• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If you could one trigger Event/Condition/Action in the Editor? What would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Title says it. If you could add one Event/Condition/Action, what would you pick?

I'd go for either a properly working version of

[trigger=""]Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
Actions
[/trigger]

Or a simple action to detect the armor of a unit and store it into a variable. Just as we have ones for Health/Mana/Attributes.

Note: Don't suggest improved editors or the use of Jass over GUI. The thread is what GUI trigger Event/Condition/Action would you add, not other ways to accomplish your desired one.

Level 7
I would want a couple, SetUnitAttackRange, SetUnitAttackSpeed, Set/GetUnitArmor(though the set is better) , IsPointPathable(u,x,y)// the sad thing is blizzard could have given us access to these without much coding on their part.

but SetUnitAttackRange would be my pick(all the other can be done)

@linaze i could use that one too.

Level 5
I would want a couple, SetUnitAttackRange, SetUnitAttackSpeed, Set/GetUnitArmor(though the set is better) , IsPointPathable(u,x,y)// the sad thing is blizzard could have given us access to these without much coding on their part.

but SetUnitAttackRange would be my pick(all the other can be done)

@linaze i could use that one too.

this is what I would enjoy having.

Level 16
But it is working properly... "Attack" is not "damage"...

WC3 needs SC2 GUI. It would make GUI programming acceptable.

Well, I found moving onto Starcraft 2 from Warcraft 3 impossible. I will never, never try it again. It was too stressful to do the things that is too simple in Warcraft 3. Everything was in the object editor for WC3, now everything is in 60 different places for SC2. Warcraft 3 was like learning to ride a bike. SC2 is like learning to fly a jet plane. I know it allows you to do more, but I found it allows me to do less.

This is from somebody that doesnt know much at all about programming. I think the story is different for somebody with your knowledge of computers, programming, etc.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Warcraft 3 was like learning to ride a bike.
More like learning to keep warm by burning trees, eventually something bad will happen as a result.

SC2 is like learning to fly a jet plane.
Actually SC2 is a lot more intuitive than WC3. It does not have the hundreds of stupid game bugs that make no sense.

I found it allows me to do less.
Only when it comes to dynamic triggers and damage systems, SC2 lacks dynamic memory allocation in triggers and also lacks a half-complex damage system.

Level 16
If only AddSpecialEffect could take a z-axis value and life would be much easier. And yeah I know you can use some kind of "invisible platform" for that but meh, a native would save so much time.

Oh and also a GroupPickRandomUnit that uses one single efficient loop.

EDIT: A function for getting a unit's attack damage (average value). That is a must-have!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.