• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Cyclic Morph Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have the concept for a Hero ability that allows him to change his attribute and the effects of his other abilities, but I'm entirely aware that morphing is kind of iffy in WC3 and something like a morph that morphs is just asking for trouble. Is there a not so painful way to allow said hero to cycle through his morph through a single spell ( so the first cast takes him from strength to agility, second from agility to intelligence, third from intelligence to strength, then back to the first cast ), or will I have to settle for having separate abilities for his non-base attributes and force him to revert back to his base attribute to switch from morph attribute to the other morph attribute?

Level 21
Pick one form that you consider the main.

I'd first make 4 morph abilities.
The first set of 2 has the main form as alternate form and for normal forms it uses the str or agi or int forms(pick 2).
The second set is exactly the other way around, e.g alternate form -> normal form.

Now you'll need at least one ability that doesn't do anything. When this ability is cast you give the unit one of the morph abilities and remove it instantly(this forces a morph back to the "normal" form, which is actually a different form).
If the form that you're morphing from is not the main form and neither is the one that you're morphing to, then you'll just need to do the triggered morph trick twice(first to main form, then to the desired form).

EDIT: Check the attached map to see how something like this can be done.

Attachments

• Morph Trick.w3x
    83.1 KB · Views: 40
Level 3
Well, the actual morphing works like a charming using that method, but a pretty big issue seems to be that morphing can't actually change a hero's attribute.

Which is actually a pretty big bummer, since I had another hero concept that also relied on changing attributes. Oh well.

Level 3
I did make sure to change the attribute for each form, and even tested changing the main attribute of another hero's morph; neither actually worked, the attribute icon didn't change nor did the text in the attribute explanation window.

Status
Not open for further replies.