead of counting merely on your reflexes to dodge attacks, you'd be able to predict how the enemy will hit you by observing his hand movements. - This is the same as the agility perk so there is no loss. Sure it takes some energy to dodge, but thanks to strength my endurance should take care of that.

I just imagine a warrior with good mobility is way more fearsome than anything else.

This thread had so much potential from the the title ... like raising philosophical questions on how you would react if you were to suddenly step out of your home and find yourself in a third world war...

Turned out it was more of a "what type are you?" thread... I'm a bit disappointed.

But nevermind, I'd vote for agility and agility alone. Agility provides the best mixture of offense and defense, plus the ability to escape fights at ease and even pick your fights.
Basicly, your chances of survival in a battle are best with agility.

Level 19
agility and intelligence

I have no interest in fighting. only surviving. so I need to be smart and fast, get away from conflict and maybe plan assault forces from there.

being able to survive means I can just keep running away forever.

Level 36
Turned out it was more of a "what type are you?" thread... I'm a bit disappointed.

I wouldn't say that.

Also, my response does somehow rely on two things that wasn't explained:

Is this "epic battle" modern or medieval?
Am I the only one who'll attain these attributes, or are we imagining that all the
participants in the battle gets the same choice?

Level 36
In that case, strength would possibly be a good attribute.

Strength makes you stand out more because you're larger and more impressive, and thus you're more likely to be people's first target.

Given a modern battle, where you only need a gun to kill someone, I'd agree.
But seeing as this is medieval, I'd say being a bigass strong motherfucker would
totally impart an imposing threat on your enemies, making them less likely to
attack you, out of fear for their own lives. In war, people act more on instinct than
rationally, this means they'll run from the big hunk that can tear them in two.

Nevertheless, I'd go for Agility and Intelligence, I think, even though there are still
variables that haven't been ironed out. Like; Sure it's medieval, but what kind? Is
there magic? Am I a regular soldier or a commander? So on and so forth.

In that case, strength would possibly be a good attribute.

Given a modern battle, where you only need a gun to kill someone, I'd agree.
But seeing as this is medieval, I'd say being a bigass strong motherfucker would
totally impart an imposing threat on your enemies, making them less likely to
attack you, out of fear for their own lives. In war, people act more on instinct than
rationally, this means they'll run from the big hunk that can tear them in two.

Forgetting about bows and the ability to throw weapons? And spears and pikes which allow you to strike while being out of range of most other melee weapons?

In real life, it doesn't happen as presented in the movies. The huge guy doesn't go around slaughtering dozens of people throughout the fight as they run from him. He gets killed first because every soldier on the field notices him. He'll be bombarded with arrows or impaled with several spears. Not to mention that such a huge soldier, unless he has a shield made specifically for him, would have a tough time covering himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.